03-27-14 02:41 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    I could see myself using that large area to multitask.
    BlackBerry Woolly Mammoth?-windermere_2.jpg
    Taping something on the smaller vertical area would make it grow to become the large one. Helps to keep an eye on 2 things at the same time
    03-21-14 12:01 PM
    You got a Z30?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    YES... why?
    03-21-14 12:15 PM
    YES... why?
    Just wondering. I thought you had a Q10 before.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 12:26 PM
    That 1:1 ratio sucks tho... gonna be really too wide to navigate with one thumb.. you probably won't even be able to reach the left half of the keyboard one handed..
    Isn't that just as true with all-touch phablets as well though, the point of those devices and this one is to make that trade-off between being able to use it fully one-handed and the extra real estate that allows you to do more stuff on the device.
    03-22-14 05:46 AM
    I think a 5" display might be pushing things a little too far, if you do the maths, a 4.5" display makes far more sense for a qwerty phablet if we assume they stick to the 1:1 display as that could result in a phone about the same sort of width as a phablet unlike a 5" display which would push it that much wider than anything else out there.

4.5" 1:1 display could produce at best an 85mm wide device (slightly wider than a Note 1), but with a 5" display you are going to end up with a device that was at least 95mm wide which would put it comfortably beyond even something like the 6.3" galaxy mega.
    03-22-14 06:03 AM
    I think a 5" display might be pushing things a little too far, if you do the maths, a 4.5" display makes far more sense for a qwerty phablet if we assume they stick to the 1:1 display as that could result in a phone about the same sort of width as a phablet unlike a 5" display which would push it that much wider than anything else out there.

4.5" 1:1 display could produce at best an 85mm wide device (slightly wider than a Note 1), but with a 5" display you are going to end up with a device that was at least 95mm wide which would put it comfortably beyond even something like the 6.3" galaxy mega.
    I think you're right, when I see the concept on the first Crackberry's page, I think it's really too big, just for an example, I don't work a lot on it and I'm not a professionnal user of photoshop but I think this little 4" guy would be better. As you can see we can increase to had something like the BBRY logo, or something dues to technical necessities...BlackBerry Woolly Mammoth?-4-.jpg
    03-22-14 07:45 AM
    A larger and taller Q serie phone would allow a very comfortable device for browsing internet forums and pictures (for example in BBM channels), so as long as it wouldn't be too heavy i'd buy it without hesitation.
    I'd prefer it with a four rows of keys and not the 3 rows with diminished spacebar
    And if a tool-belt were to be obligatory a physical one has my preference... by the way how could a trackpad be virtual? I think people missing it are expecting a physical one, they precisely seem to miss the physical interaction while selecting text etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 03:37 PM
    This looks amazing for WORK PHONE... all you wanting to watch youtube on the phone all the time, you have the z30. This kind of screen might look crap for all your useless apps like angry or flappy birds, but fo people that realy want to get stuff done (wich is what blackberry is for) this is amazing.
    This is amazing to watch presentations, read pdf files without having to pinch to zoom all the time to read a word, GPS map, documents, emails, etc...

This is the only way Blackberry can compete, by diferentiating.
    Hey you just copied my comment on the relevant blog post! ;-)

Exactly my words, awesome to get stuff done, but not necessarily a fashionable beauty. I copped a bit of flak when I mentioned it's definitely NOT targeted at "hipsters": BlackBerry core users arrogance, blahblah...

This is a differentiator, it will split the camps.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-22-14 07:44 PM
    Hey you just copied my comment on the relevant blog post! ;-)

Exactly my words, awesome to get stuff done, but not necessarily a fashionable beauty. I copped a bit of flak when I mentioned it's definitely NOT targeted at "hipsters": BlackBerry core users arrogance, blahblah...

This is a differentiator, it will split the camps.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Total coincidence I guess, didn't come here on crackberry for a few days

This screen might start a new trend. This phone could be the shake in the market of the smartphone. This phone if released will make all the reviewers and technews websites talking about this phone and Blackberry just for the sheer crazyness of it.
    03-23-14 07:04 PM
    i still didn't weigh in on this but I think i will. I definatly would use this device. I do a lot of communicating and am always on my blackberry for business. I don't care about aspect ratio I never watch more than a youtube video on my blackberry. Its a work device and for me this size screen would work. that being said....I don't know if it would help rim as a company to make one unfortunatly.
    03-23-14 07:40 PM
    03-25-14 01:57 PM
    If this becomes a device, I think it will be a disaster. We need something that resembles the iPhone with the typo keyboard: a type of the line smartphone with a usable screen and a kickass keyboard. The typo iPhone deal is a band-aid solution to a gap that blackberry could own brilliantly.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 03:19 AM
    I like it!

And for people saying 'How will this fit into my pockets?' How small are your pockets!?!?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    03-26-14 12:31 PM
    If this becomes a device, I think it will be a disaster. We need something that resembles the iPhone with the typo keyboard: a type of the line smartphone with a usable screen and a kickass keyboard. The typo iPhone deal is a band-aid solution to a gap that blackberry could own brilliantly.

Posted via CB10
    Assuming that Typo actually is able to sell this case, I can not see many self respecting iPhone users actually buying one. To do what you want to do , I think a Slider or a Q20 is a better solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-26-14 06:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The main problem that I have with my Q10 are the small screen (would like something more Z10 size) and the aspect ratio. It just limits the apps you can download and use so greatly and watching any sort of media is just a dread.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:13 AM
    Uhm, not 5 inches wide?

I like it!

And for people saying 'How will this fit into my pockets?' How small are your pockets!?!?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    03-27-14 11:04 AM
    Uhm, not 5 inches wide?
    Good, because this phone is probably not wider than 9cm.
    03-27-14 11:28 AM
    Maybe I'm confused then. I thought this was a 5" x 5" display for a new phone, which would result in at least
    a 5 inch width. If it's only a 3.5" display, then it would seem to be pointless to produce it anyway. Conceptually,
    I just don't get the reasoning behind developing a square screen. It seems like they need to go with standard
    screen size ratios in order to make things easier on developers.
    The piece that's missing is what need this would be filling. To put it another way, we don't know who the intended
    customers would be. It might possibly be a great idea, depending on who they intend to market the device to,
    and how large that market is, or how well-received they think the phone would be.
    03-27-14 02:27 PM
    Maybe I'm confused then. I thought this was a 5" x 5" display for a new phone, which would result in at least
    a 5 inch width. If it's only a 3.5" display, then it would seem to be pointless to produce it anyway. Conceptually,
    I just don't get the reasoning behind developing a square screen. It seems like they need to go with standard
    screen size ratios in order to make things easier on developers.
    The piece that's missing is what need this would be filling. To put it another way, we don't know who the intended
    customers would be. It might possibly be a great idea, depending on who they intend to market the device to,
    and how large that market is, or how well-received they think the phone would be.
    4.5" diagonal.
    Picture the current Q10, with an extra 2cm wide column on the left for additional information, a permanent menu, etc. Their target market is the same people who are using a Galaxy Note: multi-taskers
    03-27-14 02:41 PM
94 ... 234