08-22-14 12:08 PM
67 123
tools
    And the problem of the Password will be the keyboard with no symbols. That's why lots of people it's asking for a slider.

We need to wait to test the new Passport touch keyboard to see how it works. Someone has a video testing the keyboard of Passport?
    The problem with the Q10 is the reliability of the keypad. I would not be buying a Q10. They have to make a reliable product. I would not be an early buyer of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:48 AM
    Given a choice I think a lot of people would have chosen a larger Torch over the Passport.

At this point... I don't see yet another BB10 form factor being added to the lineup. But then no form factor has been enough of a success yet for a device to even get an upgrade., so I wouldn't count a slider out.
    Bbnivende and Tim Heard like this.
    07-24-14 09:09 AM
    Petitioning John Chen

Release a Blackberry 10 Slider

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition...erry-10-slider
    You don't have to petition it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 05:51 AM
    A slider or a flip phone still could be a nice thing... BlackBerry doesn't need to sell millions of them. They just should make a small amount of them and see how they are doing.

It's the basis of BlackBerry to have a lot of different form factors. think of Torch, Storm, Pearl, Style,...
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-01-14 06:12 AM
    I think the fact that there is only 65 signatures speaks for itself.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-05-14 03:24 PM
    I'd buy a slider phone. I loved my Red Torch 9800. I gave up on it because I thought it would be great to have a BB10 device but I still charge it sometimes and use it because I loved having the best of both worlds, or maybe three (keyboard, touchscreen and trackpad).

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-05-14 08:52 PM
    While it is a low number of signatures, as someone who signed it, I will never sign another one because now I get spam from that site. This could certainly contribute as many people dislike signing up with any new/one-time services.
    There is evidence within the CB community that people want a new slider, and with the Passport generating so much attention maybe "new" form factors is exactly what BlackBerry needs to attract some new consumers. I'm tired of seeing block shaped slab phones, I can't imagine how the users feel after so many years, maybe it's time for new cool shaped phones. Tech is no longer rapidly evolving, it's matured to a point that it will only be incremental and not enough to inspire a new phone each year, so consumers will want something new, exciting and different.

BB for Life
    08-06-14 05:00 PM
    I can't remember if I signed it or not. I remember being hesitant to for exactly that reason. If I did, I think I probably created a junk email address.

While it is a low number of signatures, as someone who signed it, I will never sign another one because now I get spam from that site. This could certainly contribute as many people dislike signing up with any new/one-time services.
    There is evidence within the CB community that people want a new slider, and with the Passport generating so much attention maybe "new" form factors is exactly what BlackBerry needs to attract some new consumers. I'm tired of seeing block shaped slab phones, I can't imagine how the users feel after so many years, maybe it's time for new cool shaped phones. Tech is no longer rapidly evolving, it's matured to a point that it will only be incremental and not enough to inspire a new phone each year, so consumers will want something new, exciting and different.

BB for Life
    08-07-14 02:27 PM
    I recently purchased an unlocked white torch 8. Works great. Only cost 125 dollars from Wal-Mart.
    08-11-14 11:54 AM
    Don't you guys think it is time for a new torch? If Blackberry merged the Blackberry q10 and the blackberry z10 making it is a slider, they wouldn't have as much financial trouble they are facing now. I won't buy another blackberry after my q10 unless they make the next phone a slider. I'll move on to the iphone 6.
    Is it just me or "I'd ditch BlackBerry for iPhone 6 if BB won't release qwerty slider" a bit strange? I mean, it would be ok to ditch BB for an Android qwerty slider or something, but for a touch-only phone...
    08-12-14 12:34 AM
    Yep. Definitely sounds strange.
    I totally want a BB slider. ... Have practically been begging for one. But will likely end up getting the Passport instead.
    I'm not one of those people who is excited about the option. No matter how good the Passport might be it will be less
    useful to me than a slider.

Is it just me or "I'd ditch BlackBerry for iPhone 6 if BB won't release qwerty slider" a bit strange? I mean, it would be ok to ditch BB for an Android qwerty slider or something, but for a touch-only phone...
    marameansdemon likes this.
    08-12-14 01:27 PM
    You do realize that the Q10 has exactly the same screen size as the torch did? I just measured diagonally the two of them. The Q10 also has a much higher resolution than the Torch did and a far more responsive touch experience making the experience far more pleasant.

I had the Torch and it was nice, the build quality was excellent, but I found having to slide the screen out to access a decent but second -rate by BlackBerry standards keyboard to be a bit of a nuisance. I was thrilled to go back to the 9790 and ultimately the Q10. The Passport is a much better move than a slider at this point, but I think we will see a slider again one day.

Everything old is new again. The Passport is about the same size as those early BlackBerry phones from years ago.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 291832
    08-19-14 03:58 PM
    BTW, it helps if you reply with a quote, so people know who you're addressing.

I think the Torch was a piece of crap. The screen was too small, as was the keyboard. Also, at least in early models that I checked out, the slide mechanism seemed to be poorly designed, and I was concerned that the phone wouldn't hold together long after I got it home.

When I think of the slider phone I want, it would be something like the Z30 in size, but with a slide-out keyboard. ... More like a Dell Venue Pro (which I currently use) but with better hardware. In my opinion, the Passport couldn't touch the value of a good BlackBerry slider phone with a large screen and a good keyboard. It wouldn't even be close. ... And that's assuming that the Passport lives up to all of the positive expectations.

You do realize that the Q10 has exactly the same screen size as the torch did? I just measured diagonally the two of them. The Q10 also has a much higher resolution than the Torch did and a far more responsive touch experience making the experience far more pleasant.

I had the Torch and it was nice, the build quality was excellent, but I found having to slide the screen out to access a decent but second -rate by BlackBerry standards keyboard to be a bit of a nuisance. I was thrilled to go back to the 9790 and ultimately the Q10. The Passport is a much better move than a slider at this point, but I think we will see a slider again one day.

Everything old is new again. The Passport is about the same size as those early BlackBerry phones from years ago.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 291832
    08-20-14 08:12 AM
    BTW, it helps if you reply with a quote, so people know who you're addressing.

I think the Torch was a piece of crap. The screen was too small, as was the keyboard. Also, at least in early models that I checked out, the slide mechanism seemed to be poorly designed, and I was concerned that the phone wouldn't hold together long after I got it home.

When I think of the slider phone I want, it would be something like the Z30 in size, but with a slide-out keyboard. ... More like a Dell Venue Pro (which I currently use) but with better hardware. In my opinion, the Passport couldn't touch the value of a good BlackBerry slider phone with a large screen and a good keyboard. It wouldn't even be close. ... And that's assuming that the Passport lives up to all of the positive expectations.
    The problem with a slider with a good sized screen is the length of the device when the keyboard is out and the bulk of the device. I think with a great design these ergonomic issues may be overcome.

The issue for BlackBerry is that a slider would just take away sales from their other keyboard phones rather than bringing in new converts.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:08 PM
    How do we know it would? There's no empirical evidence on the topic at all.
    With respect to ergonomics, I can tell you that there's no problem at all with the mechanics of using the Dell Venue Pro, and I personally think it would benefit from an even larger screen.
    It's currently a little larger than an iPhone screen.

Blackberry Torch BB10-dell-venue-pro-review2-300x225.jpg

The problem with a slider with a good sized screen is the length of the device when the keyboard is out and the bulk of the device. I think with a great design these ergonomic issues may be overcome.

The issue for BlackBerry is that a slider would just take away sales from their other keyboard phones rather than bringing in new converts.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:12 AM
    How do we know it would? There's no empirical evidence on the topic at all.
    With respect to ergonomics, I can tell you that there's no problem at all with the mechanics of using the Dell Venue Pro, and I personally think it would benefit from an even larger screen.
    It's currently a little larger than an iPhone screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dell-Venue-Pro-review2-300x225.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	292533
    This is what one review had to say.

"Getting back to the actual hardware, the first thing you notice about the Venue Pro is the shear size of the thing. It?s tall enough with the keyboard shut, but when you open it the phone feels a bit like holding a skyscraper in your palm - it?s a full 162mm tall. The sliding mechanism adds a fair bit of weight and bulk to the handset too, and the large screen means it?s also quite wide. As a result it?s not always the most comfortable phone to hold. "

The Dell was also considerably thicker and heavier than most contemporary phones.

What might be interesting is a Passport design Keyboard but with a 16:9 aspect ratio screen. It would be much thinner and lighter than a slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:23 AM
    All I can say is that, having used the DVP for 3 years now, I'd buy another with the exact same dimensions if it had somewhat better hardware and a better battery life. I'd buy one with larger dimensions, in every respect, including thickness. ... It is not cumbersome to use at all.

This is what one review had to say.

"Getting back to the actual hardware, the first thing you notice about the Venue Pro is the shear size of the thing. It?s tall enough with the keyboard shut, but when you open it the phone feels a bit like holding a skyscraper in your palm - it?s a full 162mm tall. The sliding mechanism adds a fair bit of weight and bulk to the handset too, and the large screen means it?s also quite wide. As a result it?s not always the most comfortable phone to hold. "

The Dell was also considerably thicker and heavier than most contemporary phones.

What might be interesting is a Passport design Keyboard but with a 16:9 aspect ratio screen. It would be much thinner and lighter than a slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 12:08 PM
67 123