10-14-14 06:09 PM
403 ... 1314151617
tools
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-showed-to...-london-event/

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3175
    donmateo likes this.
    06-12-14 05:20 AM
    Was going to post that as well...interested to see more developments of this.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    06-12-14 09:15 AM
    Carrier support is important. If Blackberry can't agree with major providers to offer their products, then, it will be an uphill battle. I live in the USA, and AT&T did not offer the Z30. Blackbery has in my opinion a superior product in terms of quality, security, and uniqueness, but, marketing is still what makes or breaks a company. They need to get agreements from AT&T, Verizon Sprint, etc., then, offer incentives to sales people and proper training. You could go into an AT&T store and ask for the Z10, and many sales people wouldn't eve know what it is, or, have very little information of it's features (they typically want to offer you and overrated iPhone, or an Android). Blackberry has to play the numbers game, for example, use the number for Amazon apps, Android apps, and BB apps, to market its devices (something like "we have over 500K apps available...."). I don't believe the number of apps should be that important, but to the majority of buyers (most of them not very technically savvy, and basically following the marketing hype) app numbers as well as hardware specs are important.
    07-08-14 11:53 AM
    The USA is simply blind about BBRY. All the marketing in the world won't help that perception at this point.
    What BBRY 1st needs to do is increase BB10 device market share from "Emerging Markets" and from the "Enterprise Business".

Once they've established some sort of World Wide Market share increase, people will notice.

Though I do agree, they should have some sort of effective marketing in North America. Because many people still see BBRY as a BOLD OS7. And not by BB10 and the Z30 for example.

Posted on my Q5
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:37 PM
    Correct! Everyone I know dislikes BlackBerry without the knowledge of BB10.. they talk about I hate BlackBerry Legacy devices. But never tried a BB10 device... the ones that did, where overwhelmed by its capabilities!
    But no advertising won't increase the knowledge of BB10. So that's why I dedicate my FB wall almost entirely to BlackBerry haha.. and there are two FB friend that now choose BlackBerry.. not much but you need to start somewhere

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3247
    07-10-14 04:49 PM
    I truly believe they need to RELAUNCH, the phones, with commercials, stating, "the all new blackberry 10, " show what it can do, make people aware..

Posted via CB10
    johnm137, CDM76 and Erik_1991 like this.
    07-11-14 06:50 AM
    I truly believe they need to RELAUNCH, the phones, with commercials, stating, "the all new blackberry 10, " show what it can do, make people aware..
    They simply don't have the budget to compete with Samsung or Apple head to head, the only real way for BB to recover in the states is gradually and grow out of corporate use like they did the first time round, there is not a quick fix for them and throwing money at the situation simply won't change that.
    07-12-14 01:09 PM
    True, but they had aa lot of hype when Z10 launched, but they launched to early

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:35 PM
    They simply don't have the budget to compete with Samsung or Apple head to head, the only real way for BB to recover in the states is gradually and grow out of corporate use like they did the first time round, there is not a quick fix for them and throwing money at the situation simply won't change that.
    The problem with this strategy now is that it is the consumer phones that are gaining share in the business world. BYOD has accelerated the trend.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-12-14 09:28 PM
    I'm another one who is eagerly awaiting news of a Z50 (or next full touch phone). My contract is due to expire in October - I don't want an Android or a iPhone and I know if I upgrade to the Z30, BB will probably announce a Z50 weeks later, meaning I'm stuck with an inferior model.

I think I will just stick with my Z10 when the contract expires and wait in hope for the Z50.
    07-15-14 09:06 AM
    I got a.z10 and just bought a z30 online for 300$ so this will be my upgrade till.my contact runs out.. still got a year and half to go so once a new BlackBerry comes out I will be able to upgrade

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    07-16-14 06:54 AM
    Z10 USA release date: March 22, 2013
    Date I order a new phone: March 22, 2015

Mr. Chen, consider this your shot across the bow.
    FeitaInc likes this.
    07-16-14 03:10 PM
    Z10 USA release date: March 22, 2013
    Date I order a new phone: March 22, 2015

Mr. Chen, consider this your shot across the bow.
    At this point I'd be surprised if there is a replacement for the Z10 by March 2015. It's very unfortunate. Clearly BlackBerry aren't getting the message that most people want touch devices.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-17-14 11:10 AM
    They've made references to new devices coming in the March-May 2015 fiscal quarter.

I really hope there's confirmation long before then of a higher-end all-touchscreen model(s), so at least interested parties will know if they'd like to wait for it.
    07-18-14 02:34 PM
    They've made references to new devices coming in the March-May 2015 fiscal quarter.

I really hope there's confirmation long before then of a higher-end all-touchscreen model(s), so at least interested parties will know if they'd like to wait for it.
    I hope so too, but I'm not could on it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-21-14 01:04 AM
    I would be happy if they just lowered the price on the z30. Is there any thing the z30 can't do that better specs would help with or are we just demanding more for the sake of demanding?
    08-13-14 11:31 AM
    I would be happy if they just lowered the price on the z30. Is there any thing the z30 can't do that better specs would help with or are we just demanding more for the sake of demanding?
    Man, the Z30 is on sale for about $350, and you're not going to get a good phone for much less than that. But could higher specs improve our experience?

For sure, there are advantages to having higher specs! We'd have better multitasking if we had more RAM and related memory internals. And if we had 805 chips like other flagships, then everything would work faster and smoother. If we had Full HD or, better yet, Quad HD our displays would be much more awesome. If we had 3100 milliAmp batteries we'd be able to go longer between charges. If we had smaller bezels, the device would be more comfortable in hand and in single-handed use. If we had Gorilla 3 glass and were waterproof, then our Blackberries would be tougher.

The list goes on and on. Just look at some YouTube videos of tech shows reviewing current flagship devices to get an idea of what's also possible for BlackBerry's next devices.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    08-13-14 12:42 PM
    Man, the Z30 is on sale for about $350, and you're not going to get a good phone for much less than that. But could higher specs improve our experience?

For sure, there are advantages to having higher specs! We'd have better multitasking if we had more RAM and related memory internals. And if we had 805 chips like other flagships, then everything would work faster and smoother. If we had Full HD or, better yet, Quad HD our displays would be much more awesome. If we had 3100 milliAmp batteries we'd be able to go longer between charges. If we had smaller bezels, the device would be more comfortable in hand and in single-handed use. If we had Gorilla 3 glass and were waterproof, then our Blackberries would be tougher.

The list goes on and on. Just look at some YouTube videos of tech shows reviewing current flagship devices to get an idea of what's also possible for BlackBerry's next devices.

Unfortunately, I live in the only place BB excluded in their sale. If I could get a z30 for $350, I would own one now. There are always some advantage to better specs but how many people actually max out the capabilities of their device now? My z10 is pretty damned smooth & I don't think another 10gigs of ram or a 90 core processor would make my browser any faster than it is. A hd display is nice but after a certain point you start getting diminishing returns at a screen size of 5". Are the fancier apps really that demanding?
    08-14-14 12:18 PM
    Unfortunately, I live in the only place BB excluded in their sale. If I could get a z30 for $350, I would own one now. There are always some advantage to better specs but how many people actually max out the capabilities of their device now? My z10 is pretty damned smooth & I don't think another 10gigs of ram or a 90 core processor would make my browser any faster than it is. A hd display is nice but after a certain point you start getting diminishing returns at a screen size of 5". Are the fancier apps really that demanding?
    I've got a Z10, too, and it's pretty smooth. But ya gotta think about the future. As more and more of the BlackBerry ecosystem will be Android, BlackBerry has to start putting the same type of hardware muscle into BB10 devices that Android puts into its devices or the BlackBerry user experience will degrade. Multitasking, or even running, the heavier apps at full speed will require more chip, memory, and battery resources. There's no getting around it. Heck, my Z10 stutters in operations more than my Z30 does, and the Z30 slows down while multitasking when under a load, too. And as we want natural language capabilities with Voice Assistant and other high end features, we'll need the big specs they require.

Apart from the cost, there's no extra burden to having a high-spec device. Speaking of costs, I bought my Z30 from the Crackberry marketplace in perfect condition for $350 not too long ago. I'm sure you could do the same. There are many ways to skin that cat and the Z30 is worth the jump. The mods will help if you need it, just follow the guidelines and place your Want to Buy post.

08-14-14 02:46 PM
    I heard there's a Z20 in the pipe for late 2014

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:15 PM
    I too am waiting for the rumoured Z50. I've had a BB Curve 8900 (a dinosaur) for the past 5 years now and it's finally dying on me, I need a new phone SOOON!! I'm ready for a touch screen phone. I was thinking of getting the Z30 but I want better resolution, more powerful processor for multitasking and better camera. Since I keep my phone for a looooong time, I'd rather wait and get what I really want vs be stuck with a lesser phone on contract.

Any news on whether a Z50 will actually be released in 2014?
    TommyRXE likes this.
    08-26-14 07:34 PM
    I've got the Z30 and while it is a great phone o find it is lacking. Needs more speed, ram (have many apps force close) and internal storage.

By no means do we need ocotcore processors but the quad should hit the spot. Just my $.02

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 09:24 PM
    I heard z50 will be out there by april 2015.....

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 09:46 PM
    April 2015 huh? Seems like an eternity. I have a phone that keeps randomly crashing (white screen of death) and it won't hold that long. Any ideas as to cheap solutions until the Z50 comes out? I don't want to get locked into a 2-yr contract with anyone until then.

I can't even back up my current BB as the DM won't recognize that it's connected. I've tried everything incl. updating the DM software. Nothing works. I don't know how to reinstall the OS and more so, not too keen on wiping out all old data. I'm off topic on the thread (sorry) - but wondered if anyone could give me some ideas as to solutions?

Thanks!
    08-26-14 10:57 PM
    April 2015 huh? Seems like an eternity. I have a phone that keeps randomly crashing (white screen of death) and it won't hold that long. Any ideas as to cheap solutions until the Z50 comes out? I don't want to get locked into a 2-yr contract with anyone until then.

I can't even back up my current BB as the DM won't recognize that it's connected. I've tried everything incl. updating the DM software. Nothing works. I don't know how to reinstall the OS and more so, not too keen on wiping out all old data. I'm off topic on the thread (sorry) - but wondered if anyone could give me some ideas as to solutions?

Thanks!
    Step 1 would be to make sure that your BlackBerry 10 smartphone is visible as connected to your computer when attached via USB. Try going to your phone's main Settings, then Storage and Access, then look at USB connection and try adjusting it from "autodetect" to "connect to Windows" or "connect to Mac" as appropriate to your computer.

Once you get that connection set up, you can back up or use Sachesi to do a non - destructive OS upgrade, which wouldn't wipe your data. Run a search for the OS you want to load and follow the detailed thread on that OS. It should have the resources you need.

I hope this helps.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.1052/T-Mobile USA
    08-27-14 12:13 AM
403 ... 1314151617