10-14-14 07:09 PM
403 12345 ...
tools
    BlackBerry CEO Chen: Keyboard `Extremely Important': Video - Bloomberg

Chen confirms that the "first one" (device) released under his leadership will be a touchscreen - however this is directly in response to a question about emerging markets.

Interviewer: You did mention emerging markets... as you roll out these new devices especially though Foxconn, are you looking at both touchscreen and keyboard devices?

Chen: I think there's enough leaks in the market to confirm the first one is a touchscreen. You will look to blackberry going forward to use keyboards - I wouldn't sue the word "exclusively". but predominantly.

Again - he was referring to emerging markets and foxconn. First one touch, but then predominantly QWERTY. In reference to emerging markets and Foxconn.

He did not mention flagship devices, nor devices produced though BlackBerry's direct hardware production facilities.
    You're right, I can't remember specifically where a high end qwerty device was mentioned. I'm sure I'll remember or someone will let us know...

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    02-04-14 10:22 PM
    You're right, I can't remember specifically where a high end qwerty device was mentioned. I'm sure I'll remember or someone will let us know...

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo-john-chen-at-ces

Third bullet point.

Not sure if this will be what you want but this is why people are saying it

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:17 AM
    Because it is almost certain the new Samsung phones will be supplied with it. The young consumers that don't know BlackBerry as good as it's users do will compare the new Samsung vs the new BlackBerry and will decide what to choose by the given specs. As a BlackBerry lover I love the speed of the new BlackBerry phones but the people that need to be turned to BlackBerry consumers need to see in numbers that BlackBerry is just as good as a Samsung.. at least that's my opinion but doesn't mean I'm right

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30
    I see your angle, but the processor used in Samsung's phone is their own Enyxos line. BlackBerry will probably get their's from Qualcomm or Texas Instruments or something of the like.

Snapdragon 805 is more likely since good battery life is a priority at BlackBerry.

Posted with my Q10!
    02-05-14 06:55 AM
    Apple hasn't made any announcement on the iphone 6, does that mean it's not coming? That's how stupid most of these comments are. There is a high chance it'll come out this year. My guess Q3.
    02-05-14 08:12 AM
    What about Windermere and Ontario???

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    What are those?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cancelled devices as far as I can remember.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-06-14 07:32 PM

No sir.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:23 PM

Those devices are not cancelled. The Windermere is supposedly the rumored Q30 due to launch sometime in Q2, and the Ontario is supposedly the Z50 due to launch sometime in Q3 (both this year 2014). The were just mentioned last quarter in documents filed with the SEC. I believe both CrackBerry and N4BB covered it. Both devices also seem to coincide with new OS updates too. The Q30 launching around the same time as OS 10.2.1+/10.2.1 MR/10.2.2 is due out, and the Z50 launching around the same time as OS 10.3 is due out.

Posted via AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    02-07-14 02:16 AM
    Apple hasn't made any announcement on the iphone 6, does that mean it's not coming? That's how stupid most of these comments are. There is a high chance it'll come out this year. My guess Q3.
    Yes with the iphone 5 selling sub-one million units, you have to wonder if they will bother with a 6 - it's completely a equivalent situation.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-07-14 03:46 AM
    Guys, don't fall for the stuff Chen is saying to the media. I think it was a smart move on his part, but the idea that BlackBerry are putting the consumer market in the back burner is rubbish. They are finally smart enough to know that they need to step back for a bit, but the Jakarta is coming out soon, and had nothing to do with enterprise. Obviously the play is the get more phones with BlackBerry 10 out in numbers and then launch another flagship touch. The Z30 is newish, and is finally getting more fair reviews. The Jakarta will hopefully be priced well enough to sell, and if it is a successful device, BlackBerry are back in the consumer biz.

For now, let's just live with the Z10 and Z30, both of which are great phones. The next flagship will be a physical keyboard, which makes perfect sense, and will get us to late next year for a flagship touchscreen to replace the Z30. I think it's likely it will be out for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 04:20 AM
    Those devices are not cancelled. The Windermere is supposedly the rumored Q30 due to launch sometime in Q2, and the Ontario is supposedly the Z50 due to launch sometime in Q3 (both this year 2014). The were just mentioned last quarter in documents filed with the SEC. I believe both CrackBerry and N4BB covered it. Both devices also seem to coincide with new OS updates too. The Q30 launching around the same time as OS 10.2.1+/10.2.1 MR/10.2.2 is due out, and the Z50 launching around the same time as OS 10.3 is due out.

I hope this is still the case.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 09:49 AM
    I hope this is still the case.

Posted via CB10
    There has been nothing leaked or said to say otherwise, so it's all we have to go on for the time being. I guess we will learn more as we inch closer to that time frame.

02-07-14 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10

Ontario (the rumored Z50) might not be as dead as you think:

http://t.crackberry.com/blackberry-o...chmark-testing

I'm hopeful that this means they will still be coming out will a high end touchscreen this year.

Posted from my Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T via the Android CrackBerry App.
    02-07-14 04:05 PM
    I just saw the post on the homepage. YES it has been tested. That got me excited!!

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    02-07-14 05:01 PM
    John Chen has said there will be another high end qwerty device later this year. Nothing about a touchscreen or Z device being released as of this moment

Posted via CB10
    Full touch high end to come between Q4 2014 to Q2 2015. BlackBerry did state Full Touch High End devices for the most part will be designed and released. Though qwerty devices will be more often released. I would estimate a 1 Full Touch (high End) per every 12 to 18 months.
    02-08-14 11:48 AM
    BlackBerry did state Full Touch High End devices for the most part will be designed and released.
    Where did you get that from? I have seen that reported anywhere.

Full touch high end to come between Q4 2014 to Q2 2015... I would estimate a 1 Full Touch (high End) per every 12 to 18 months.
    Are you basing that on some reliable reporting or is that pure speculation on your part?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    02-08-14 12:16 PM
    N4BB confirms from sources that BlackBerry is working on more flagship devices with some pretty awesome high-end hardware specs due out by summer 2015.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-planning-...t-device-2015/

02-08-14 12:19 PM
    Must be very nice to be so well-connected.
    I hope they release the device (whatever it is) soon!

All I can say is that I visited BlackBerry last week and saw a new device. All I am going to say is Wow! They are certainly not sitting on their hands. Sorry but I an not going to be the one to leak it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 12:24 PM
    With the way carriers are supporting BlackBerry at present especially in regards to hardware (not in store,online in limited avenues, and limited exclusives z30 anyone...) even if this sees the light of day i see little hope of it making it to consumers.

For god sakes were still waiting for a simple software update on many devices...

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    02-10-14 02:54 PM
    With the way carriers are supporting BlackBerry at present especially in regards to hardware (not in store,online in limited avenues, and limited exclusives z30 anyone...) even if this sees the light of day i see little hope of it making it to consumers.

For god sakes were still waiting for a simple software update on many devices...

Posted via CB10
    What update are you waiting for? 10.2.1 is out and is pretty fantastic aside from a few glitches, such as my battery problem

I think that if a high end device with specs to match Android and iPhone is released then the carriers will get on board.

Better marketing by BlackBerry wouldn't hurt either.

02-10-14 08:41 PM
    All I wanna know is who started this "Z50" nonsense. That's not even a real device version as of yet, if ever lol. Do people just randomly assign numbers to rumored devices and roll with it or.....what?
    02-10-14 09:11 PM
    Honestly blaze I was thinking the same thing this "Z50" is the Ontario device they are talking but STO-100 series I believe but Z50 I really don't like that name lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:17 PM
    What update are you waiting for? 10.2.1 is out and is pretty fantastic aside from a few glitches, such as my battery problem

I think that if a high end device with specs to match Android and iPhone is released then the carriers will get on board.

Better marketing by BlackBerry wouldn't hurt either.

My problem is the wifi calling seems to crap out with a lot of these leaked versions of 10.2.1. I travel on average 60-70 miles a couple times a week for clinical rotations and with a newborn at home they need to be able to reach me whenever. And with crappy coverage in certain areas wifi calling is a godsend when any other means wont do.

Agreed on the specs argument and advertising though. Then again if you go over to wpc people are wondering when they'll see a new windows phone flagship. Lately to me it seems tmobile is leaning heavily android and ios.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 04:05 PM
    I heard this rumour about a high end phone as well, called the Z50... Source is OP

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-13-14 11:56 PM
403 12345 ...