10-14-14 07:09 PM
403 1234 ...
tools
    All I can say is that I visited BlackBerry last week and saw a new device. All I am going to say is Wow! They are certainly not sitting on their hands. Sorry but I an not going to be the one to leak it.

Posted via CB10
    higherdestiny and Sexy Sadie like this.
    02-03-14 10:00 PM
    You kind of made my point in your post. You said sales of the z10 and z50 have been abysmal, yes, but what does that make the q10 and q5 sales? They are much worse. Why would they only make new qwerty devices? You aren't making any sense.
    What I said was that they are going to focus on qwerty and enterprise. I'm only quoting Mr. Chen so take it up with him.
    02-03-14 10:03 PM
    I wonder what the specs of the device will be.

I don't think BlackBerry should play it safe.

Can you imagine a QWERTY with better specs than anything else?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    What, better specs than any other Qwerty? What other Qwerty's is the point.

The next Qwerty needs a 16:9 screen or BlackBerry are finished at making Qwerty phones. 1:1 aspect ratio in a wide screen world just doesn't cut it any more.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-03-14 10:14 PM
    What I said was that they are going to focus on qwerty and enterprise. I'm only quoting Mr. Chen so take it up with him.
    Does the word focus mean exclusive to you?
    ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 10:27 PM
    All I can say is that I visited BlackBerry last week and saw a new device. All I am going to say is Wow! They are certainly not sitting on their hands. Sorry but I an not going to be the one to leak it.

Posted via CB10
    That's all you are revealing? Haha. Touch or qwerty?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? I was just at BlackBerry and saw 2 new devices but they told me not to tell anyone there are 2 new ones, not 1. Sorry but I am not going to be the one to leak either of them.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    02-03-14 10:39 PM
    Does the word focus mean exclusive to you?
    Does it mean that they are making a high end touchscreen device this year?
    02-03-14 10:41 PM
    Seriously? I was just at BlackBerry and saw 2 new devices but they told me not to tell anyone there are 2 new ones, not 1. Sorry but I am not going to be the one to leak either of them.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    You saw them too? I was at Blackberry yesterday and saw 3 devices. The 3rd one was locked away in a vault. They gave me clearance for some unknown reason. They did a retinal scan and a colonoscopy to confirm my identity before revealing it to me. They are certainly not sitting on their hands. Sorry but I am not going to be the one to leak it.
    02-03-14 10:58 PM
    I don't think it is that hard to figure out. John Chen is simply announcing what is close to completion and nothing more. First, a low end touch screen to fill the obvious hole in their line up. Next, the Q30 as it is logically the update to the Q10. I would expect to see BlackBerry try to squeeze a 3.5 inch screen onto a qwerty device. That is at least 6 months of marketing. Then, the big update in fall. 10.3 with a new touchscreen. BlackBerry has a bit of wind in its sails and I'm looking forward to see where they go.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-03-14 11:23 PM
    02-04-14 12:23 AM
    As a matter of fact they are, and it will be releasing in the fall.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    jonp likes this.
    02-04-14 01:02 AM
    They never said that they weren't. People have just jumped to that conclusion

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:58 AM
    As a matter of fact they are, and it will be releasing in the fall.

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    I hope you are right.
    02-04-14 06:19 AM
    I still think that they would have a follow up to the Z50 by end of year the latest. Hope this can be the "cool" phone that John Chen has been talking about aside from the Q30.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:32 AM
    Just read the expected specs of a Z50 on the website shown above.. hopefully they will provide it with a octacore processor instead of quadcore.. but the fact is I'll buy it anyhow

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-04-14 08:39 AM
    Just read the expected specs of a Z50 on the website shown above.. hopefully they will provide it with a octacore processor instead of quadcore.. but the fact is I'll buy it anyhow

Why Octacore now?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:51 PM
    Because it is almost certain the new Samsung phones will be supplied with it. The young consumers that don't know BlackBerry as good as it's users do will compare the new Samsung vs the new BlackBerry and will decide what to choose by the given specs. As a BlackBerry lover I love the speed of the new BlackBerry phones but the people that need to be turned to BlackBerry consumers need to see in numbers that BlackBerry is just as good as a Samsung.. at least that's my opinion but doesn't mean I'm right

02-04-14 01:11 PM
    Why Octacore now?

Posted via CB10
    Better battery life

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    02-04-14 05:08 PM
    I looked at the site above, and I call BS.

It's clearly a Z30 in the pics, yet labelled Z50, and even 'concept'. Seems fishy to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:09 PM

It's clearly a Z30 in the pics, yet labelled Z50, and even 'concept'. Seems fishy to me.

Posted via CB10
    There is next to no information about the z50. Everything is rumoured

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:27 PM

BS? For shame on you!
    Look at their other scoop:
    Blackberry Q30 :Specifications and more | Gadget Flip

Wowzers!

jaydee5799 and Blacklatino like this.
    02-04-14 06:08 PM
    The site Blackberry Z50: Latest Updates - Gadget Flip | Gadget Flip is bogus, people.

that's clearly a Z30 in those photos and is definitely not BlackBerry's next device. Nor are the specs accurate.
    02-04-14 08:40 PM
    John Chen has said there will be another high end qwerty device later this year. Nothing about a touchscreen or Z device being released as of this moment

Posted via CB10
    OK - I've heard this being parroted a few times - but can someone please point me to a reference where Chen actually said this? ie: a high end QWERTY?

I see references to foxxconn, and a QWERTY, but where did he say a QWERTY high-end?
    02-04-14 09:34 PM
    OK - I've heard this being parroted a few times - but can someone please point me to a reference where Chen actually said this? ie: a high end QWERTY?

I see references to foxxconn, and a QWERTY, but where did he say a QWERTY high-end?
    In his interview with Bloombery about a month back if I'm correct.

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    02-04-14 09:39 PM
    In his interview with Bloombery about a month back if I'm correct.

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    BlackBerry CEO Chen: Keyboard `Extremely Important': Video - Bloomberg

Chen confirms that the "first one" (device) released under his leadership will be a touchscreen - however this is directly in response to a question about emerging markets.

Interviewer: You did mention emerging markets... as you roll out these new devices especially though Foxconn, are you looking at both touchscreen and keyboard devices?

Chen: I think there's enough leaks in the market to confirm the first one is a touchscreen. You will look to blackberry going forward to use keyboards - I wouldn't sue the word "exclusively". but predominantly.

Again - he was referring to emerging markets and foxconn. First one touch, but then predominantly QWERTY. In reference to emerging markets and Foxconn.

He did not mention flagship devices, nor devices produced though BlackBerry's direct hardware production facilities.
    02-04-14 10:10 PM
403 1234 ...