10-14-14 06:09 PM
403 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Z30 would be fine for two years for most anyone I suspect.
    Yes I agree it might be...but here is the problem..the market will move on and come up with other premium devices..and failing to get along has already been one of the main causes of the downfall of BlackBerry...I Love BlackBerry and have been using their device for the past 7 years, and I don't want a Z50 tomorrow, (although must admit would be nice if happens) .. but Z30 was launched around September - October last year and around same time this year an upgrade is required .. Also you need a solid all Touch Flagship device and Z30 in that regard is highly debatable... Love BlackBerry but will constantly push them...

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-02-14 02:44 AM
    With the 10.3 leak my Z30 seems to be crazy fast. Im sure it will last at least another 1 and a half years before it even seems a little outdated

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-02-14 04:48 AM
    If that is so, many of us will be forced to move on

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Sadly, yes. That will be me as well. Bye bye BlackBerry if I can't have the all touch device successor to the Z10.... let's hope we see something promising coming later in the year!
    koves likes this.
    04-02-14 08:43 AM
    I've been a faithful BlackBerry user for over seven years. Unfortunately, if they don't release an upgrade of the current all touch line up then I may have to move on as well. And that really socks because I LOVE BlackBerry and the BB10 UI. I just could never go back to a qwerty phone now that I've fallen in love with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    THIS ^^^^^
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    04-02-14 08:46 AM
    Sadly, yes. That will be me as well. Bye bye BlackBerry if I can't have the all touch device successor to the Z10.... let's hope we see something promising coming later in the year!
    Agreed and hoping for an all touch super specced device by the end of the year..

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-02-14 09:42 AM
    There will be no successor to Z10 or Z30 this year. It's talked about for next springish... This comes from a friend who programs for bb in Mississauga plant. I hate it because he never tells me anything juicy except for this!

I tried getting him wasted this weekend so he would leak the OS to me. Didn't work, I'm going to try Ruffies next

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    04-03-14 07:25 AM
    There will be no successor to Z10 or Z30 this year. It's talked about for next springish... This comes from a friend who programs for bb in Mississauga plant. I hate it because he never tells me anything juicy except for this!

I tried getting him wasted this weekend so he would leak the OS to me. Didn't work, I'm going to try Ruffies next

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Well that's okay too...My contract ends next April...so as long as something new is planned on the horizon, I can wait!
    04-03-14 07:47 AM
    For once I'm happy about contracts. I've got till October 2015, so if Chen lets the cavemen's whinging overpower people who want a full touch by the end of 2014, I've still got some time.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:09 AM
    For once I'm happy about contracts. I've got till October 2015, so if Chen lets the cavemen's whinging overpower people who want a full touch by the end of 2014, I've still got some time.

Posted via CB10
    I also have a upgrade I have been keeping in my back pocket...just in case something appears!!!!!!!
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    04-03-14 08:32 AM
    The reality is with the new Foxconn agreement in place they could spit out any full touch screen device in no time with whatever spec BlackBerry desired. You may not like the design but it is totally feasible.

BlackBerry now has this at their fingertips with little risk as Foxconn is taking on the financial burden.

I have no doubt that we will see a higher end or cutting edge full touch device at the end of this year or early next year based on how well the Z3 is accepted.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:51 AM
    The reality is with the new Foxconn agreement in place they could spit out any full touch screen device in no time with whatever spec BlackBerry desired. You may not like the design but it is totally feasible.

BlackBerry now has this at their fingertips with little risk as Foxconn is taking on the financial burden.

I have no doubt that we will see a higher end or cutting edge full touch device at the end of this year or early next year based on how well the Z3 is accepted.

Ideas like this make me have hope!!!
    I so want to stay on BlackBerry! I just don't want to burn my upgrade for a Z30 that is already 6 months old...not to say its not a great phone. I am just hoping to wait for "the NEXT great thing"
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:59 AM
    Jaydee. As a huge supporter of BlackBerry and a shareholder we will know in the next two quarters where this is going. If by then John Chen has not been able to come through on his plans to make BlackBerry profitable or breakeven then it will be game over.

I for one believe Mr. Chen will succeed and BlackBerry will live on but it's focus will be elsewhere and not in hardware so to speak. Yes they will sell devices with the BlackBerry logo but built solely by somebody else (Foxconn) etc. This is the way forward for them.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-03-14 09:13 AM
    The Z10 is the most used BB10 device. The people want a successor to the Z10. The Z30 is not it.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree with you more. I am not ready to tote around a phone that large. Women don't mind sometimes as they have purses. Pockets are only so big. Bring on a phone slightly bigger then the 10 but not as big as the 30. So yes, keep it under 5

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DJM626; 04-06-14 at 01:29 AM.
    jaydee5799 and Bdot-1 like this.
    04-04-14 11:16 AM
    I have the Z30 and it's the best device I've ever owned. I really hope a Z50 comes out!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-05-14 03:37 PM
    those people that says that blackberry is only one to implement security into their phone.....be careful not totally true....Samsung which run android are building or built Knox security software.
    and probably be in competition with blackberry...I am sure that windows phone got some security as well...
    as of now, Knox app on android phone work pretty good to me.....it is like having a phone into a phone...very similar to blackberry work. the Knox software has been developed by Samsung with the help of NSA..
    Knox hasn't been proven to be secure... it's garbage for now.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-14 03:42 PM
    I agree... Knoxville has had big problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:49 PM
    You look adorable

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:18 AM
    Jaydee. As a huge supporter of BlackBerry and a shareholder we will know in the next two quarters where this is going. If by then John Chen has not been able to come through on his plans to make BlackBerry profitable or breakeven then it will be game over.

I for one believe Mr. Chen will succeed and BlackBerry will live on but it's focus will be elsewhere and not in hardware so to speak. Yes they will sell devices with the BlackBerry logo but built solely by somebody else (Foxconn) etc. This is the way forward for them.

I have to agree with you bigbadben 100%, although I really don't want to admit it, but I think you are bang on!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    jaydee5799 and bigbadben10 like this.
    04-07-14 11:21 AM
    I'm not understanding the logic on some of these posts.

"If no new flagship is out by the end if the year i'm leaving blackberry."

Is the Z30 not going to work as well as it is now by the end of the year?

Why not just switch now?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:25 AM

Why not just switch now?

Posted via CB10
    I know you aren't speaking to me....but I don't think anyone said "if it's not out by the end of the year". I can only speak for myself. Do not want to switch to a Z30 when it's technology that is old...been out since what? September of 2013? I'm personally waiting for something even better. That's why I won't switch now.

At least that's my plan.
    04-07-14 12:00 PM

Why not just switch now?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is the average consumer does not think about it in this way. And neither should we. How can we sit here and justify that the Z30 is good enough ( which it is but that's beside the point) when Samsung and htc have announced new devices, and apple is certainly not far behind?

For some the Z30 is fine because they will use it until it dies. I however am part of the group of people who like to have the most up to date technology, at least for my phone. I love my Z30 and personally nothing in the market right now would deter me from BlackBerry but if another Z series device does not get released until 18+ months what are the customers like me to do?

From a carrier point of view we have 2 year contracts now ( at least in Canada) So when my contract expires and there is still nothing to replace my Z30 with why should I have to wait for an upgrade when I'm entitled to one then and there? We all pay way too much for our phone plans ( which is why I refuse to turn off LTE) which profits carriers so why do I have to pay so much money when I don't even have the phone I want?

I for one do not want to leave Blackberry and in no way is this an anti-blackberry post, but for them to create an all touch market with their Z series only to put it on the back burner until further notice is ridiculous. You would be hard pressed to argue that sales are the main reason because ALL of the bb10 series devices have been out sold by legacy os devices, not just Z series.

It actually pains me because bb10 is perfect for me, but it seems as if I've been shunned in favor of a keyboard customer base that is more of a niche market at this point. However if this is what BlackBerry has to do in order to survive (which I doubt) then so be it. Again this is not a negative post towards keyboard fans, just merely my opinion, clearly blackberry owes much of their success to their keyboard design so it would be senseless to pretend it's not a huge part of their business.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    04-07-14 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry did a wonderful job with the Z30 so they might think the full touch segment in the high end/flagship is covered for some time.
    The other full touch phone, the Z3 is for emerging markets, to fight against low priced Android and Nokia.
    I think the focus on physical keyboards with two important devices is to gain back legacy devices owners that are still on BlackBerry's platform but are likely to jump ship if they don't get a familiar keyboard (the Q20 classic with the tool-belt) while the Q30 with a larger screen should try to gain some new customers from Android users mainly. (Android compatibility is a great asset)
    I think it's the best move Chen could achieve in the current financial situation: lots of segments covered and a 360 degrees look from old time users to new customers.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:29 PM
    Would BB really be so dumb not to release a Z50 type of phone this year? Well... they still aren't pushing the Z30 yet.. sooo.. ya...

BB.. release a Z50.. i'll buy one.

Smartphone Madness 2014: BlackBerry Z30 vs. YotaPhone
    04-07-14 05:53 PM
    The biggest issue with the Z30 being the flagship all year is that is not fully compatible with ATT LTE which is an issue for many people. BlackBerry needs a flagship that is competitive and available for all networks. The Z30 is not. I am 1 yr into my 2 yr .contract and waiting for the Z50 later this year (hopefully). The QWERTY is important, but the all touch market is also very important.
    04-07-14 05:53 PM
    Z50 needs to have at least 16-20 hrs battery life... not sure if it is doable with 1080p screen.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-07-14 06:01 PM
403 ... 56789 ...