10-14-14 06:09 PM
403 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I will be waiting as well for the monster Z50! My contract should be up by then anyways. I think we will see the Z50 sometime Q2 of 2015.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:46 AM
    There's at LEAST 15 things I can think of...

1) Miracast This is a nifty feature that can broadcast your phone screen and audio wirelessly peer to peer to another Miracast enabled device such as a TV or Miracast Dongle. Apple has Apple TV, which is similar, but in its usual fashion only works with other Apple devices. Miracast is much like having wireless HDMI.

2) WiDi Similar to Miracast, WiFi Direct can mirror your screen and audio to another WiDi capable device. This Intel directive uses a soft AP (Access Point) in the sending device, usually a laptop or other portable device.
    3) Near Field Communications allows the transfer of files between devices, electronic payments at point of sale, and easy manipulation of device features with the use of tags.
    4) USBOTG USB On the Go allows the connection of numerous 3rd party peripherals to your BlackBerry 10 phone. The list includes hard drives, memory sticks, keyboards, mice, and many more. This, plus a connection to a large flat screen gives you almost work station like performance. Amazing!
    5) SD card The SD card slot allows up to 2 TBs of extra file storage. At the time of this writing, users have successfully installed 128gb SD cards. I have a 64gb card in my Z30, which in addition to the built-in 16gb, gives me a whopping 80gb phone!
    6) DLNA Digital Living Network Alliance is a standard in wide use for streaming multimedia files over a WiFi network. Unlike Miracast, DLNA requires a wireless LAN in order to function as opposed to the peer to peer nature of Miracast. The advantage of DLNA is that once you start streaming a movie or song, you are free to use the phone for other things such as BBM or email. Were you to do this with Miracast, the TV would be showing you messaging someone.
    7) Stereo speakers Not needing much of an explanation the iPhone is mono only. The Z30 stereo speakers are second to none. Beautiful sound.
    8) 4 mics This allows for natural sound in HD phone calls, BBM voice and video calls, and stereo video recordings.
    9) Flash Flash makes for a much more rich and enjoyable web browsing experience. There are thousands of sites that use flash content and this is one reason why BB10 users dont need an app for that.
    10) 5″ screen Poor iPhone stuck with a tiny 4 screen. Both the Z10 at 4.2 and the Z30 at 5 are larger making for a much better experience.
    11) HDMI out Ive used the native HDMI out countless times in the boardroom and at home to show presentations and watch movies. People are amazed seeing the 1080p quality coming from such a small device.

12) Wireless charging Available to some Z30 models, wireless Qi is a convenient and un-tethered way of charging your phone. Available from Verizon.
    13) A file system So many BB10 users take this for granted. Being able to place music, documents, pictures, and video files in any existing or newly created folder. You cannot say that you have mobile computing without this basic feature. Plus, on BB10 you can manipulate and move those files wirelessly from a laptop or desktop.

14) RFA Remote File Access. Imagine being able to access any file on your laptop or desktop from anywhere in the world! Its like having your own little (or big) cloud storage. Any drive that your PC is mapped to including NAS, USB, servers, etc. All accessible in your hand. Many Terabytes await you!
    15) And you know what? Its the year 2014 and if I send an iPhone user an email, they cant even reply to it with an attachment! That in itself is the most ridiculous lack of efficiency Ive ever seen.
    Yes, I agree..... the Z30 is great! It makes the iPhone 5s look like a silly little toy.

Posted using my Z30
    04-18-14 07:37 AM
    This is what we full touch users want to see....a beast on the spec sheets. I am reluctantly trying to purchase a used Z30 to see if I like it. If I was blown away with it from the beginning, I would have upgraded with my available upgrade. No. Im saving THAT for a monster full touch. Come on Blackberry!!
    I wasn't sure either. I had the BlackBerry Torch "2" 9810 which was a great device, but I found myself reading the news and accessing the Web quite a bit. The Z30 does everything: It has a big bright 5" AMOLED low-drain touch screen, long lasting battery, BlackBerry Hub, four speakers, USB and HDMI ports, Paratek antenna, big virtual keyboard with auto-correct correct and predictive text, NFC, BlueTooth, MiraCast, can edit Word, Excel and Adobe documents, handles Android and iTunes files, solid construction.... I really like it.

It depends what you want/need. I found myself reading news and books and watching TV news a lot since I commute by train/bus, so I really appreciate that the Z30 doubles as an e-reader and laptop. It's also great for presentations either on its own or hooked up to a monitor or smart-TV via HDMI cable.

Although I really like BlackBerry's keyboards, the virtual keyboard on the Z30 is large enough to make typing easy, particularly with the spell check and predictive text ability in multiple languages (I use French a lot). So there you have it...

Posted using my Z30
    jaydee5799 and BB_Jay like this.
    04-18-14 07:47 AM
    there is no way that any full touch BB10 super phone is going to lure 10s of millions of Android or iPhone users to BB10, or the Z30 would have sold 10s of millions, because it's spectacular.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry did not fall off the cliff with one generation of devices, it took multiple generations of iPhones and droids that were consistently better than BlackBerry to kill BlackBerry 's market share.

In the same token, one generation (Z30 and Q10) is not going to be enough to put BlackBerry back on the map again... it will take multiple generations.

I hope Mr. Chen or the board won't be discouraged of the fact that the first generation of BB10 devices didn't seem to do much. I hope they have the patience to stay the course, do whatever they want to stay afloat but stay the course... keep releasing better devices with better specs and better software features.

More and more media outlets are beginning to reflect on their stance on BlackBerry products after they used Z30 or Q10, the tide is turning BlackBerry just needs to hold on tight.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-18-14 10:29 AM
    In the same token, one generation (Z30 and Q10) is not going to be enough to put BlackBerry back on the map again... it will take multiple generations.
    You're absolutely right. It will take several generations of devices. However, it need to be several generations of great devices, not mediocre ones that BlackBerry has released recently. They need to focus on coming out with outstanding devices that are industry leaders.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-18-14 11:32 AM
    I want a Z50!

Posted using my Z30
    04-18-14 12:52 PM
    I want a Z50!

Posted using my Z30
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hell, i would do with a Z30 at the right price!
    04-18-14 12:55 PM
    You're right. It's not on par at all.

It's significantly beyond par

iPhone 5s vs BlackBerry Z30:
    Battery capacity: 1570mAh vs 2880mAh
    Screen size: 4.0" vs 5.0"
    Resolution: 640x1136 pixels vs 720x1280 pixels
    Processor: 1.3GHz dual-core vs 1.7GHz dual-core
    Memory: 1GB vs 2GB
    Front Camera: 1.2MP vs 2.0MP
    NFC: No vs Yes
    WiFi Direct: No vs Yes
    Miracast: No vs Yes
    HDMI: No vs Yes
    FM Radio: No vs Yes
    SD Card: No vs Yes

That's not even mentioning things like the speaker quality (Z30 is far better), the antenna (Z30 has significantly better antenna) or the browser (Z30 absolutely slaughters the iPhone on HTML5 test, ringmark etc).

No doubt about it. The Z30 is a superior phone both in specs and in real life usage. Outlasts, outpaces, outclasses, outperforms. Easy.
    Also customer reviews on any service provider website show the z30 with a much better rating than iphone.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 and asherwiin like this.
    04-18-14 01:02 PM
    The Z30 is a nice phone, one if the best I have had so far. I also bought a Galaxy Note 3 recently and use it as a mini tablet and there are some things which are really great and I would also like to see on a Z50.

Firstly, infrared booster. This is something I didn't know that I wanted it until I had it. It's so handy to switch programs with a phone and it's ridiculous that only some Samsung and the M8 have it.

Secondly significantly more power. The Z30 is snappy as hell as long as it comes to native apps. But in some instances I have to rely on Android apps and that's the point where the phone is slowing down.

That's pretty much it, otherwise I am fine with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 01:26 PM
    Also customer reviews on any service provider website show the z30 with a much better rating than iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Most reviews of the Z30 have been excellent. You can read my reviews at Bell.ca, BestBuy.ca. And TheSource.ca (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=HbI4ML_t).

Posted using my Z30
    04-18-14 03:35 PM
    There's no way any full qwerty will lure that amount either. Point is you can't market outdated hardware to any android users. Why not try to make a spec sheet beast? BlackBerry has never released anything that has cutting edge specs yet. Don't get me wrong specs alone won't win the race but at least when people see it on paper it is impressive enough to make them even consider it.
    ...but what BlackBerry can do now is sell BBOS devices at a profit and try to lure some current BBOS users to BB10 with the Belted BlackBerry Classic.

BlackBerry can not release any device running any OS that will get 10s of millions of Android and / or iPhone users to buy a BlackBerry device.

BB10 has failed to lure 10s of millions of BBOS users to new BlackBerry devices: hopefully the Q20 and incumbent changes to BB10 will start a trend of BB10 adoption that will assuage fears of BlackBerry going bankrupt, then enterprises and eventually consumers will consider BlackBerry on its merits which are many and present now... step 1 is build the BB10 base and stabilise in the eyes of the market.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:38 PM
    if the thinking is that BlackBerry is dead,not buying devices because of it then it will surely be dead.m

04-19-14 03:37 AM
    Will be waiting for the '30 to drop in price unless the '50 appears when my contract is up. Need the paratec antenna and want the extras on the '30 ( but I am still impressed and delighted by my '10...after 15 months. this is the first phone about which I can say this in 23 years)

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:58 AM
    Will be waiting for the '30 to drop in price unless the '50 appears when my contract is up. Need the paratec antenna and want the extras on the '30 ( but I am still impressed and delighted by my '10...after 15 months. this is the first phone about which I can say this in 23 years)

Posted via CB10
    Yup, the Z10 is great; compact, light, bright crisp screen, fast, hub and virtual keyboard. I have the Z30 which is bigger, but has a big 5" AMOLED screen and large virtual keyboard, which fantastic. I hope the Z50 comes out and is even better!

Posted using my Z30
    04-19-14 07:54 AM
    Ok- I read through the vast majority of this thread. I have my eye on the Z30 and was wondering if I should wait for the rumored "Z50" and wanted an opinion on whether I should wait.

Based on this thread the "Z50" is speculation and rumors and if there will be a new flagship touch screen device it probably won't come out 'till next year summer or whatever.

SO- I will get the Z30. Anyone strongly disagree?

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    I went from a z10 to my z30 and simply love this phone. Trust me and many others here. Don't wait!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly how I feel. If I find a 30 for a good price I would jump. Until then the 10 is wonderful.

Posted via my white VZW Z10 on CB10
    mundo472 likes this.
    04-19-14 12:14 PM
    This is exactly how I feel. If I find a 30 for a good price I would jump. Until then the 10 is wonderful.

Posted via my white VZW Z10 on CB10
    You never know.... the BlackBerry Classic Q10 is coming in November, so maybe the Z50 soon after....

Posted using my Z30
    04-22-14 03:29 PM
    You never know.... the BlackBerry Classic Q10 is coming in November, so maybe the Z50 soon after....

Posted using my Z30
    As it turns out, I got a good deal from VZW and am expecting a Z30 tomorrow, so that's going to hold me over till the Z50 or whatever is next arrives!!!
    04-22-14 03:40 PM

Posted using my Z30
    Oops... I meant Q20 Classic.

Posted using my Z30
    04-22-14 03:48 PM
    As it turns out, I got a good deal from VZW and am expecting a Z30 tomorrow, so that's going to hold me over till the Z50 or whatever is next arrives!!!
    Congrats !

Posted using my Z30
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-22-14 03:48 PM
    That's great! Will be watching out for your views on the device.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:44 PM
    That's great! Will be watching out for your views on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Got my Z30 today and I love it! Thin, fast and larger. Easier to see and type on. Amazing!!!! So happy I switched. Really loved my z10 and didn't think I could love anything as much. Wow. Z30 is a beast!

Coming to you from my sleek black Z30 on VZW
    smart548 likes this.
    04-23-14 09:28 PM
    Got my Z30 today and I love it! Thin, fast and larger. Easier to see and type on. Amazing!!!! So happy I switched. Really loved my z10 and didn't think I could love anything as much. Wow. Z30 is a beast!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:56 AM

Glad you like! I think the Z30 is great!

Posted using my Z30
    04-24-14 12:25 PM
    If anyone doubts the power of the Z30 read the WIRED article taken at CES 2014

Test against Nokia 1020, iPhone 5S and an Android phone (I think it's a Sony Experia)

Every laughed for the choice of BlackBerry

Guess what? The Z30 came out on top.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately coming out on top in something like that isn't going to sell devices, especially if you don't advertise them or if your customers can't readily purchase them easily. Even though iPhone and Samsung are enjoying fantastic sales numbers for devices, they still realize that you have to keep advertising to keep mind share.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:31 PM
403 ... 910111213 ...