10-14-14 06:09 PM
403 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Ideas like this make me have hope!!!
    I so want to stay on BlackBerry! I just don't want to burn my upgrade for a Z30 that is already 6 months old...not to say its not a great phone. I am just hoping to wait for "the NEXT great thing"
    Jaydee, I'm with you there. The lure of the bigger screen and USB-OTG is huge, but I hope my Z10 will tide me over till Autumn (northern hemisphere). The Z10 will then be nearly 2 years old, oh, oh...

Not sure if I should jump for the Q20 (as a Q10 owner also), the all-touch monster seems the thing to wait for...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-09-14 08:04 AM
    Seriously, a screen with 1:1 aspect ratio is a waste of screen space and battery power. You won't even be able to watch YouTube videos well on it. And many apps will not support this screen size well neither.

It leaves too much to be desired. Don't go with Q20 if apps and videos are your things.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-09-14 08:15 AM
    http://n4bb.com/chen-will-touchscree...going-forward/

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    jaydee5799 and CDM76 like this.
    04-10-14 01:03 PM
    Thanks... I saw this post... it's good news (for now)!

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-10-14 04:58 PM
    Thanks... I saw this post... it's good news (for now)!

Posted via CB10
    Yes Tony, except we would like the phone to be released sooner rather than later! LOL
    04-10-14 05:12 PM
    Q10 Nutter, I am truly thinking about it. Unfortunately, I am on a contract. Aside from that I don't have $700+/- kicking around to drop on a new phone. I have a house, kids, bills....life, and I live paycheck to paycheck. Besides, the z30 is bigger than I really want. I think the Z10 should be upgraded to include a larger screen(a lot of wasted space in the huge bezels) , higher specs, and higher end finish/feel. I would love to help BlackBerry further and will continue to do so as long as they continue to make the devices I want. And I have supported them for 7 years with my loyalty and purchases, like my current Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the Z10 has huge bezels. Either make next version of the z10 using the same bezel design like the z30 or make the screen size bigger on it so there's less space showing the bezel on top and bottom.

The next version of the z10 should be with the same quality and feel like that of the z30.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-10-14 09:37 PM
    I agree; the screens should be stretched to the edges and the bezels on BlackBerry touch models minimized. The body should also be light weight and made of a light metal. The camera lens should also be moved away from the edge of the phone. The cameras and the voice integration also need improvement.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:19 AM
    I agree; the screens should be stretched to the edges and the bezels on BlackBerry touch models minimized. The body should also be light weight and made of a light metal. The camera lens should also be moved away from the edge of the phone. The cameras and the voice integration also need improvement.

Posted via CB10
    The camera needs to be moved to the same specs as the iphone camera so the attachment lenses for iphone FIT the Z50....
    04-11-14 08:06 AM
    Yes, I agree, BlackBerry needs to release it sooner than later. BlackBerry needs to market it better too.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:47 AM
    Yes, I agree the Z50 will need a better camera, and maybe be able to accept the new iPhone detachable lenses. The only issue might be a patent infringement if BlackBerry tries to duplicate the "port" on the camera of its phones to accept the iPhone lenses....

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-11-14 10:51 AM
    The camera needs to be moved to the same specs as the iphone camera so the attachment lenses for iphone FIT the Z50....
    If Apple even got the slightest whiff of BlackBerry designing their phones to match the iPhone form, for the purpose accessories being cross-compatible, Apple would tie BlackBerry up in court until their cash pile disappears completely.

Yes, it's ridiculous. But regardless, Apple have engaged in persistent legal action for FAR less than this.

BlackBerry won't take the risk.
    CDM76 and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-11-14 02:59 PM
    Yup, as a lawyer I'm all to aware of the risk of a major lawsuit should be attempt to duplicate any of Apple's specs, even if it just to permit Apple lenses to attach to BlackBerry devices. The best one could hope for is some sort of agreement between phone produces to create a "universal" or shared docking system, somewhat akin to a USB or HDMI port technology.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:09 PM
    Yup, as a lawyer I'm all to aware of the risk of a major lawsuit should BlackBerry attempt to duplicate any of Apple's specs, even if it just to permit Apple lenses to attach to BlackBerry devices. The best one could hope for is some sort of agreement between phone produces to create a "universal" or shared docking system, somewhat akin to a USB or HDMI port technology.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:10 PM
    If Apple even got the slightest whiff of BlackBerry designing their phones to match the iPhone form, for the purpose accessories being cross-compatible, Apple would tie BlackBerry up in court until their cash pile disappears completely.

Yes, it's ridiculous. But regardless, Apple have engaged in persistent legal action for FAR less than this.

BlackBerry won't take the risk.
    Oh ok. Hadn't thought if that aspect. Thanks for reminding me.

Posted via my white VZW Z10 on CB10
    04-11-14 03:42 PM
    If anyone doubts the power of the Z30 read the WIRED article taken at CES 2014

Test against Nokia 1020, iPhone 5S and an Android phone (I think it's a Sony Experia)

Every laughed for the choice of BlackBerry

Guess what? The Z30 came out on top.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:15 PM
    Yep, I have the Z30 and it's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:00 PM
    Worst part is that this **** poor customer service number Verizon just makes BlackBerry look bad.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:26 PM
    John Chen has said there will be another high end qwerty device later this year. Nothing about a touchscreen or Z device being released as of this moment

Posted via CB10
    So a Q30 then ? As a Q10 user and keyboard fan, I'd be totally OK with that!

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:29 PM
    I hope the Z50 comes out eventually. I have the Z30, and it is fantastic. The BlackBerry Z30 is far more advanced than any other handheld device. The Z30 was one of the first to have ALL Advanced features, including a bigger 5" AMOLED screen, large long lasting battery, four surround-sound speakers, great wind-baffling mics, a USB port, a HDMI port for hooking up to a monitor or smart TV, as well as Blue Tooth, NFC, and MiraCast capability. It has a Paratek antenna so it never drops a signal. It has an FM radio. I can use the Z30 with many different kinds of files; I can edit Word and Excel docs, download Android apps, and sync all my Apple iTunes music. The Z30 also has BlackBerry's fantastic message "hub," as well as an amazing keyboard with both auto correct and predictive text with which you can simply "flick" words and phrases into place in multiple languages. The Z30 has a solid build with Gorilla Glass screen, aluminum frame and carbon fibre back. There is no other device with all these capabilities. The iPhone looks like a silly little toy along side the BlackBerry Z30.

Posted using my Z30
    04-17-14 06:55 PM
    The Z50 can't come out eventually, it has to come out NOW. Eventually is TOO LATE.

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 likes this.
    04-17-14 11:36 PM
    The only way to win over new customers is to have a new high end touch device. The upcoming qwerty devices will convert the existing user base still stuck on OS7 but do nothing to convert those who have long moved onto full touch devices.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-18-14 01:48 AM
    The only way to win over new customers is to have a new high end touch device. The upcoming qwerty devices will convert the existing user base still stuck on OS7 but do nothing to convert those who have long moved onto full touch devices.
    there is no way that any full touch BB10 super phone is going to lure 10s of millions of Android or iPhone users to BB10, or the Z30 would have sold 10s of millions, because it's spectacular.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 02:01 AM
    How is the Z30 in any way comparable to the 5S? Processor? Screen? Memory? Features?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    There's at LEAST 15 things I can think of...

1) Miracast – This is a nifty feature that can broadcast your phone screen and audio wirelessly peer to peer to another Miracast enabled device such as a TV or Miracast Dongle. Apple has Apple TV, which is similar, but in it’s usual fashion only works with other Apple devices. Miracast is much like having wireless HDMI.

2) WiDi – Similar to Miracast, WiFi Direct can mirror your screen and audio to another WiDi capable device. This Intel directive uses a “soft AP” (Access Point) in the sending device, usually a laptop or other portable device.
    3) Near Field Communications allows the transfer of files between devices, electronic payments at point of sale, and easy manipulation of device features with the use of tags.
    4) USBOTG – USB On the Go allows the connection of numerous 3rd party peripherals to your BlackBerry 10 phone. The list includes hard drives, memory sticks, keyboards, mice, and many more. This, plus a connection to a large flat screen gives you almost work station like performance. Amazing!
    5) SD card – The SD card slot allows up to 2 TBs of extra file storage. At the time of this writing, users have successfully installed 128gb SD cards. I have a 64gb card in my Z30, which in addition to the built-in 16gb, gives me a whopping 80gb phone!
    6) DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance is a standard in wide use for streaming multimedia files over a WiFi network. Unlike Miracast, DLNA requires a wireless LAN in order to function as opposed to the peer to peer nature of Miracast. The advantage of DLNA is that once you start streaming a movie or song, you are free to use the phone for other things such as BBM or email. Were you to do this with Miracast, the TV would be showing you messaging someone.
    7) Stereo speakers – Not needing much of an explanation the iPhone is mono only. The Z30 stereo speakers are second to none. Beautiful sound.
    8) 4 mics – This allows for natural sound in HD phone calls, BBM voice and video calls, and stereo video recordings.
    9) Flash – Flash makes for a much more rich and enjoyable web browsing experience. There are thousands of sites that use flash content and this is one reason why BB10 users don’t need “an app for that”.
    10) 5″ screen – Poor iPhone… stuck with a tiny 4” screen. Both the Z10 at 4.2” and the Z30 at 5” are larger making for a much better experience.
    11) HDMI out – I’ve used the native HDMI out countless times in the boardroom and at home to show presentations and watch movies. People are amazed seeing the 1080p quality coming from such a small device.

12) Wireless charging – Available to some Z30 models, wireless Qi is a convenient and un-tethered way of charging your phone. Available from Verizon.
    13) A file system – So many BB10 users take this for granted. Being able to place music, documents, pictures, and video files in any existing or newly created folder. You cannot say that you have “mobile computing” without this basic feature. Plus, on BB10 you can manipulate and move those files wirelessly from a laptop or desktop.

14) RFA – Remote File Access. Imagine being able to access any file on your laptop or desktop from anywhere in the world! It’s like having your own little (or big) cloud storage. Any drive that your PC is mapped to including NAS, USB, servers, etc. All accessible in your hand. Many Terabytes await you!
    15) And… you know what? It’s the year 2014 and if I send an iPhone user an email, they can’t even reply to it with an attachment! That in itself is the most ridiculous lack of efficiency I’ve ever seen.
    04-18-14 03:10 AM
    there is no way that any full touch BB10 super phone is going to lure 10s of millions of Android or iPhone users to BB10, or the Z30 would have sold 10s of millions, because it's spectacular.

Posted via CB10
    There's no way any full qwerty will lure that amount either. Point is you can't market outdated hardware to any android users. Why not try to make a spec sheet beast? BlackBerry has never released anything that has cutting edge specs yet. Don't get me wrong specs alone won't win the race but at least when people see it on paper it is impressive enough to make them even consider it.
    jaydee5799, Fnen90 and RigoMonster like this.
    04-18-14 04:24 AM
    There's no way any full qwerty will lure that amount either. Point is you can't market outdated hardware to any android users. Why not try to make a spec sheet beast? BlackBerry has never released anything that has cutting edge specs yet. Don't get me wrong specs alone won't win the race but at least when people see it on paper it is impressive enough to make them even consider it.
    This is what we full touch users want to see....a beast on the spec sheets. I am reluctantly trying to purchase a used Z30 to see if I like it. If I was blown away with it from the beginning, I would have upgraded with my available upgrade. No. Im saving THAT for a monster full touch. Come on Blackberry!!
    04-18-14 06:06 AM
403 ... 89101112 ...