08-22-14 01:08 PM
67 123
tools
    Don't you guys think it is time for a new torch? If Blackberry merged the Blackberry q10 and the blackberry z10 making it is a slider, they wouldn't have as much financial trouble they are facing now. I won't buy another blackberry after my q10 unless they make the next phone a slider. I'll move on to the iphone 6.
    04-13-14 06:17 PM
    A north/south slider would be perfect, the best of both worlds. IPhone 6, not even close.
    joejuck likes this.
    04-13-14 06:21 PM
    Something Sexy like this.
    Blackberry Torch BB10-blackberry-blade-main-650x0.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:39 PM
    I totally agree that a blackberry north/south slider would be amazing. Just mentioned I may go for an iphone 6, due to the small screen on the blackberry q10. The android emulation also is bad at the moment, due to the blackberry's poor gpu, and the cpu is only mediocre to decent. Most people who bought the z10 or the q10 in my opinion would love a new torch.
    04-14-14 08:16 AM
    I've been saying this from the start. Would be way better than all touch or qwerty with a small screen. It would be something no one else has.

I can't be the only one who wishes they had a physical keyboard but also a nice big screen.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    KDB84, RyanGermann and janjan11 like this.
    04-14-14 08:45 AM
    I'd buy that immediately if it came out.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz, KDB84 and Tim Heard like this.
    04-14-14 08:47 AM
    Yup, I'm in the BB10-Torch camp. I wasn't really expecting to see it (as I guess it's viewed as a niche phone, even within BB) but with JC's comments about focusing on keyboard devices (not solely, but giving them some more attention) I've got a little bit of renewed hope. . . I just hope they don't do something with a 5" screen. Z10 form-factor with a slide out keyboard (north-south; don't like the landscape versions), even a little thicker to accommodate a larger battery, but a Q10-like keyboard and I'm all over it.
    jakie55 likes this.
    04-14-14 10:34 AM
    Since there won't be a new Z50 or Z that comes to light, due to a "keyboard only" CEO, to differentiate devices it seems plausible that there will be a north/south slider that combines a Z with a Q20.
    phuoc likes this.
    04-22-14 11:16 PM
    I would would trade in my Z30 for a BB10 torch.
    04-23-14 03:35 PM
    Attachment 265116
    Now that makes sense to me the best of both worlds and utilising that curve body....sweet when can I buy one? I might even consider skipping the BlackBerry Classic for that beauty.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2234
    Tim Heard likes this.
    04-23-14 03:44 PM
    Would this be considered a "Classic" if it did come out?? BlackBerry Torch-Classic??

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234 "the iPhone Nemesis"
    04-23-14 03:45 PM
    A new Blackberry Torch would be very welcome. Not only was the form factor near-perfect ( in comparison to the horizontal qwerty devices ),
    it also leaves you with enough space for a big battery, nice big full hd screen ( think 4.5 inch ), and the trackpad of course, featuring the best OS of all time ......... OS10. Wow. Just wow.
    04-25-14 11:23 AM
    Since there won't be a new Z50 or Z that comes to light, due to a "keyboard only" CEO, to differentiate devices it seems plausible that there will be a north/south slider that combines a Z with a Q20.
    Chen never said they were going to do keyboards only.

That said, I'd go for that imaginary "Blade" concept posted above.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:18 PM
    I've been waiting for a BB10 Torch for a full year now. I'm still on my old BB7 Torch2 right now but my contract is up this month. I want to give Blackberry my money so bad, but I don't want to be locked into a 2 year contract on a device that doesn't suit me (Z/Q line) if there's any hope for a Torch release.
    04-25-14 08:26 PM
    Hello yes when can I throw my money at one!

I'd buy that immediately if it came out.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 09:57 PM
    I would would trade in my Z30 for a BB10 torch.
    I would trade a Nexus 5, a Z30, an iPhone 5S and a Z10 for a portrait slider BB10 super phone with the Belt and at least a 5" screen

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:44 PM
    Yep. I'm in the Torch (vert slider) camp too. I Loved loved loved my Torch, and many friends I know are stinn holding on.

The one reason I bought the Torch was the 'best of both worlds.' and also they did great marketing. I saw advertisements for it all over nyc back then: "Business and Fun in one form factor" one said I saw.

I am the q10 and keep hoping one day they will say they are coming out with a slider. And if they can 'truly' bring to production some similar to the Blade concept, you people - not just Berry Birds will greatly take notice.

I have also never understood how those against sliders say the are flimsy or break. I never had a case on my phone dropped a few times and only a paint scratch. Too heavy (some say). Personally, I liked a little weight it felt like a phone. Come on it's not as if it's a bowling ball! :+)

So hopefully they see some of the comments and that is a market. In a heartbeat I'd go for one! And given the option I think many other people would also because they, again, not have to give up their touch screen but now they have. Bonus physical keyboard.

I'd prefer the Slider over the Classic release!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 11:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-blade-main-650x0.jpg 
Views:	4408 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	262920

Posted via CB10
    I would love this phone!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    chgaida and Tim Heard like this.
    04-27-14 01:34 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but unless BlackBerry make a miraculous turn around in selling phones then you ain't going to see another BlackBerry slider again, as much as you might plead and wish for one.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    mkelley65 likes this.
    04-27-14 02:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-blade-main-650x0.jpg 
Views:	4408 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	262920

Posted via CB10
    I hope it's not like that, it's too ugly!
    But the size will be good

Posted via CB10 - Q5
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-27-14 02:11 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but unless BlackBerry make a miraculous turn around in selling phones then you ain't going to see another BlackBerry slider again, as much as you might plead and wish for one.

Well unless you are high up in Blackberry that is just your opinion. My opinion is Blackberry needs to figure a way to get back the lost users while gaining new users as well. I think this is part of the reason for bringing back the trackpad. Something like this could start the spark and the turn around, they really need to do something big at some point. I love my BB9810 work phone, and if they made a new slider with good specs I would consider coming back to BB for my personal phone as well.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    04-27-14 02:23 PM

Well unless you are high up in Blackberry that is just your opinion. My opinion is Blackberry needs to figure a way to get back the lost users while gaining new users as well. I think this is part of the reason for bringing back the trackpad. Something like this could start the spark and the turn around, they really need to do something big at some point. I love my BB9810 work phone, and if they made a new slider with good specs I would consider coming back to BB for my personal phone as well.
    Well, true it is my opinion only. I claim no insight into the minds of the bigwigs at BlackBerry, but let's use a little grey matter here on this; BlackBerry have launched three BB10 phones so far which haven't set the world buzzing or having people clamouring to own them. They are going to just bring out another low end BlackBerry 10 also for the Asian market. And as sales so far have flopped they are hedging bets by bringing out a 'classic' BlackBerry phone which they hope will shore-up the lackluster sales of BB10 phones. So with all that going on doing you really think that at the moment they have a niche slider phone planned to release anytime soon? Logic must surely dictate not, but I am willing to be proven wrong here all the same.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    rottonj likes this.
    04-27-14 02:39 PM
    Well, true it is my opinion only. I claim no insight into the minds of the bigwigs at BlackBerry, but let's use a little grey matter here on this; BlackBerry have launched three BB10 phones so far which haven't set the world buzzing or having people clamouring to own them. They are going to just bring out another low end BlackBerry 10 also for the Asian market. And as sales so far have flopped they are hedging bets by bringing out a 'classic' BlackBerry phone which they hope will shore-up the lackluster sales of BB10 phones. So with all that going on doing you really think that at the moment they have a niche slider phone planned to release anytime soon? Logic must surely dictate not, but I am willing to be proven wrong here all the same.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Think, No. Hope, Yes. They need to do something, ship is sinking fast. Its a shame because the latest releases are most likely the best Blackberry phones they have ever produced, and they need to be better still. At some point drastic measures will have to be taken, they cant lay off any more employees so a better/different product is needed because the ones produced have not been the answer they were expecting.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 03:07 PM
    Yes Yes & yes, torch had great ergonomics and style

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-27-14 05:04 PM
    I think that a really well designed slider could actually be the phone that puts Blackberry back on the map. Every phone is now a block touchscreen. And, it makes sense - people have gotten used to the touchscreen, and most want a full screen in order to consume media: books, movies, webpages, etc. A full screen is needed.

However, the fact is that there are a number of people out there who would go for a keyboard phone if they could get the best of both worlds - keyboard and full screen. Hence, the portrait slide really make sense.

Next - take the fact that people do not mind big phones. In fact, phones are getting bigger and bigger. Phablets are catching on to those who don't need one handed use. And, if you look at more than 50% of the iPhone users (professionals anyway) - they all have a Mophie pack to get real battery life. So, the whole "my iphone is thin" bit may sell - but it is utterly bullsh!t. So, thicker phones are just fine. All of use care more for battery life, (Moto max anyone?) than "thin phones" - which are more fragile anyway.

So - the slider Torch, with the iconic toolbet - would be much appreciated by many. In my mind - Apple kept that stupid home button for a point. It is part of their brand. I think that the toolbelt is equally part of the BB brand, and could be positioned as "real buttons for real use".

I really think that a Torch could be a real marketing step forward.
    Tim Heard and RyanGermann like this.
    04-27-14 06:20 PM
67 123