03-27-14 03:41 PM
94 1234
tools
    5 Inch Square is a bad idea, obviously that size can be fit into a portrait/Landscape(Unlikely) Slider, or a slab like the Z30, but not in a square. At that point, BlackBerry is asking to be mocked... Hopefully 3.5(Like they're going with the Q20)-4.5 is what they go for and that threshold is the sweet spot Anyways.
    03-20-14 01:08 PM
    Just to be clear..I have this screen and I honestly believe its not for a new phone I think it was a canned project
    03-20-14 01:13 PM
    Just to be clear..I have this screen and I honestly believe its not for a new phone I think it was a canned project
    What BB Employee did you get that off of? Or are you an employee yourself...?
    03-20-14 01:22 PM
    Honestly more I see it more I hope it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:22 PM
    I found it in a random box of cables and computer accessories I bought
    03-20-14 01:35 PM
    What if this is a smaller playbook?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:44 PM
    ROTFLOL I'm sorry man, I don't believe that at all! XD
    03-20-14 01:44 PM
    Haha that's fine but its the truth. Tim cleared out some buildings and sold everything in them.
    03-20-14 01:59 PM
    By Tim I meant rim
    03-20-14 01:59 PM
    Picture from n4bb . They are really smart fetching news but forums are poor....someone mentioned that...premwhattsap i think.
    03-20-14 02:06 PM
    It is as big as that square in the picture. 3.5 inches is about as long as a credit card.

3.5x3.5 is about the size of the screen.

There is the math.

I hope the picture attached right.

Q10

Attachment 256797
    03-20-14 02:13 PM
    Lol it didn't seem to upload properly, re-try?
    03-20-14 02:39 PM
    ugh really not feeling this form factor. id rather a really long phone with a 4inch screen and a keyboard a la iphone 5s with typo keyboard attached rather than a huuuuge square like this with a 1:1 ratio..
    03-20-14 02:45 PM
    Damn it, man
    Where'd you find that rim liquidator? I want a box too lol

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:36 PM
    Any way for you to power on the screen?
    03-20-14 04:46 PM
    Why is the LED always lit?

Interesting...
    It's not the LED i think it's the cut out hole for the camera and if you see the back of the screen there's a red color sticker or something is stick to it. that's why it's seems like red LED on front.

Subscribe to my BBM channel pin:C002FED66
    03-20-14 06:45 PM
    This looks amazing for WORK PHONE... all you wanting to watch youtube on the phone all the time, you have the z30. This kind of screen might look crap for all your useless apps like angry or flappy birds, but fo people that realy want to get stuff done (wich is what blackberry is for) this is amazing.
    This is amazing to watch presentations, read pdf files without having to pinch to zoom all the time to read a word, GPS map, documents, emails, etc...

This is the only way Blackberry can compete, by diferentiating.
    03-20-14 07:40 PM
    This looks amazing for WORK PHONE... all you wanting to watch youtube on the phone all the time, you have the z30. This kind of screen might look crap for all your useless apps like angry or flappy birds, but fo people that realy want to get stuff done (wich is what blackberry is for) this is amazing.
    This is amazing to watch presentations, read pdf files without having to pinch to zoom all the time to read a word, GPS map, documents, emails, etc...

This is the only way Blackberry can compete, by diferentiating.
    You got a Z30?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 07:59 PM
    This is just like when an archeologist opens the long lost tomb of Pharaoh Basillie . Any sign of the long lost BlackBerry Colt ? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2WHFUt-s3Gg/0.jpg

or how about the upgraded 9900 that exists according to BelfastDispatcher.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-20-14 at 11:40 PM.
    eldricho likes this.
    03-20-14 08:37 PM
    You're right. 5" is good for phone without keyboard or for a slider one.

Posted via CB10

it looks really really strange til you start thinking about it as a possible slider... if u move the mystery screen aligned more to the top of the LG screen, and imagine a keyboard underneath it, it starts making a liiittle more sense...

just a little.. because then it's still a really wide kb and the 3.5in screen would be kind of small for the touch screen when closed but they could have been aiming for a different target market (think sideways slider, etc), or then again it just could be that it's obviously not perfect and there's a reason it was discarded in some box........ (yeah, i'm giving OP benefit of the doubt for now but that's another topic lol)

if anything, it at least shows they were considering a slider somewhat recently (the modern-ness? of the design is obviously post-Torch)... we can only hope they canned the design for an even better slider...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 03-20-14 at 10:03 PM.
    03-20-14 09:41 PM

it looks really really strange til you start thinking about it as a possible slider... if u move the mystery screen aligned more to the top of the LG screen, and imagine a keyboard underneath it, it starts making a liiittle more sense...

just a little.. because then it's still a really wide kb and the 3.5in screen would be kind of small for the touch screen when closed but they could have been aiming for a different target market (think sideways slider, etc), or then again it just could be that it's obviously not perfect and there's a reason it was discarded in some box........ (yeah, i'm giving OP benefit of the doubt for now but that's another topic lol)

if anything, it at least shows they were considering a slider somewhat recently (the modern-ness? of the design is obviously post-Torch)... we can only hope they canned the design for an even better slider...
    It's not a slider at all it's just a screen for a really big BlackBerry Q series prototype.

BlackBerry Woolly Mammoth?-windemere.jpg
    And this device may never even see the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:20 PM
    Yeah I hope it will come before the end of the year, second half for the q20 let's hope it'll be the first half of the second half of the year lol I lost myself. Q3 for the q20 with an announcement of the q30 for the q4 could be good for me.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe... Myself, I would prefer if it were released in the third quarter of this year.
    03-21-14 12:29 AM
    Nothing wrong with trying to change things up. Who knows? They may be on to the next big enterprise device? I'd love a keyboard under a permanent landscape screen myself. It would be the only thing to tear me away from the Z series.
    Really up in the air with only one piece of the device present in the photo though.