10-14-14 07:09 PM
403 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Hey- thanks for keeping it real. I totally do not understand people complaining about BB not introducing a new "flagship" touch device in the next 12 months. The Z30 may be the best touchscreen smartphone ever made. Just because some of the specs are less than some Android devices doesn't mean those devices outperform the Z30; processor speed does not directly equate to browser speed, etc.

Wasn't the Z30 just made available from Verizon early this year? Even if it was initially offered late last year, globally, it's not even a year old yet... I will get one soon, if I can. Off contract so I can swap my SIM out with my Q10. If anyone is a supporter of BB, I suggest they go get a Z30. It's an incredible phone and will be for some time. Lastly- the US carrier situation is B.S. We should be buying the phones and paying the carriers for service; this may cut down on the "disposable" approach we have to our handhelds.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    So funny. If the Z30 was such a great device and competitive people would buy it.

I find the Z30 to be a decent phone. There are many great things about it, but I don't think it compares on specs.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-08-14 10:56 PM
    So funny. If the Z30 was such a great device and competitive people would buy it.

I find the Z30 to be a decent phone. There are many great things about it, but I don't think it compares on specs.

You still haven't named a single thing about the 5s being superior on specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-08-14 11:00 PM
    You still haven't named a single thing about the 5s being superior on specs.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Screen is better. Clearer, with higher ppi. The screen is strong, crack and scratch resistant.

The camera is significantly better.

The contact list works. It doesn't duplicate contacts. Or delete them on its own.

The phone has better tech features and options. Fingerprint scanner etc.

There are apps available.

To name a few.

The iPhone and GS5 aren't better in every way. There are things that I like better about BlackBerry for sure. But overall the Z30 hasn't been a success for a reason.

04-08-14 11:37 PM
    Screen is better. Clearer, with higher ppi. The screen is strong, crack and scratch resistant.

The camera is significantly better.

The contact list works. It doesn't duplicate contacts. Or delete them on its own.

The phone has better tech features and options. Fingerprint scanner etc.

There are apps available.

To name a few.

The iPhone and GS5 aren't better in every way. There are things that I like better about BlackBerry for sure. But overall the Z30 hasn't been a success for a reason.

Z30 hasn't been a success for a clear reason... not the ones you mention however...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-08-14 11:42 PM
    Z30 hasn't been a success for a clear reason... not the ones you mention however...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Let me guess... It's either because of a conspiracy against BlackBerry or marketing?

04-09-14 12:05 AM
    Let me guess... It's either because of a conspiracy against BlackBerry or marketing?

More than that and it's not a conspiracy.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-09-14 12:12 AM
    More than that and it's not a conspiracy.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    So why don't you "enlighten" me?

04-09-14 12:16 AM
    So why don't you "enlighten" me?

Because its already answered a dozen times around the forums. There is never one factor..... that's just outrageous...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    CDM76 and barbarianthemadserb like this.
    04-09-14 12:19 AM
    Because its already answered a dozen times around the forums. There is never one factor..... that's just outrageous...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I've never said it's one factor. So relax.

I've also read your posts in other threads about BlackBerry and its current situation. You do seem to make the claim that there is a conspiracy against BlackBerry.

04-09-14 12:23 AM
    Ya, that's why it's selling so well!

No its selling well do the excessive amount of marketing.

And the fact that all government workers have access to ordering them.

Once these two things are fixed the Z30 will sell like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:37 AM
    No its selling well do the excessive amount of marketing.

And the fact that all government workers have access to ordering them.

Once these two things are fixed the Z30 will sell like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Blaming marketing is just ridiculous. And another government conspiracy.

04-09-14 12:42 AM
    This thread is becoming a war zone!

Funny part is that both sides presents more than good points.... they're just covered by layers of sarcasm and disdain. Please let's all try and keep an air of respect and tolerance, that way we all win :]

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and vgorous like this.
    04-09-14 12:49 AM
    How is blaming it on marketing not a factor? Was there any hype built up for the z30 launch? I highly doubt apple, samsung, etc spend 300+ mill on advertising because it's not effective. Bottom line is blackberry devices will make a comeback when they are purchased by a company with deep pockets that can put the money out to compete with the big boys.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:59 AM
    How is blaming it on marketing not a factor? Was there any hype built up for the z30 launch? I highly doubt apple, samsung, etc spend 300+ mill on advertising because it's not effective. Bottom line is blackberry devices will make a comeback when they are purchased by a company with deep pockets that can put the money out to compete with the big boys.

Posted via CB10
    Who do you think would be a good buyer?

I remember Chris casual dropped Microsoft as a hopeful on his case. They define fill the 'deep pockets' requirements and has a flurry of business customers with its computer software product BUT the class with Windows phone OS woulda been too great. So I would see them most likely stripping down BlackBerry to a strictly software company, while pushing the eBBM, BBM, BlackBerry Fuse, and all other (mostly business) relates software, since that's where BlackBerry has its last firm stand on

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, marketing and advertising are huge industries for a reason. My issue here is that BlackBerry doesn't have anything to market.

While I think that many of the features offered on the iPhone and GS5 are not for me, they are new and interesting and give them something to promote. That's why I think BlackBerry needs to release a high end industry leading phone with some new tech that they can build a marketing campaign around.

04-09-14 01:18 AM
    Absolutely, marketing and advertising are huge industries for a reason. My issue here is that BlackBerry doesn't have anything to market.

While I think that many of the features offered on the iPhone and GS5 are not for me, they are new and interesting and give them something to promote. That's why I think BlackBerry needs to release a high end industry leading phone with some new tech that they can build a marketing campaign around.

I'm a Z10 owner, and I know all BB10 inside out, and I've been thinking of getting the Z30 for the longest BUT, the screen resolution....

Now folks may think that I'm shallow for basing my entire purchase on the screen, but that fine with me. The Z30 carries along my z10 experience that I've grown to love and adds even more (radio, paratek antannae, larger battery) but when I went to my local Telus store to check it out. I still thought my Z10 just LOOKED much better at the highest brightness (for both phones) due to the pixel density. Just the fact that the screen accounts for probably 98% of all input & output, you need to be able to love what you see (i.e the actual screen), to make it worthwhile. Frankly, it simply being 1080p would've made me but it once it came out.

So it makes sense when a complete outsider overlooks the phone, when literally ALL of the phones in its price range offers something that's LOOKS better. Going forward, I'd like no BB flagship to have less than full HD screen, just to lure people in, then go all out with the OS, because this is when people would truly have a chance to love it, only once they get people to like what they see, then live what it does

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:31 AM
    I'm a Z10 owner, and I know all BB10 inside out, and I've been thinking of getting the Z30 for the longest BUT, the screen resolution....

Now folks may think that I'm shallow for basing my entire purchase on the screen, but that fine with me. The Z30 carries along my z10 experience that I've grown to love and adds even more (radio, paratek antannae, larger battery) but when I went to my local Telus store to check it out. I still thought my Z10 just LOOKED much better at the highest brightness (for both phones) due to the pixel density. Just the fact that the screen accounts for probably 98% of all input & output, you need to be able to love what you see (i.e the actual screen), to make it worthwhile. Frankly, it simply being 1080p would've made me but it once it came out.

So it makes sense when a complete outsider overlooks the phone, when literally ALL of the phones in its price range offers something that's LOOKS better. Going forward, I'd like no BB flagship to have less than full HD screen, just to lure people in, then go all out with the OS, because this is when people would truly have a chance to love it, only once they get people to like what they see, then live what it does

Posted via CB10
    If it had a 1080p screen with the same battery it wouldn't have 25 hours of battery life.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-09-14 02:03 AM
    If it had a 1080p screen with the same battery it wouldn't have 25 hours of battery life.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    It needs better power management software. A better battery wouldn't hurt either.

I agree with what he was saying. I think anything less than full HD going forward is a no no for BlackBerry.

04-09-14 02:06 AM
    It needs better power management software. A better battery wouldn't hurt either.

I agree with what he was saying. I think anything less than full HD going forward is a no no for BlackBerry.

True, that added resolution would eat up the battery for sure.

As mentioned, better software should (hopefully) atleast make this issue reduced to the point of it being tolerable. The again, here in the forums folks have been spewing out the term 'Wall huggers' to refer to the iPhone crowd who apparently can't keep a charge all day. I've never owned an iPhone so I'm not sure how realistic these notions are BUT what I do know is that (if this is true) it hasn't been nearly as big an issue to kill hardware unit sales.

This is where the issue of marketing comes into question, BlackBerry can throw all their resources in making those value added features as I mentioned above, but they would largely go unnoticed besides only the 'in' crows of folks here at Crackberry and similar outlets.

So we need to have a happy medium between the appeal and effort. So far the appeal has been greatly lagging, even thought the flagship Z30 is still feature packed, showing the considerable effort they out into making it.

At this point, I would probably say that BlackBerry would gladly have put in a 1080p screen in exchange of a reduced battery, if that would mean that it catches much more of the awareness of the HUUUGE naive crowd.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 02:39 AM
    You saw them too? I was at Blackberry yesterday and saw 3 devices. The 3rd one was locked away in a vault. They gave me clearance for some unknown reason. They did a retinal scan and a colonoscopy to confirm my identity before revealing it to me. They are certainly not sitting on their hands. Sorry but I am not going to be the one to leak it.
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 02:52 AM
    I'm wondering if this z10 will be my last BlackBerry. I anticipate another all touch phone too but if it's the size of a z30 I can't do it. To me that form factor is just too large. If they could keep the current z10 size and just extend the screen out closer to the edges making better use of some of the waisted space that's there now. Upgrade the hardware and slap on a mature 10.3 and that will be a fantastic device.

Z10
    sisko2003 and Bdot-1 like this.
    04-09-14 05:47 AM
    I really don't understand the Z30 hate that I read throughout this topic. True its big.. but my previous BlackBerry was a curve 9320 which is way smaller than the Z30. The first day ( maybe days ) you really have to get used to it but you realise after a week or two when you grab your old device it's really small and the Z30 actually works perfectly fine. The size is not a problem, you can use it with one hand so two thumb typing isn't needed ( maybe faster ).

But I have to say they shouldn't make a new device way bigger than this.. 5.2" is max for me.. because of its one thumb usage..

Well just wanted to say that. Back to topic, I really hope they bring a new all-touch flagship but for now I'm really happy with the Z30

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-09-14 07:55 AM
    I really don't understand the Z30 hate that I read throughout this topic. True its big.. but my previous BlackBerry was a curve 9320 which is way smaller than the Z30. The first day ( maybe days ) you really have to get used to it but you realise after a week or two when you grab your old device it's really small and the Z30 actually works perfectly fine. The size is not a problem, you can use it with one hand so two thumb typing isn't needed ( maybe faster ).

But I have to say they shouldn't make a new device way bigger than this.. 5.2" is max for me.. because of its one thumb usage..

Well just wanted to say that. Back to topic, I really hope they bring a new all-touch flagship but for now I'm really happy with the Z30

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    I currently have a Z10 so that's why I haven't switched to the 30. Seems like a great device. We are just saying that we want something beyond the 30 when the rest of us get there...when our contracts are up.
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    04-09-14 08:41 AM
    I'm wondering if this z10 will be my last BlackBerry. I anticipate another all touch phone too but if it's the size of a z30 I can't do it. To me that form factor is just too large. If they could keep the current z10 size and just extend the screen out closer to the edges making better use of some of the waisted space that's there now. Upgrade the hardware and slap on a mature 10.3 and that will be a fantastic device.

Z10
    You know someone, not sure who, seemed to say that BB could prepare an all touch banging hot phone without much problem rather quickly. I am hoping this is true. I am also leery of a larger phone than my Z10 but alas, I am a VZW customer and have never been able to even see a Z30, much less hold one.

Until then I have to withhold opinion.
    04-09-14 08:43 AM
    That'd be great! I love my Z30, and I'd love to see what a Z50 would be like!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:48 AM
403 ... 7891011 ...