Do you think BB will ever come out with a device that has both touch screen and a full keyboard? My Girlfriend has a palm that has both features and that is one **** of a handheld device. I need to have a full keyboard, I can't deal with just touch like the storm or the iphone. I sure hope BB will go this direction one day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 05:15 PM
    I'm not a huge fan of touch screen. I would love a bigger screen though.

08-28-09 06:21 PM
    I don't know why u would want a touch screen with a slide out keyboard, maybe its just me.

08-28-09 09:00 PM
    Nice idea but no. That's already been done so why would they go back and do that. I an no fan of touch screen, but there's a lot of people out there that is.
    08-28-09 09:50 PM
    It doesn't have to be a slide out keyboard it can be like the Bold but the screen touch, there are rumors about a device coming like this in the future but nothing is written in stone...
    08-28-09 09:59 PM
    There's a rumor that a device called the blackberry magnum would come out with a touch screen and a full qwerty keyboard. They said the magnum would replace the bold

08-28-09 10:09 PM
    Hasn't this been asked in a few other places?
    08-28-09 11:54 PM
    Maybe it's just me but I love the concept of trackball on Berry devices. I wouldn't replace that for a touchscreen.
    08-29-09 12:10 AM
    Hasn't this been asked in a few other places?
    Yes...

10 char

08-29-09 12:24 AM
    Maybe it's just me but I love the concept of trackball on Berry devices. I wouldn't replace that for a touchscreen.
    And what does a trackball have to do with touchscreen? Both can be done I tandem.

Trackball is overrated. It's the bringer of most 'issues' I've had with my phone.

08-29-09 12:26 AM
    And what does a trackball have to do with touchscreen? Both can be done I tandem.

Trackball is overrated. It's the bringer of most 'issues' I've had with my phone.

Oh sorry about your issues, I have my curve since January and my trackball serves me well so far. Why would you need a trackball if you have touchscreen? Well like I said, it's just me.
    08-29-09 12:54 AM
    Done properly this is something I think I'd like to see--notice I said done properly.

Sometimes touch-screen access can be faster and quite handy. However I wouldn't want them to remove trackball-access for those scenarios to where you HAVE to use it. Thing is, with trackball access your fingers stay parked at the keyboard, you don't have to keep moving your hand back & forth from the keyboard to the screen.

Also, the option to disable the touch-screen so it won't initiate in your holster/pocket etc would be essential, I think.

08-29-09 08:59 AM
    I don't mean slide out keyboard, I was talking about something like the palm centro. And I would never want BB to get rid of the trackball, that is one of the coolset things about the berry that set it apart. I just like the. Idea of being able to choose either keyboard, trackball or touch. All that being said I am hooked on BB. Especially taking into consideration sprint gave me the phone free to keep me as a customer. I think I just might purchase the newest coolest berry when I get another upgrade. Why not?

08-30-09 12:09 AM
    I love the concept of the trackball. However, I have had my Curve for 1.5 years. And I have have had to have my trackball replaced twice. It begins to stick then freezes. I have been told that the ridges on the ball wear off and therefore stop working properly. Just like on an old computer mouse. When is the curve coming out with a touch pad or an infrared eye?...Like on the new mouses and laptops.
    08-30-09 05:41 AM
    Do you think BB will ever come out with a device that has both touch screen and a full keyboard? My Girlfriend has a palm that has both features and that is one **** of a handheld device. I need to have a full keyboard, I can't deal with just touch like the storm or the iphone. I sure hope BB will go this direction one day!

Basically, there is a current thread about what you ask:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/wi...device-300760/
    08-30-09 09:17 AM
    There is a thread for the BOLD replacement, quite a big title...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/bo...master-276578/
    08-30-09 12:47 PM
    So the bold replacement is going to have both a touchscreen and a full keyboard, not slide out or touch keyboard,? If so that's great news. If not then I would appreciate all the wanna be know it alls to mind there own freakin business.

09-03-09 08:43 AM
    A Bold with a touchscreen? That would be fascinating. I read on CB a while back about
    The Magnum being that device.
    09-07-09 01:46 AM
    I don't mean slide out keyboard, I was talking about something like the palm centro. And I would never want BB to get rid of the trackball, that is one of the coolset things about the berry that set it apart. I just like the. Idea of being able to choose either keyboard, trackball or touch. All that being said I am hooked on BB. Especially taking into consideration sprint gave me the phone free to keep me as a customer. I think I just might purchase the newest coolest berry when I get another upgrade. Why not?

I respect your feeling...the new trackpad seems like it'll make its way to future Berries when it proves a sufficient replacement...touch plus track ball/pad + qwerty...now that's a hybrid worth investing in.

09-08-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD