10-14-14 07:09 PM
403 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I would agree that all native apps work like a charm. HOWEVER, some of us do want or have to use Android apps. While most of them do work some of them are choppy and that's where the high end specs have to kick in.

In an ideal world BlackBerry would have an ecosystem on par with Apple or Android. We all know that this is not very likely to happen. Therefore a high end BlackBerry should also be capable to run APKs the same way like high end Android devices. I am not a die hard BlackBerry fan, I changed platforms before and am likely to do so again. BlackBerry has to deliver in this respect.

My 1.4420 EuroCents...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sequester#WN; 04-30-14 at 04:04 PM.
    04-30-14 03:46 PM
    Zowy! Gadzooks! I believe I see a Z50 on the horizon!

Posted using my Z30
    04-30-14 04:02 PM
    The only reason why BB10 devices need to be higher Spec'd is only do to the Customer/Consumer perception, because it's android Manufacturers that have gotten themselves in a Spec Race, and relying on that style of Innovation. Unfortunately Android continues to lack greatly. Though Kitkat is an improvement, not all devices carry it.

BB10 does not require high end specs, the Z30 proves this, but nevertheless, BBRY has no choice but to compete on Spec's from now on. Just until it restores it's image quality.

Hence the rumoured Z50 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:13 PM
    Yeah I'm talking the Shop BlackBerry store price. It is currently $499. Should probably be $399 max, and likely $350.

Posted via CB10
    Damn I got mine for $530usd straight from oem from some unidentified blackberry employee. I am making payments on it via bill me later from eBay. It is the only reason why I took the plunge and purchased the most expensive phone I've ever had. My z10 was $350usd a year ago also from eBay.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-02-14 10:07 AM
    Could they not have their cake and eat it? Quad or octo core processors that are setup to run efficiently (perhaps only running 2 cores most of the time) that draw the eye of the consumer while not being power hungry.

Advertise BlackBerry as an Android alternative for users that still want access to the Android eco system.

Finally, sort out their product line by making it more uniform and subsidising the phones from the get go.

Z10 addict, waiting for the next flagship Z...
    05-02-14 10:32 AM
    I could not wait more for Z50 and got my self Z30, I just could not tolerate the Android lag anymore of my Galaxy S3.
    BB10 OS is just amazing and is getting better and better after every update thanks to the BB community and the BB10 team at BlackBerry.
    I think Blackberry should come out with a device with better specs than any phone available in the market today because many people they just don't understand anything except High specs.
    I would really love to see BBZ50 in terms of hardware with Full HD resolution, 16 or above mp Camera, 3 gigs of RAM, Octa core processor, water resistant, IR sensor to use mobile as TV remote, Same or better build quality and design as Z30, card slot expansion.
    And by the time we reach BB10.5 we must get google service integration and more Build for BlackBerry 10 Apps.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-04-14 02:08 AM
    How many of you want to bump up this thread?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    05-19-14 11:08 AM
    How many of you want to bump up this thread?

Yes please. Though I'm looking forward to the windermere device more since BlackBerry sort of confirmed the specs for it already.

Posted via CB10
    apizkamal likes this.
    05-19-14 01:02 PM
    Yes please. Though I'm looking forward to the windermere device more since BlackBerry sort of confirmed the specs for it already.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah windermere looks promising! If a keyboard device can pack specs like that, I can't wait to find out the specs packed into Z50. The battery would be at least 30% bigger with miracast, USB OTG, wireless charging, better camera, etc., all those goodies because it will have the room.

I am looking forward to Z50 because it matches my upgrade cycle and I prefer full touch over keyboard.

05-19-14 05:12 PM
    Yeah windermere looks promising! If a keyboard device can pack specs like that, I can't wait to find out the specs packed into Z50. The battery would be at least 30% bigger with miracast, USB OTG, wireless charging, better camera, etc., all those goodies because it will have the room.

I am looking forward to Z50 because it matches my upgrade cycle and I prefer full touch over keyboard.

Same here. Already used to the vkb of Bb10 and it's amazing. I just wish we had a proper upgrade path right after the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 08:03 PM

I prefer the touch screen now too. I'm disappointed that the next touch device, whether it will be called the Z50 or not, won't be coming this year.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-19-14 10:16 PM
    I prefer the touch screen now too. I'm disappointed that the next touch device, whether it will be called the Z50 or not, won't be coming this year.
    While it is a little disappointing, there is a certain logic to their approach, they seem to be effectively shifting things to one high-end model every 6 months rather than having two of them come out within the same quarter and have simply gone for the more distinctive design of the qwerty one first.

It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually try to shift the lower end models so that they either fit into the other two quarters or they end up with a release schedule of high end all-touch and low end qwerty fairly close together and then have that reversed when the high end qwerty comes out.
    05-20-14 02:30 AM

Where did you hear that?
    05-20-14 06:33 AM
    Where did you hear that?
    That's what all of the comments from
    Chen suggest along with all of the threads here of CB.

05-20-14 12:33 PM
    That's what all of the comments from
    Chen suggest along with all of the threads here of CB.

Far from it. That special device meant to attract new customers is suppose to be released in Sept 2014. John Chen Confirms this 100%, he just can't guarantee it just yet.

In another interview with Mr. Chen, he said he would like it to be released in the Sept 2014 time frame, but again, no guarantees.

IMO, this so called "Special Device" most likely the Z50 needs to come out in 2014, so people can finally put the "Hardware Spec" thingy to rest. The Z30 is amazing, best Smartphone to date. The problem, many Android users looking for an upgrade pass it up due to Spec's and not realizing how powerful and efficient BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 06:32 AM
    Where have you heard this?
    The only devices I have heard mentioned have been the "Classic' and the Windermere.

Far from it. That special device meant to attract new customers is suppose to be released in Sept 2014. John Chen Confirms this 100%, he just can't guarantee it just yet.

In another interview with Mr. Chen, he said he would like it to be released in the Sept 2014 time frame, but again, no guarantees.

IMO, this so called "Special Device" most likely the Z50 needs to come out in 2014, so people can finally put the "Hardware Spec" thingy to rest. The Z30 is amazing, best Smartphone to date. The problem, many Android users looking for an upgrade pass it up due to Spec's and not realizing how powerful and efficient BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 11:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where have you heard that this "special device" is the Z50 (or whatever this next flagship touch will be called)?

You're taking something vague that Chen said and then making huge assumptions.

05-22-14 01:00 PM
    I did some Google searches, and it does appear that there's another device, and octa-core device,
    that is supposed to be released in September. I believe I saw somewhere that they said essentially
    that they hope to release it then, but don't guarantee it.

I guess it makes sense that it might be a Z phone since the Classic and Windermere have been
    mentioned in different contexts, without stating that they would be octa-core phones.

Would be great if it turned out to be a slider phone!
    RyanGermann likes this.
    05-22-14 01:09 PM
    I did some Google searches, and it does appear that there's another device, and octa-core device,
    that is supposed to be released in September. I believe I saw somewhere that they said essentially
    that they hope to release it then, but don't guarantee it.

I guess it makes sense that it might be a Z phone since the Classic and Windermere have been
    mentioned in different contexts, without stating that they would be octa-core phones.

Would be great if it turned out to be a slider phone!
    It might be a Z, but that's pure speculation. The octacore itself is also only a rumor.

Personally I'd be happy if it does turn out to be a new flagship touch but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by crazigee; 05-22-14 at 04:04 PM.
    05-22-14 02:33 PM
    It's highly unlikely that we'll see the next all touch this year. I think it'll be out by around March next year at the earliest.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 04:31 PM
    It's highly unlikely that we'll see the next all touch this year. I think it'll be out by around March next year at the earliest.

Posted via CB10
    That's what all the evidence I've seen is pointing to.

05-22-14 04:41 PM
    Does anyone know for sure the screen size of the next full touch device?

Is it a Z10 size or a Z30 size?
    05-29-14 10:31 AM
    Does anyone know for sure the screen size of the next full touch device?

Is it a Z10 size or a Z30 size?
    Nobody really "knows" but if you wanted to go off leaks, you're looking for at least a 5" to 5.2" screen with at least 1080p

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:55 AM
    Nobody really "knows" but if you wanted to go off leaks, you're looking for at least a 5" to 5.2" screen with at least 1080p

Posted via CB10
    That's certainly what all the rumors I've read are suggesting. 5" to 5.2".

The 1080p is up in the air though. I've read that it will be full HD, but I've also read that it won't be. I personally hope that it will at least 1080p.

05-29-14 11:34 AM
    That's certainly what all the rumors I've read are suggesting. 5" to 5.2".

The 1080p is up in the air though. I've read that it will be full HD, but I've also read that it won't be. I personally hope that it will at least 1080p.

So I guess another device with the Z10 screen size is not in the works.

Haven't tried the Z30 yet, but it looks too big for what I use the phone for.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:40 AM
403 ... 1112131415 ...