10-14-14 07:09 PM
403 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Z30 was Thorstens, this is Chen, let's see what he does

From my Q10
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:25 AM
    Ok- I read through the vast majority of this thread. I have my eye on the Z30 and was wondering if I should wait for the rumored "Z50" and wanted an opinion on whether I should wait.

Based on this thread the "Z50" is speculation and rumors and if there will be a new flagship touch screen device it probably won't come out 'till next year summer or whatever.

SO- I will get the Z30. Anyone strongly disagree?

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-20-14 09:44 PM
    Ok- I read through the vast majority of this thread. I have my eye on the Z30 and was wondering if I should wait for the rumored "Z50" and wanted an opinion on whether I should wait.

Based on this thread the "Z50" is speculation and rumors and if there will be a new flagship touch screen device it probably won't come out 'till next year summer or whatever.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    John Chen said at MWC that they're readying a new flagship and hope to launch by the end of the year. First that tells me that the new flagship will launch either late Q4 this year or early Q1 next year. Second BlackBerry 10's first flagship was the Z10 and then the Z30 was the second one, this tells me that the third flagship will also be a all touch smartphone. Lastly John Chen also said this new device would be geared towards the consumer market. That means it's almost for certain going to be a Z model, whether or not it is named the Z50 and has these specs no one outside of BlackBerry knows for sure.

Posted via CB10
    james pisano likes this.
    03-20-14 11:11 PM
    John Chen said at MWC that they're readying a new flagship and hope to launch by the end of the year. First that tells me that the new flagship will launch either late Q4 this year or early Q1 next year. Second BlackBerry 10's first flagship was the Z10 and then the Z30 was the second one, this tells me that the third flagship will also be a all touch smartphone. Lastly John Chen also said this new device would be geared towards the consumer market. That means it's almost for certain going to be a Z model, whether or not it is named the Z50 and has these specs no one outside of BlackBerry knows for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Dam. You're not making this easier!

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-21-14 08:09 AM

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    The Z30 is a good phone. Nothing has been officially announced other than the Z3, and the Q20. One is entry level full-touch, and region restricted. The other is a qwerty for sometime later this year. No official mention of a new all-touch. If it was me, i'd just get the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    james pisano likes this.
    03-21-14 11:31 PM
    The Z30 is a good phone. Nothing has been officially announced other than the Z3, and the Q20. One is entry level full-touch, and region restricted. The other is a qwerty for sometime later this year. No official mention of a new all-touch. If it was me, i'd just get the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-21-14 11:36 PM
    I wanted to wait too, but I just couldn't deal with sprint anymore. I went to Verizon and got the Z30. It's pretty nice. You can't go wrong with it!

Posted with new Z30!
    03-22-14 01:33 AM
    There's no point in bringing a Z50 if they can't market the Z30. There's nothing wrong with the Z30. It is considered by many non-BlackBerry users to be one of the best devices on the market. Problem is, and has always been, marketing. They've been pushing the Z30 in some ads lately but all they advertise is the 25 hours of battery life. The Z30 is soo much more. It has the best sound in the market and that is never marketed. The time shift camera is definately a wow feature....never marketed. If they bring out a Z50 with this same attitude towards marketing, what's the point?
    You think Chen will have the same attitude towards marketing ? No way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 01:42 AM
    You think Chen will have the same attitude towards marketing ? No way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    The question is how much of a push is BlackBerry as a enterprise focused company going to make into the consumer space?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:45 AM
    The question is how much of a push is BlackBerry as a enterprise focused company going to make into the consumer space?

Posted via CB10
    Z3 is definitely a push in markets in Asia and south Africa. We have no idea what will happen. The more successful they are with the Z3 and Q20 the more they can do.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    And also- is that even a viable long term strategy... the consumer had become king it seems. Even "military" consumers are driving decisions in DoD, like the recent Air Force decision. They're actually trying to shoe-horn IOS into a security conscious organization. That's a consumer driven decision.

I don't know if you can ignore the consumer in product development or marketing.

I have only ever seen 1 commercial on BB, the one on the super bowl 2 years ago. There are 10 - 15 features unique to BB over IOS and others unique to BB over Android and we aught to be touting them in hip, fun 30 second commercials during shows like Big Bang Theory or whatever popular shows 16 - 40 year olds are watching.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-22-14 10:04 AM
    And also- is that even a viable long term strategy... the consumer had become king it seems. Even "military" consumers are driving decisions in DoD, like the recent Air Force decision. They're actually trying to shoe-horn IOS into a security conscious organization. That's a consumer driven decision.

I don't know if you can ignore the consumer in product development or marketing.

I have only ever seen 1 commercial on BB, the one on the super bowl 2 years ago. There are 10 - 15 features unique to BB over IOS and others unique to BB over Android and we aught to be touting them in hip, fun 30 second commercials during shows like Big Bang Theory or whatever popular shows 16 - 40 year olds are watching.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    Yes that is true that they're trying to get ios and Android into more secure areas simply because the people want those devices. And that's all well and good until someone screws up. As soon as someone downloads some malware or spyware by doing something stupid (and given that there government employees it's more likely than not it will happen eventually) this will all blow up and then there will be a big security push back to BlackBerry. Especially if someone dies because ios and/or Android weren't secure enough for the job.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 03:07 PM
    Yes that is true that they're trying to get ios and Android into more secure areas simply because the people want those devices. And that's all well and good until someone screws up. As soon as someone downloads some malware or spyware by doing something stupid (and given that there government employees it's more likely than not it will happen eventually) this will all blow up and then there will be a big security push back to BlackBerry. Especially if someone dies because ios and/or Android weren't secure enough for the job.

Posted via CB10
    I believe you. It's bound to happen. You saw the news about the official White House statement about Obama's phone choice? Was so glad to see that. The other story was a rumor.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-23-14 09:29 PM
    Especially if someone dies because ios and/or Android weren't secure enough for the job.
    OK let's keep things realistic. BlackBerry is a significantly more secure platform than iOS or Android, but nobody is putting information that is life sensitive into their mobile phone anyway.

I get that we all support BlackBerry and promote its advantages over the competition but when we make comments about people dying because of iOS or Android it just makes us look like foolish BlackBerry fanaticals.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    03-23-14 11:49 PM

They need a solid base from which to grow though, they cannot simply go from where they are now to competing with ios/android, they need to find a nice that is profitable enough for them to survive and from there they can gradually expand as people come to realise that bb10 is not the bbos they used to use on that old phone that work gave them. However, you only have to look at the way windows phone is barely making a dent while microsoft throws money at it to see that it to see that BB simply cannot continue to do the same thing without going bust.

They are not going to be ignoring the consumer market entirely, but like in the past when they first grew out of their business niche it is mostly going to be from word of mouth or personal experience of the hardware and os rather than through large marketing spending.
    03-24-14 05:57 AM
    They need a solid base from which to grow though, they cannot simply go from where they are now to competing with ios/android, they need to find a nice that is profitable enough for them to survive and from there they can gradually expand as people come to realise that bb10 is not the bbos they used to use on that old phone that work gave them. However, you only have to look at the way windows phone is barely making a dent while microsoft throws money at it to see that it to see that BB simply cannot continue to do the same thing without going bust.

They are not going to be ignoring the consumer market entirely, but like in the past when they first grew out of their business niche it is mostly going to be from word of mouth or personal experience of the hardware and os rather than through large marketing spending.
    I agree that they have to maintain their niche in offering secure, enterprise-business solutions, but I think they need to market some of the strengths they have over some other platforms... BB just isn't relevant in the eyes of the average consumer. Certainly, the more clever they are, the more likely they can achieve more mind share, and do so with less investment, but they really need to learn to market their products.

So many people don't even know BB is still in business! Anecdotally anyway- I have run into several people who are surprised I have a new phone with a new OS.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-24-14 07:18 PM
    You may say the z30 is perfect and there is no reason for another device like it , but that's where you are wrong. As technology improves day by day there will always be room for improvement, what kind of company does not capitalize on new technology as time goes by.
    TheQuietRioter and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-25-14 01:19 AM
    those people that says that blackberry is only one to implement security into their phone.....be careful not totally true....Samsung which run android are building or built Knox security software.
    and probably be in competition with blackberry...I am sure that windows phone got some security as well...
    as of now, Knox app on android phone work pretty good to me.....it is like having a phone into a phone...very similar to blackberry work. the Knox software has been developed by Samsung with the help of NSA..
    03-29-14 12:19 AM
    There defo is a ''new'' Z model phone.Foxxcon(this name is so bad) would of told chen clearly whats popular and thats all touch phone

Cant ignore the stats 90% of BB10 sales where Zmodel all touch.Alot of us will have our contracts up by the time this drops in Q1 next year.An upgrade to the Z line is a must.

In saying that If the q30 is 5 inch that will be a superior phone.Simpy becasue you dont have a virtual qwerty halfway up your screen in 99% of your interractions.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 03-29-14 at 04:04 PM.
    03-29-14 11:01 AM
    The Z10 is the most used BB10 device. The people want a successor to the Z10. The Z30 is not it.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:24 AM
    The Z10 is the most used BB10 device. The people want a successor to the Z10. The Z30 is not it.

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 is only a year old, huh? I don't know if the Z30 is a "successor," but it is undoubtedly a proper flagship device. The hardware is great. Huge screen. Only thing I might want is a pen.

I'm typing this on my Q10 and have my Z10 resting on the table. I still want a Z30 cause I want the screen real estate to use with an OS I already love. The speakers on the 30 are banging and the battery life is compelling too.

I guess you have a point that someone who bought a Z10 might be waiting for a new phone with a similar form factor, but I think they'd be impatient if they were too concerned about it at this point. The user experience on the Z10 has changed a lot a few times already as the OS has been updated.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-29-14 11:46 AM
    From what Chen has said it looks to me like they are not going to bother with all touch devices, just ones with keyboards.
    03-30-14 08:20 AM
    There defo is a ''new'' Z model phone.Foxxcon(this name is so bad) would of told chen clearly whats popular and thats all touch phone

Cant ignore the stats 90% of BB10 sales where Zmodel all touch.Alot of us will have our contracts up by the time this drops in Q1 next year.An upgrade to the Z line is a must.

In saying that If the q30 is 5 inch that will be a superior phone.Simpy becasue you dont have a virtual qwerty halfway up your screen in 99% of your interractions.
    Where do you get those stats? As far as I know Q devices are the ones most requested from enterprises (go check on CB's articles about BlackBerry partnership). And moreover, Q10 launch was better than the Z10 one as far as "numbers" are concerned..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:10 AM
    He said they won't be exclusively qwerty's, but they will make them predominant

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:13 AM
    From what Chen has said it looks to me like they are not going to bother with all touch devices, just ones with keyboards.
    If that is so, many of us will be forced to move on

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    idon12no likes this.
    03-30-14 10:56 PM
403 ... 34567 ...