<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
08-22-14 12:08 PM
67 123
tools
    A 5' screen BB10 Slider with the tool belt, AND a DOUBLE SIM CARD capability would be the ultimate phone for any business person.
    It would be the ULTIMATE "WORK-PLAY-BUSINESS- PERSONAL PHONE"
    Everywhere you go now, in meetings, conventions, at the office, most business people carry 2 phones (business and personal numbers).
    HERE is a NICHE !!
    04-30-14 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry would do very well by releasing a Torch Style BlackBerry 10 device. Though it better not be bent like how this picture is displayed.

Keep it basic, but innovative. Can you imagine a Full Screen Device with a Physical Keyboard if need be? Wow

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and Mr4aces like this.
    04-30-14 06:07 PM
    A 5' screen BB10 Slider with the tool belt, AND a DOUBLE SIM CARD capability would be the ultimate phone for any business person.
    It would be the ULTIMATE "WORK-PLAY-BUSINESS- PERSONAL PHONE"
    Everywhere you go now, in meetings, conventions, at the office, most business people carry 2 phones (business and personal numbers). HERE is a NICHE !!
    The dual-sim idea is intriguing: the ultimate BYOD device: when you are using the Balance "Work" profile, your calls and data are routed through the "work sim" and when you're using "Home" profile, they go through your personal sim... but the user gets the full keyboard / belt efficiency of BlackBerry devices, plus all the fun and gaming power of a full slab touchscreen in one package.

That would knock BYOD right on its keister. Sufficiently powerful to run Android apps as well as a Nexus 5, Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8, and preloaded with Amazon App Store and / or Snap.

WE HAVE A WEENER!
    Sarawla likes this.
    05-01-14 01:23 PM
    If you want a physical screen that is large, and a physical keyboard, then portability is less important to you than display and input.

If your priority is screen size and a physical keyboard, try a 7 inch tablet with a keyboard case. You can still carry em around easy enough.

Although, they could make some nice 6-6.8 inch tablet/phablets with keyboard cases (and "they" don't.).

I think many people get confused about smart phones, and don't realize they are mentally crossing over into tablet/phablet land. Once you get over 5 inches, (really 4.5 IMO, or greater than 150 grams IMO), pocketability has long stopped your main agenda. Indeed, or its form match for being a phone. Once your there, you may as well just go a bit bigger - get a proper fold out keyboard, and a decently readable screen (which yes, while one handed to hold, needs a lap or desk to type - but do you seriously think a 5+ inch touch screen device with a slide qwerty is going to be easy to use? You'll need two hands and it will be akward as heck - and slow typing - a flip keyboard would make much more sense, and if your there, as I say, you may as well be talking tablet)

The only issue I can see with the phablet level market, is that the 5.5.-6.8 inch ones are often pretending to be phones, and pretending to be pocketable. They should be presenting themselves as tablets - things you can fit in your purse or inner jacket pocket, with keyboard cases, hdmi output, larger usb and microsd capability etc - as more portable computers, rather than as less portable phones.

That just under 7 inch mark could be a perfect compromise zone - JUST small enough to inner jacket pocket it, but big enough to actually read, and use easily as a consumption and input device - as a computer (rather than a phone).

Just as just around the 4.5 or so inch mark is perfect for still being a good sized phone and pocketable, but still readable/useable as a computer if your not using it that much (admitedly painful to type on--- unless you use swype on landscape). At under about 6.5 inches, things are hard to read anyway, only slight variations - people don't hold their smart phones like books, they hold them like people who have poor eyesight hold books, closer to the eyes.

All IMO, but ive given this more thought than most.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-01-14 at 11:06 PM.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-01-14 10:40 PM
    I still love my Torch, and would love it to be the future...the concept of it being the BB10. They will need to provide more depth and space for the key height so the keys function more like the Curve keys did. They sacrificed height due to the slider. Using the ALT key to type numbers isn't easy on the Torch. The touch screen is terrific and a full size. I currently have the Torch and a Samsung Note 2 as well .I would toss the Note to the street for a BB10 Torch slider, with a deep enough well for the keys. Tool belt/ a must -Bring it on.
    Doggerz and Sarawla like this.
    05-02-14 01:15 AM
    Personally I think the era of the slider is done. The keyboard is a very small niche market at this point. I think the slider would be an even smaller niche.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-03-14 04:21 AM
    Personally I think the era of the slider is done. The keyboard is a very small niche market at this point. I think the slider would be an even smaller niche.

I get BlackBerry wanting to keep a keyboard phone to retain that segment of the market. However, BlackBerry need to realize that touch is the way forward.

05-03-14 04:22 AM
    I'm still using a BB Torch 9800 for work. 3-4 days battery receiving and sending mails all the day, love it and still waiting as lot of people here for a BB10 slider.

I read here the slider it's dead. The combination of fixed keyboard with little screens (with touch screen or not) should be on the graveyard before the sliders and BB it's releasing new classic phones yet. Windermere will do something different, big screen and little keyboard. So, why not a new slider?

Physical keyboards are long distance ago from touch screens when you're typing a lot in a day. Less typos and more speed typing long texts.
    Sarawla likes this.
    06-10-14 10:25 AM
    Id be all over this. I love the slider

Something Sexy like this.
    Attachment 262920

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 10:26 AM
    I have been hoping and praying for a BB10 Torch. I loved my 9810 and would instantly buy a new Torch out of contract as it was the ultimate form factor.

I think it could really interest new customers who enjoy the benefits of a full size touchscreen, but have grown weary of the downfalls of it- mainly typing long messages and emails, and text selection.

Solve this common problem with a nice sized touchscreen slider featuring the predictive BB10 keyboard, the toolbelt, and a great physical keyboard.

Bring back the Slider, it will set BlackBerry apart and offer a true powerhouse device with all the benefits of both a slab and a qwerty device

BB for Life
    06-10-14 12:36 PM
    A 4.5 inch slider could be done but it would be thick and heavy but not so wide. It sure would be neat if some BB insider who actually tried out the Milan prototype could let us know how it was. Effectively, the Q30 is your big screen Qwerty so its is either that or go with the 3.5 inch Q20.
    06-10-14 01:25 PM
    A 4.5 inch slider could be done but it would be thick and heavy but not so wide. It sure would be neat if some BB insider who actually tried out the Milan prototype could let us know how it was. Effectively, the Q30 is your big screen Qwerty so its is either that or go with the 3.5 inch Q20.
    A Q25... with a 4 inch screen, full bold keyboard and no toolbelt. This phone, in my opinion ,would be better than a slider.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 01:50 PM
    Then move already because its not happening

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    mkelley65 likes this.
    06-12-14 01:31 AM
    Torch 9810 had a 4G version with north/south slider.

Maybe a west/east slider is considered in future?
    06-29-14 12:08 AM
    Now that BlackBerry is willing to incorporate tool belts into BB10 devices, that Blade concept is looking pretty good right about now

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:33 PM
    With BlackBerry emphasizing keyboards I guess anything is possible.

07-01-14 10:57 AM
    I have had a Torch 9800 and 9810, it is my understanding that AT&T encouraged BlackBerry to make the. Slider/Torch.
    07-01-14 12:44 PM
    Petitioning John Chen

Release a Blackberry 10 Slider

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition...erry-10-slider
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-07-14 02:18 AM
    I'd go for the things that were good about the Torch - that it was a slider phone ...
    without the things that were lame about the Torch - that the screen was small and they keyboard was cramped.

So, what I really want is a BlackBerry Manitoba with a slide-out keyboard. And while the Passport keyboard is
    likely to be very cool and innovative, my preference would be for a more traditional, firm, well-spaced keyboard
    that also has symbols and numbers printed on the keys. They could go nuts with whatever virtual keyboard they
    want to provide when they keyboard isn't extended.

Awesome cameras and speakers would be a nice bonus.

As an extra bonus, it should come with a dummy terminal that's like a tablet.

Yeah, I'm dreaming on every point. We have begged BlackBerry for a slider for a long time. They appear not to be listening.
    07-09-14 04:08 PM
    I'd go for the things that were good about the Torch - that it was a slider phone ...
    without the things that were lame about the Torch - that the screen was small and they keyboard was cramped.

So, what I really want is a BlackBerry Manitoba with a slide-out keyboard. And while the Passport keyboard is
    likely to be very cool and innovative, my preference would be for a more traditional, firm, well-spaced keyboard
    that also has symbols and numbers printed on the keys. They could go nuts with whatever virtual keyboard they
    want to provide when they keyboard isn't extended.

Awesome cameras and speakers would be a nice bonus.

As an extra bonus, it should come with a dummy terminal that's like a tablet.

Yeah, I'm dreaming on every point. We have begged BlackBerry for a slider for a long time. They appear not to be listening.
    Asking or begging BlackBerry for a slider isn't the issue. The issue is profitability. Sliders aren't going to make any money so BlackBerry aren't going to make one simply because some of the BlackBerry faithful beg them to make it. Sorry.

07-12-14 09:54 AM
    Just to get my vote in, I would buy one! Just make the keyboard bigger than it was on my 9800. Q10 with a Z10 screen!

Hind sight being 20/20 I think they should have released the Q10 first then the Z30 and the Z10 as a slider. But call it the S10.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:31 PM
    There has been some previous discussion on this subject. A case has been made, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how strong an argument it is, that production costs for sliders aren't all that much more than for normal slab phones. (Will see if I can find a link.) Certainly individuals who like slider phones would pay a premium for them that would probably offset or at least equal the extra cost.

The issue, as I see it, is really the appeal of the form factor, and the potential market. There has been a lot of discussion about people who left BlackBerry because they wanted large touch screen phones, yet they still would like to have phones with physical keyboards. Nothing that BlackBerry has subsequently produced has offered both a large touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard. (Until the Passport, which some will argue may not be the keyboard experience that many are hoping for.) There is, of course, the Classic, but the size of the Classic's keyboard really is nothing to brag about.

Especially since BlackBerry is now outsourcing a lot of phone production to Foxconn, it would seem like they could very inexpensively release a new product like a slider, without a danger of being left with unsold inventory. Even if they ran a relatively small initial release of a few hundred thousand devices, they could immediately determine the true demand, and ramp up further production, if needed.

Asking or begging BlackBerry for a slider isn't the issue. The issue is profitability. Sliders aren't going to make any money so BlackBerry aren't going to make one simply because some of the BlackBerry faithful beg them to make it. Sorry.

07-14-14 10:27 AM
    There has been some previous discussion on this subject. A case has been made, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how strong an argument it is, that production costs for sliders aren't all that much more than for normal slab phones. (Will see if I can find a link.) Certainly individuals who like slider phones would pay a premium for them that would probably offset or at least equal the extra cost.

The issue, as I see it, is really the appeal of the form factor, and the potential market. There has been a lot of discussion about people who left BlackBerry because they wanted large touch screen phones, yet they still would like to have phones with physical keyboards. Nothing that BlackBerry has subsequently produced has offered both a large touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard. (Until the Passport, which some will argue may not be the keyboard experience that many are hoping for.) There is, of course, the Classic, but the size of the Classic's keyboard really is nothing to brag about.

Especially since BlackBerry is now outsourcing a lot of phone production to Foxconn, it would seem like they could very inexpensively release a new product like a slider, without a danger of being left with unsold inventory. Even if they ran a relatively small initial release of a few hundred thousand devices, they could immediately determine the true demand, and ramp up further production, if needed.
    The problem with the Classic is not the keyboard size it is the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 10:30 PM
    And the problem of the Password will be the keyboard with no symbols. That's why lots of people it's asking for a slider.

We need to wait to test the new Passport touch keyboard to see how it works. Someone has a video testing the keyboard of Passport?
    Tim Heard likes this.
    07-16-14 02:40 AM
    07-24-14 07:46 AM
67 123