10-14-14 06:09 PM
403 ... 14151617
tools
    Z50 specs for April 2015

Screen 5.1" (768 x 1280)
    RAM: 3GB
    Storage: 32GB
    Processor: Snapdragon 800 (2.2ghz quad - Core)
    Camera: 13mp + 2mp front
    Battery: 3,050mAh

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2
    Last edited by Matty; 08-27-14 at 03:03 PM.
    Kadir Kaan ERKURAN likes this.
    08-27-14 11:19 AM
    Z50 specs for April 2015 (my prediction)

Screen 5.1" (768 x 1280)
    RAM: 3GB
    Storage: 32GB
    Processor: Snapdragon 800 (2.2ghz quad - Core)
    Camera: 13mp + 2mp front
    Battery: 3,050mAh

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2
    Outdated specs. And this screen's resolution...
    08-27-14 12:31 PM
    Outdated specs. And this screen's resolution...
    I assume they were chosen outdated on purpose.
    And I fear that could be near the truth moreover...
    08-27-14 12:42 PM
    April 2015 huh? Seems like an eternity. I have a phone that keeps randomly crashing (white screen of death) and it won't hold that long. Any ideas as to cheap solutions until the Z50 comes out? I don't want to get locked into a 2-yr contract with anyone until then.

I can't even back up my current BB as the DM won't recognize that it's connected. I've tried everything incl. updating the DM software. Nothing works. I don't know how to reinstall the OS and more so, not too keen on wiping out all old data. I'm off topic on the thread (sorry) - but wondered if anyone could give me some ideas as to solutions?

Thanks!
    It happened to some people I know. Don't you have any firewall installed on your computer? If so, just try deactivating it before plugging your device. It appears for example that the last version of AVG Firewall is blocking the recognition of BB10 devices... :/
    08-27-14 12:45 PM
    Step 1 would be to make sure that your BlackBerry 10 smartphone is visible as connected to your computer when attached via USB.
    Thanks guys, unfortunately my phone is OLD (BB 5.0 OS) It's a Curve 8900 - so none of these solutions will work on my phone. I've managed to back it up in the past but my last update was months ago - I've added many contacts and some apps since then - but I'm beginning to think it might be my only solution.

I know the "white screen" problem is software-related (vs. needing a new LCD screen) because the phone crashes whenever I'm trying to multitask. And it's random too. Once it was because I wanted to take a photo and the screen went white. Another time I was on a call and wanted to access GoogleMaps and it crashed, etc... it's never the same thing twice. Also, weirdest thing... the ONLY way I can get it back to functional is by plugging in the charger, removing the battery and replacing it. If I just remove the battery and replace it, it doesn't work. Even when I manage to get it back, sometimes I can't read txt msgs or emails, it'll give me an exception error and I have to reboot it a few times before I can get it to work. It's unstable to say the least. Anyway... sorry for hijacking the thread - I'm looking forward to the Z50 - hope it comes out sooner.
    08-27-14 02:00 PM
    I assume they were chosen outdated on purpose.
    And I fear that could be near the truth moreover...
    That's correct, BlackBerry have a history of not using the latest specs and rather going for "cheaper" specs. That run the OS very smoothly but don't cost the consumer a small fortune.

No point stating These specs below because we all knows its just a pipe dream

Screen: 5.1' (1530 x 2560)
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
    Storage: 64GB
    Processor: Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 (Cortex-A57 + Cortex-A53, Octa Core)
    GPU: Adreno 430 (575 MHz)
    Camera (Back): 13mp (F\1.4) (6 - Element)
    Font: 3mp
    Battery: 4,050mAh

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel)
    Last edited by Matty; 08-28-14 at 01:31 AM.
    08-27-14 03:00 PM
    That's correct, BlackBerry have a history of not using the latest specs and rather going for "cheaper" specs. That run the OS very smoothly but don't cost the consumer a small fortune.
    BlackBerry have always had their devices priced the same as other high end devices, but with lower specs. That part of the reason they don't sell.

The OS might be perfectly smooth with those outdated specs, but if they continue to charge the same price as the higher spec phone they are going to have a problem with sales.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Thrac Dark likes this.
    08-28-14 12:33 PM
    The OS might be perfectly smooth with those outdated specs, but if they continue to charge the same price as the higher spec phone they are going to have a problem with sales.

You see, I do party agree with you that you can't sell a phone with inferior specs to another device and price it the same or higher.

But, BlackBerry is also selling it's "brand Name" it's also selling "Build Quality" it's selling a "Secure business" OS and most importantly it's selling a "unique experience" that isn't offered on other OS operating systems.

I do agree that BlackBerry devices are a little over priced at launch but with time I'm sure they will price they devices more competitively

08-28-14 03:09 PM
    But, BlackBerry is also selling it's "brand Name" it's also selling "Build Quality" it's selling a "Secure business" OS and most importantly it's selling a "unique experience" that isn't offered on other OS operating systems.
    I agree with the fact you pay innovation and R&D also when you buy the phone.
    Now, actually, "Blackberry" as a brand is not that prestigious anymore and I really think they have to go, for some time at least, to a strategy of "we're cheaper than Apple and Samsung" so that hey get customers back. Only after, they would be able to value the brand again.
    Today, almost everyone believe Blackberry is about to die (especially the media) so being expensive, which was probably a smart move at some time to be associated with quality and luxury, is not the way to go by now (in my mind, again, that's my advice only).
    tinkerbella11 and JORENO like this.
    08-28-14 03:35 PM
    Now, actually, "Blackberry" as a brand is not that prestigious anymore and I really think they have to go, for some time at least, to a strategy of "we're cheaper than Apple and Samsung" so that hey get customers back. Only after, they would be able to value the brand again.
    Today, almost everyone believe Blackberry is about to die (especially the media) so being expensive, which was probably a smart move at some time to be associated with quality and luxury, is not the way to go by now (in my mind, again, that's my advice only).
    Well said
    08-29-14 02:36 AM
    In the mean time, how about the Z50 be the same size as the Passport with an all touch screen and a tool belt.

STA-100-3 v 10.2.1.3157; Radio 3182
    08-29-14 09:31 PM

No point stating These specs below because we all knows its just a pipe dream

Screen: 5.1' (1530 x 2560)
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
    Storage: 64GB
    Processor: Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 (Cortex-A57 + Cortex-A53, Octa Core)
    GPU: Adreno 430 (575 MHz)
    Camera (Back): 13mp (F\1.4) (6 - Element)
    Font: 3mp
    Battery: 4,050mAh

That's the ticket

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:05 PM
    That's the ticket

Posted via CB10
    The ticket to what? Bring 4th and dead last in the market.

08-31-14 07:41 PM
    You think the BlackBerry brand name is actually valued by the market enough to justify selling their devices with inferior specs at the same price as the competition?

Clearly not or they wouldn't be doing so badly.

Karben likes this.
    08-31-14 07:43 PM
    Totally agree. When you're on the verge of extinction, you need a smart strategy to win back customer loyalty. Bottom line ($$$) seems to be the most persuasive way especially if you're putting out a phone that rivals the mass darlings. Imho, it's better to sacrifice profit to regain popularity. Then once you gain a strong marketshare, you can play with the big boys again. But until the demand is there, you can't justify pricing your product high. BB needs to do everything in their power to win back trust in their product first - and get iPhone and Android users to switch. Lower prices will be the best incentive if the product at least rivals the popular brands. Part of me still thinks I'm crazy to wait for the Z50 (assuming it IS coming out) because of the lack of BB support with carriers, etc.. but I believe in the product and I'm willing to take my chances.

Hopefully once it comes out, the media will give it enough exposure to tempt the other smartphone users to switch or at least give it a try. BB needs to move their marketing to a whole new level until word of mouth can sell the product by itself.
    BaffTech likes this.
    09-02-14 04:58 PM
    BlackBerry have always had their devices priced the same as other high end devices, but with lower specs. That part of the reason they don't sell.

Well said!

Fully agree.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-03-14 09:20 PM
    I heard that too. 2015 April is not that long off. It's worth the wait.

Typed on my Q5
    09-04-14 08:46 AM
    Hallels.com is reporting (Sept. 4, 2014) that a Z50 is in production with 5.2" screen, 1080x1920 resolution, 13 MP camera, quad core processor with 64 bit chip and 8GB RAM, and 3300 mAh battery.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-05-14 07:37 AM
    What is this hallels, I've never heard of it..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:32 AM
    Hallels.com is reporting (Sept. 4, 2014) that a Z50 is in production with 5.2" screen, 1080x1920 resolution, 13 MP camera, quad core processor with 64 bit chip and 8GB RAM, and 3300 mAh battery.

Well, they're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Thrac Dark likes this.
    09-05-14 10:33 AM

I think that the 8GB of RAM was a tip off that we should be suspicious, LOL.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-05-14 12:34 PM
    I think that the 8GB of RAM was a tip off that we should be suspicious, LOL.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Yeah this true, if I were to say what the specs would be it would have;

Screen: 5'0 - 5'1 inches (1152 x 1920) OR (1080 x 1920) depending on what aspect ratio they work with.

Processor: 2.15 Ghz Quad - Core Snapdragon 800 (BlackBerry normally re-use their processors as much as possible, as we have seen in Q5 / Z10 / Q10 / Z3)

RAM: 2GB - 3GB
    (I say this because it will definatly have 2GB but unless BlackBerry feel that they "need" 3GB they might save money and stick with a 2GB module)

Battery: 2,880 - 3,050 mAh
    (I say this because if you look at BlackBerry's history, the Qwerty devices seem to be getting the larger batteries even though they are smaller. Q5 vs Z10)

Camera: 8mp - 13mp
    (I have a feeling BlackBerry won't be playing the "mega-pixel" game like android does. They focus on security and fluid OS. So absolute maximum of 13mp)

But then again there are those "V - series" devices around which would mean a 4'5 screen slider..

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-21-14 03:05 AM
    There is no BB10 all screen touch coming...
    09-24-14 01:02 PM
    There is no BB10 all screen touch coming...
    You can see the future?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:40 PM
    You can see the future?
    All signs point to No.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:03 PM
403 ... 14151617