In case this has not been posted on CB yet, I just saw this news today:

Android-based BlackBerry Venice to be launched by T-Mobile
    08-08-15 09:27 PM
    I surely am hopping tmobile gets both the silver passport and the slider at some point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-15 09:32 PM
    Likewise. My TMO Q10 is two years this month already. Although there is nothing wrong with my phone, i'm looking to upgrade to Passport. However, this slider seems tempting, although I'm not really fond of sliders. If Venice runs BB10, or if there is a version of it running BB10, I might reconsider.

If BB phones can run android, what's the probability that they run on IOS and Windows too?
    08-08-15 09:42 PM
    QNX (blackberry OS) is linux just like android that's why they work together. They could put windows on a phone but that is not going to happen anytime soon since it's not open source and it's an entirely different animal. Nothing runs ios except for apple devices, they control hardware and software so that is never going to happen unless apple buys blackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:34 PM
    Why they choose snapdragon 808, and not 810?

Posted via bb :P
    08-08-15 10:45 PM

Cost I'm sure. I'm really hoping it's not android with blackberry features as it won't stand the test of time like every other blackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:00 PM

Snapdragon 810 is a failed model. It overheats and downclocks itself. Real world performance is a LOT worse than 808. Blackberry isn't the only one who chose it over 810. Here's a great video about it:

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor and liveonparadise like this.
    08-09-15 12:06 AM
    Hopefully with BB10 and Google Play services and not full Android. Hopefully BlackBerry announces this early September at the latest with a soon release date. November is too late IMHO. They need to start leaking substantially too, because I think a lot of Z users will be looking at the upcoming iPhone and Note events, like myself, and evaluating them to leave BlackBerry, especially with all the Android talk happening too.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 07:58 AM
    Snapdragon 810 is a failed model. It overheats and downclocks itself. Real world performance is a LOT worse than 808. Blackberry isn't the only one who chose it over 810. Here's a great video about it:

Posted via CB10
    So, he had been tweeting for 10-20 minutes in the cab, and then he tried to open Google Maps to see an address,.. and his LG 'flagship' with supposedly super specs was stuttering (presumably because it was overheating).

Not sure why it's even overheating in the first place, but ... sounds like something is very wrong with the programming behind the two apps and/or the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:41 AM
    It's known to be the chip that has the issues. Doubt Google Maps and Twitter are to blame when they've been running fine since dual core days.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 12:54 PM
    So, he had been tweeting for 10-20 minutes in the cab, and then he tried to open Google Maps to see an address,.. and his LG 'flagship' with supposedly super specs was stuttering (presumably because it was overheating).

Not sure why it's even overheating in the first place, but ... sounds like something is very wrong with the programming behind the two apps and/or the OS.

Posted via CB10
    did you watch the video? he runs benchmarks quite a few times and the performance degrades quite a lot after each one
    08-09-15 01:29 PM
    did you watch the video? he runs benchmarks quite a few times and the performance degrades quite a lot after each one
    I did, that's how I heard his story at the end about how he experienced the issue in 'real life'.

Just surprised that twitter for 20 minutes and Google maps are even close to a challenge for (even a poor performing) multi-core high end processor.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:41 PM
    I did, that's how I heard his story at the end about how he experienced the issue in 'real life'.

Just surprised that twitter for 20 minutes and Google maps are even close to a challenge for (even a poor performing) multi-core high end processor.

Posted via CB10
    i believe using gps overheats any phone
    08-09-15 01:55 PM
    i believe using gps overheats any phone
    So maybe too many cores then... ah well, too late to take into consideration real life mobile device environments.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 03:08 PM
    QNX (blackberry OS) is linux just like android that's why they work together. They could put windows on a phone but that is not going to happen anytime soon since it's not open source and it's an entirely different animal. Nothing runs ios except for apple devices, they control hardware and software so that is never going to happen unless apple buys blackberry

Posted via CB10
    no QNX is not like Linux. Completely different tech, but it is possible to run Android on top of QNX yes.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 03:14 PM
    Looks like I may have to pass on this as much as I wanted it. If T Mobile is the only carrier this is going to be released on, I will not give up Verizon to go TMobile. AT&T maybe, but not TMobile. Been there, done that
    08-09-15 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    What? QNX is not Linux. In fact they're as far as can be. Also Windows is on phones, Windows 10 mobile shares the Windows NT kernel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-10-15 05:36 AM
    Looks like I may have to pass on this as much as I wanted it. If T Mobile is the only carrier this is going to be released on, I will not give up Verizon to go TMobile. AT&T maybe, but not TMobile. Been there, done that
    It had already been reported as going to AT&T. This is about it *also* going to Tmobile (i.e. Not an AT&T "exclusive")

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 09:03 AM
    It had already been reported as going to AT&T. This is about it *also* going to Tmobile (i.e. Not an AT&T "exclusive")

Posted via CB10
    Thank you AnimalPak200. I can always count on you.... Looks like it will be AT&T for me being that Verizon is snubbing BB or BB is snubbing Verizon
    08-10-15 10:24 AM