06-09-10 09:40 PM
155 ... 34567
tools
    9540? 9580? May I ask where these numbers were pulled from? I'm not being critical, I've just been out of the rumor loop lately
    Nah, I am just incrementing the curent models by same factor as from S1 to S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:30 PM
    I love it when people quote themselves, lol. You're absolutely entitled to think whatever you want. The fact that you're plain wrong and embarrassing yourself is another issue
    Only thing embarrassing here is the fact you troll forums to make yourself feel big at others expense ....and that's to be expected by underage children using mommy and daddys screennames to post reply after reply. you're amusing only in that you think your opinion is gospel. *see also ( coat-tail-rider). If you have any facts to share to support your views then ill gladly accept your rimreligion. <~ waits while you take a month to gather more of your own opinions and label them fact.

05-26-10 06:48 PM
    Have you looked in the mirror, lately? I simply reacted to your ridiculous statement of "RIM=Epic Fail" along with your other comments about "subpar" operation. Period. Personally, I find your comments to be more in line from what I'd expect from my grandchildren. If you had paid ANY attention and even attempted to be level headed and open minded, you'd have seen my posts stating quite clearly (sorry, it was not written in crayon for you) that ALL phones have their pros and cons, RIM included. That does not sound like "RIM Religion" to me. If RIM is such an "Epic Fail" and offers such "sub-par" performance, why are you using them?

You are just another example of the .... oh heck, why am I even bothering to debate with you? I get more intelligent responses from the grandkids. Thanks for the morning laugh.

Only thing embarrassing here is the fact you troll forums to make yourself feel big at others expense ....and that's to be expected by underage children using mommy and daddys screennames to post reply after reply. you're amusing only in that you think your opinion is gospel. *see also ( coat-tail-rider). If you have any facts to share to support your views then ill gladly accept your rimreligion. <~ waits while you take a month to gather more of your own opinions and label them fact.

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 05-27-10 at 04:48 AM.
    05-27-10 04:31 AM
    Have you looked in the mirror, lately? I simply reacted to your ridiculous statement of "RIM=Epic Fail" along with your other comments about "subpar" operation. Period. Personally, I find your comments to be more in line from what I'd expect from my grandchildren. If you had paid ANY attention and even attempted to be level headed and open minded, you'd have seen my posts stating quite clearly (sorry, it was not written in crayon for you) that ALL phones have their pros and cons, RIM included. That does not sound like "RIM Religion" to me. If RIM is such an "Epic Fail" and offers such "sub-par" performance, why are you using them?

You are just another example of the .... oh heck, why am I even bothering to debate with you? I get more intelligent responses from the grandkids. Thanks for the morning laugh.
    Your repeated responses make me laugh too. Aarp member of the day lol

05-27-10 11:11 AM
    Um...perhaps you've not looked at all of your irrational posting of...........nothing? Followed by yet another post where you (attempt) to say something? Again, and I know, look in the mirror is a repeat, but children need to hear things over and over and over again in the hopes that at least some small percentage sinks in, but you're your own worst enemy.

That being said, I know you'll just HAVE to have the last word, as all children do, so go for it, I'm done with you, you're boring, childish and .... you get the gist. No need to go any further with you. I'm moving on.

Your repeated responses make me laugh too. Aarp member of the day lol

05-27-10 11:55 AM
    Um...perhaps you've not looked at all of your irrational posting of...........nothing? Followed by yet another post where you (attempt) to say something? Again, and I know, look in the mirror is a repeat, but children need to hear things over and over and over again in the hopes that at least some small percentage sinks in, but you're your own worst enemy.

That being said, I know you'll just HAVE to have the last word, as all children do, so go for it, I'm done with you, you're boring, childish and .... you get the gist. No need to go any further with you. I'm moving on.
    Thanks for the laughs energy. Love your insults too. Apparently when you insult ppl its not childish ? Lmao @ your own FAIL .. DANKE

05-27-10 12:50 PM
    This is almost as bad as a BOXXY fight. .

05-27-10 02:07 PM
    Sadly, you're correct. I'm finished, said my piece and as predicted, let him have his last word...otherwise, it goes on forever. Now, can we return to the topic at hand?

This is almost as bad as a BOXXY fight. .

05-27-10 02:12 PM
    Sadly, you're correct. I'm finished, said my piece and as predicted, let him have his last word...otherwise, it goes on forever. Now, can we return to the topic at hand?
    Agree to disagree? Lol believe it or not I wanted to love my Berry but its become a paperweight. Wasn't pushing iphone or droid over rims products just giving one persons perspective as we both have differing views. Indeed no need to carry on forever so ill respect your admiration of the device best suited for you (storm2) and ill wait for rim to push something more suited to myself. All that being said ...when will someone post any new concrete info on the new storm series? Has the flash integration caused the hold-up? Lastly to energy.... Are you planning to use the new storm should it arrive given the fact of how good your current phone works?

05-27-10 04:16 PM
    Honestly, Highlander (approaching this respectfully), I never said that I thought my Storm 2 was all that, or anything similar, nor even that RIM held any franchise on being the best. I'm neutral on the whole topic of phone choice. There are things about the iPhone that I like, and many things I don't like. As for the Droid, I'd have to say it the other way around, there's lots of things I don't like and a few that I do like (I'm not impressed with the displays at all, the OS is ok, I guess, to be fair, I'd have to play with it much more to be certain, but from the experience I have had, it's not my cup of tea). I do like BBs "in general" though there is certainly much to say against them. The Storm (both the 1 and now the 2) met my needs the best. Everyone has their own criteria for why they buy something (my new car choice was based primarily on reliability first, but then, the arm rest was hugely important, I hate those tiny, short arm rests, lol). I'm a photographer, display is very important to me. I also hate tiny, physical keyboards, I simply cannot adapt to them. Since I also hate AT&T, the iPhone was easy to dismiss. When the Storm 1 came out, I was all over it as it had the large, sharp display and, no keyboard. I like SurePress, it works great for me. I can't say for sure at the moment, but if RIM were to remove that, I might have to revisit the entire line of large screen devices all over again.

I am certainly anxious to check out the 3 if/when it is released. I want more memory and better web. Flash...well, I can take it or leave it, it's not a deal breaker for a phone choice. My phone is a utility device, not a primary computer.

My S2 is not without its problems, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It does what I need it to do and when I need it to do it. It displays my photograph samples quite nicely and helped when I had an impromptu meeting with a potential client. I don't worry about truncated emails, that's but a minor annoyance and if someone is sending me large files, I probably don't want to deal with it on my phone anyway.

I was reasonably happy with my 1, though the memory was bothersome, so yeah, I'm up for giving the 3 a chance. We'll just have to wait and see what it brings to the table. I honestly have no brand loyalty though I do depend on rapid delivery of emails in my job and I use my domain name for email, not gmail or something similar.
    05-27-10 05:46 PM
    Honestly, Highlander (approaching this respectfully), I never said that I thought my Storm 2 was all that, or anything similar, nor even that RIM held any franchise on being the best. I'm neutral on the whole topic of phone choice. There are things about the iPhone that I like, and many things I don't like. As for the Droid, I'd have to say it the other way around, there's lots of things I don't like and a few that I do like (I'm not impressed with the displays at all, the OS is ok, I guess, to be fair, I'd have to play with it much more to be certain, but from the experience I have had, it's not my cup of tea). I do like BBs "in general" though there is certainly much to say against them. The Storm (both the 1 and now the 2) met my needs the best. Everyone has their own criteria for why they buy something (my new car choice was based primarily on reliability first, but then, the arm rest was hugely important, I hate those tiny, short arm rests, lol). I'm a photographer, display is very important to me. I also hate tiny, physical keyboards, I simply cannot adapt to them. Since I also hate AT&T, the iPhone was easy to dismiss. When the Storm 1 came out, I was all over it as it had the large, sharp display and, no keyboard. I like SurePress, it works great for me. I can't say for sure at the moment, but if RIM were to remove that, I might have to revisit the entire line of large screen devices all over again.

I am certainly anxious to check out the 3 if/when it is released. I want more memory and better web. Flash...well, I can take it or leave it, it's not a deal breaker for a phone choice. My phone is a utility device, not a primary computer.

My S2 is not without its problems, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It does what I need it to do and when I need it to do it. It displays my photograph samples quite nicely and helped when I had an impromptu meeting with a potential client. I don't worry about truncated emails, that's but a minor annoyance and if someone is sending me large files, I probably don't want to deal with it on my phone anyway.

I was reasonably happy with my 1, though the memory was bothersome, so yeah, I'm up for giving the 3 a chance. We'll just have to wait and see what it brings to the table. I honestly have no brand loyalty though I do depend on rapid delivery of emails in my job and I use my domain name for email, not gmail or something similar.
    Well put...and I agree on most points. I only purchased the storm 1 via second hand information. I did not and still don't have internet at my disposal so doing much checking for flaws wasn't a easy option. I found it worked great early on ,but as I approach my 2year renewal, the phone spends more time with hourglasses of death and constant battery pulls. Never was a fan of the iphone and jury is still out on droid since its still a relative novelty phone. I simply wish RIM can produce a storm style phone with the WOW factor it deserves. Flashlite or 10.1 isn't a dealbreaker yet it would be nice. A browser up to par with the newer competition is sorely needed. The bbm is great and needs only tweeking. Again I agree with surepress..it is unique and can work just needs more attention to sensor accuracy. Any thoughts? High res screen like htc inc. On a storm? Just a thought I'd like to see happen but with a modernized blackberry o.s that flows less like a mac and more like a upgrade to the current o.s 5. Opinions?

05-27-10 06:28 PM
    High res screen like htc inc. On a storm? Just a thought I'd like to see happen but with a modernized blackberry o.s that flows less like a mac and more like a upgrade to the current o.s 5. Opinions?
    Nope. Higher resolution would only slow down the phone and kill the battery for such minimal gains on a small screen. The "HD" tag is just as big of a gimmick for smart phones as the 8MP cameras are.
    05-28-10 06:24 AM
    Nope. Higher resolution would only slow down the phone and kill the battery for such minimal gains on a small screen. The "HD" tag is just as big of a gimmick for smart phones as the 8MP cameras are.
    I have to disagree. if they want to sell the S3 as a media device than the higher res screen makes a lot of sense. Of course the main reason would be gaming, or video playback, both of which continue to be sub par on a BB. The other point would be that a higher res screen should not slow down the phone. On a bb it might, but again if RIM wants the S3 as a competitive multi media device than they have to make it so the OS flies while handling higher res graphics. I mean Android is now what, 5 times faster on 2.2 and it was already running circles around BB as far as speed.

Really the S3 is about competition, not what is necessary. The 9700 is there for this who want a strong business messaging utility with a few extras.

05-28-10 07:24 AM
    Agreed. With AT&T reporting that 40% of iPhones are for corporate uses, RIM need to step up their game. People are no longer seeing BBs as the best for their business and it will hurt RIM if that number jumps more.

The quote from the article is: "They are like having a laptop." My S1 can function as the same, but at that point it is maxing it's stats. The S3 needs to have more functionality and strong specs.

Who cares about battery life? As stated above, if you need messaging for business reasons and long battery life, there are other models out there. Lets get a bigger screen that's HD. Lets add more memory. Let's add a blazing fast processor. Lets put it on par with the iPhone.

Why not? What does RIM have to lose other than more ground to Android and Apple? Honestly, if RIM doesn't act quick it will find itself the same as Palm.
    05-28-10 08:22 AM
    When they're releasing it???
    06-01-10 10:01 PM
    When they're releasing it???
    I keep hearing December... i keep hearing 2011.
    06-01-10 11:07 PM
    I keep hearing December... i keep hearing 2011.
    2011 would be very disappointing. Especially with the way the droid seems to be creeping up on the market. I truly believe it would be December of this year I feel the 6.0 software plus great specs will put the storm right where it needs to be. Only if 6.0 is all its cracked up to be, and the new browser.

What would be a big help for RIM to do is try to get more developers involved to make more applications, because let's be honest the only thing the iphone and the droid are pushing are apps and speed. Besides that I don't think they could touch the reliability the BB software offers.

06-02-10 01:54 PM
    Android and Apple also have Stability and better memory management. Hopefully OS6 improves on that as well.

RIM is doing a lot to court app developers so hopefully by end of this year that will pay out. The new pay structures should help as well. I expect the S3 in Nov and I am expecting it will be 4G.

06-02-10 03:28 PM
    RIM is doing a lot to court app developers so hopefully by end of this year that will pay out. The new pay structures should help as well. I expect the S3 in Nov and I am expecting it will be 4G.
    I think you are probably right about the month, but not the 4g.
    06-03-10 06:29 AM
    I think you are probably right about the month, but not the 4g.
    I say 4G because every rumor about the S3 from day 1 has said it will support LTE. Now you gave VZW going live in 25 markets by end of 2011 and saying that all thru major suppliers, including RIM will have LTE devices BY May 2011.

It just seems a little too consistent.

06-03-10 06:42 AM
    I say 4G because every rumor about the S3 from day 1 has said it will support LTE. Now you gave VZW going live in 25 markets by end of 2011 and saying that all thru major suppliers, including RIM will have LTE devices BY May 2011.

It just seems a little too consistent.

But why would RIM release a phone 11/2010 with 4G if it won't be able to use the service until mid-late 2011? Don't see it happening, especially when RIM can release the S3 sans 4G in 11/2010, see what needs fixing or tweaking, and then put it into a S4 with 4G and release that 11/2011 when it will be able to use the service. This would be beneficial to VZW (and I'm sure what they would prefer happen) because now the people that want to early upgrade to get the new tech won't be getting $100 from VZW for NE2.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong and that the phone will have 4G, so I can use the service the day it becomes available.
    06-03-10 07:47 AM
    The storm 4 will come to late in the year of 2011 usually a push for holiday season that's to late for 4g berry
    06-03-10 08:32 AM
    That could be two rumors getting combined, maybe we are going to see s3 in november and then s4 is intended to be out in may 2011, it would match up to these latest leaks about an updated 9700.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 06-03-10 at 08:50 AM.
    06-03-10 08:46 AM
    But why would RIM release a phone 11/2010 with 4G if it won't be able to use the service until mid-late 2011? Don't see it happening, especially when RIM can release the S3 sans 4G in 11/2010, see what needs fixing or tweaking, and then put it into a S4 with 4G and release that 11/2011 when it will be able to use the service. This would be beneficial to VZW (and I'm sure what they would prefer happen) because now the people that want to early upgrade to get the new tech won't be getting $100 from VZW for NE2.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong and that the phone will have 4G, so I can use the service the day it becomes available.
    VZW will have LTE live in 30-40 markets by end of 2010. They are stating that they have a few tablets and PC Modems ready for Q4, and that there will be 5 headsets that will be in place by May 2011. Qualcomm has had LTE capable Chip-sets out for almost 2 years, and even the earliest mentions of the S3 indicated that it would support 4G. Keep in mind that anything 4g will also have to support 3G (EvDo), So even if LTE is not 100% there you get the same 3g performance with a boost once LTE hits your area.

I don't think it benefits RIM or VZW to release as Storm 3 in Nov 2010 and then a Storm 4 in May 2011. That would just be pure greed, and would drive away customers.

I can see it delaying until January or later possibly, but even for that there is plenty of time to get the device ready and tested by End of 2010.
    06-03-10 10:35 AM
    And there's also some more incentive to make the S3 LTE: LTE is fully backwards compatible with HSPA and EVDO, So it would be fully capable of running on our former CDMA carriers' HSPA networks, but if there is limited HSPA service or congestion or something, the S3 could easily drop down to EVDO instead of having no service at all, because Bell and Telus do not have an EDGE or GPRS network, but they do have EVDO and CDMA2000 coverage. will also help for roaming within Saskatchewan and Manitoba, which have their own provincial carriers that do not have province-wide HSPA.
    06-03-10 11:07 AM
155 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD