06-16-14 04:54 PM
53 123
tools
    Maybe thats why Mr.Chen warned leakers. There might be something in the works within BlackBerry and he wants it as a surprise.

BlackBerry also assemble devices in Canada. Not only in Mexico, Foxconn (asian factories).

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:55 AM
    John Chen clearly stated in an Interview, that he hopes the "Z50" (the device that's meant to attract New Customers), is released by Sept 2014. But said there were no guaranteed, though they've been working hard day and night to keep on schedule. But this schedule is internal, within the company.

Posted via CB10
    Damm I really hope so.. my Z30 is close to the end of it's contact, meaning I may pick a new phone.. because I love the full touch so much I really would get the Z50 if it becomes available but if it will hit the market around the Q3 2015 I just buy another Z30.. ( why, because than I can check out leaks with my old one, and use the new one on a daily base). The thing is if I pick a new phone in July, it won't be till June 2015 that I'll be able to pick a new one..

The question here, should I wait this year, or be ashamed for not having the latest device in 2015 Yes... the thought is killing me haha

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 03:13 AM
    Maybe thats why Mr.Chen warned leakers. There might be something in the works within BlackBerry and he wants it as a surprise.

BlackBerry also assemble devices in Canada. Not only in Mexico, Foxconn (asian factories).

Posted via CB10
    Just for the record...before anybody gets carried away with this:

Chen was talking about confidential information regarding upcoming devices and strategies that was leaked through a Mobile Carrier, not OS leaks.

Also, the only devices being made by Foxconn are the low-end ones. The rest are assembled in a few different factories in the Americas.

I would absolutely love for a big all-touch to come out later this year because my contract comes to an end in September...that would make it ideal - alternatively, I can just grab a Z30.
    05-08-14 03:20 AM
    Just for the record...before anybody gets carried away with this:

Chen was talking about confidential information regarding upcoming devices and strategies that was leaked through a Mobile Carrier, not OS leaks.

Also, the only devices being made by Foxconn are the low-end ones. The rest are assembled in a few different factories in the Americas.

I would absolutely love for a big all-touch to come out later this year because my contract comes to an end in September...that would make it ideal - alternatively, I can just grab a Z30.
    Yes sir. You nailed it. Thats what I exactly mean.
    I know its not for the leaks of the Os.

And I know about Foxconn. But it hasn't really been stated that Foxconn will only build low end BlackBerry devices. There's a possibility that Foxconn will assemble new BlackBerry devices but not to design.

Thats what made me think why Chen is trying to stop leakers of their strategy and upcoming devices. (this might be one of the reasons)... There should be something scary in the works.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 03:34 AM
    I talked to a Verizon rep a couple of weeks ago & he said they would have it Q3 or no later than Q4 '14. He said it'd be priced like the Z10 & Z30 was at first release most likely.
    06-03-14 10:02 PM
    I talked to a Verizon rep a couple of weeks ago & he said they would have it Q3 or no later than Q4 '14. He said it'd be priced like the Z10 & Z30 was at first release most likely.
    I hope that time frame is correct but I highly doubt it.

Patiently waiting.....
    06-04-14 04:56 PM
    You really think that a Verizon rep knows anything about a BlackBerry device that has yet to even be officially announced?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    mundo472 and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    06-04-14 05:59 PM
    I doubt we'd see the Z50 this fall, if that was the case there probably would have been a few leaks already. I haven't seen one yet.
    06-04-14 09:12 PM
    I doubt we'd see the Z50 this fall, if that was the case there probably would have been a few leaks already. I haven't seen one yet.
    Exactly. Fall is only a few months away and nothing official has been said about this device and no leaked images have appeared here in CB or anywhere else on the net that I've seen.

Certainly a Verizon rep isn't a reliable source for info. BlackBerry definitely wouldn't be telling them anything before anyone else.

06-04-14 11:08 PM
    Devices coming in September and October. Windmere in September/October and blackberry classic in October/November. BlackBerry announced it already at BlackBerry experience event in London

Posted via CrackBerry App
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    06-05-14 12:21 AM
    W hhh

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 02:09 AM
    I NEED a proper z10 upgrade!!!

Well, soon anyway. The z10 works great for me. I just want a new toy

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:52 AM
    W hhh

Posted via CB10
    What is that supposed to mean?

06-05-14 09:09 AM
    The Verizon rep said he'd been reading all the blogs and stuff you can Google much like we do & that's what he thought going by all that he had gathered. It'd be my luck I upgrade to the Z30 and a month later the Z50 appears. Has anyone ever messed with the Porsche designed BB?
    06-06-14 10:02 PM
    John Chen clearly stated in an Interview, that he hopes the "Z50" (the device that's meant to attract New Customers), is released by Sept 2014. But said there were no guaranteed, though they've been working hard day and night to keep on schedule. But this schedule is internal, within the company.
    Where are you getting that the device Chen was talking about is the Z50? (That name isn't even official.)

He mentioned no details about the device. He's said that he thinks the future BlackBerry is keyboards. The device he was talking about could easily be the Windermere or the Classic.

There is no mention if it's going to be a full touch or physical keyboard, but common sense by John Chen's words clearly state Full Touch high end device. i.e., To Gain New Customers.
    Exactly the point. Chen hasn't said anything about the device. If he was talking about a keyboard device then it isn't a Z series.

Right now there's all no chance of a touch device being released in September. There's been no leaked photos or anything. Look at all the leaked stuff on the other phones. We would have seen something by now.

06-06-14 10:56 PM
    Wait until 10.3.1 comes out it will be like having a new phone without actually buying one. It will make the wait for the new all touch device a little less of a wait

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-07-14 12:05 AM
    Wait until 10.3.1 comes out it will be like having a new phone without actually buying one. It will make the wait for the new all touch device a little less of a wait

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Not if you already have the latest leak....

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 12:22 AM
    Just from the leaks we've gotten and the info from BlackBerry the Q30 will be next in late Q3 early Q4 and the Classic will be in Q4 maybe early Q1 next year. I remember Chen did say that they are still planning on releasing another full touch device and if that's the case the best time to release it would be in mid to late Q1 when all the people with 2 year contracts who bought a Z10 will be up to get new phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 12:39 AM
    I think it drops january 30th like the z10 did.most the users than will be off their contracts.The z10 will be 2years old then
    06-07-14 11:46 AM
    I think it drops january 30th like the z10 did.most the users than will be off their contracts.The z10 will be 2years old then
    Where did you get that date?

I think that if they do launch then it will be too late. Many people will have already picked up the iPhone 6 by then.

06-08-14 06:44 AM
    That would make sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 11:54 AM
    That would make sense.

Posted via CB10
    Not from a sales perspective. It would make more sense to launch it around the time of the iPhone 6.

06-08-14 12:45 PM
    Damm I really hope so.. my Z30 is close to the end of it's contact, meaning I may pick a new phone.. because I love the full touch so much I really would get the Z50 if it becomes available but if it will hit the market around the Q3 2015 I just buy another Z30.. ( why, because than I can check out leaks with my old one, and use the new one on a daily base). The thing is if I pick a new phone in July, it won't be till June 2015 that I'll be able to pick a new one..

The question here, should I wait this year, or be ashamed for not having the latest device in 2015 Yes... the thought is killing me haha

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    Dont want to sound rude but I would grow up and wait. You asked, I told.
    06-08-14 11:20 PM
    For your information :

http://n4bb.com/john-chen-eying-phab...et-blackberry/

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3175
    06-10-14 09:39 AM
    Not from a sales perspective. It would make more sense to launch it around the time of the iPhone 6.

There's a danger of being drowned out by the media hype for all things Apple if it's launched around the same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 09:44 AM
53 123