06-09-10 09:40 PM
155 ... 23456 ...
tools
    will it be GSM or CDMA?
    05-01-10 12:42 PM
    Um, thus far, all the Storms have been both. I see no reason why the new one will be any different.

will it be GSM or CDMA?
    05-01-10 02:25 PM
    Will the Storm 3 browser be better than the iPhone and Incredible? i like my Tour, want to stay with BlackBerry but i really am wanting a better browsing experience. i'm not looking for a multimedia device really. But a great messaging phone with a great browser since i don't have a PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 02:34 PM
    All RIM device browsers will be better once 6.0 comes out, and we get the Webkit browser, and flash support.
    05-01-10 02:49 PM
    Well it can't get any worse! Haha. i hope the new webkit is MUCH better!

05-01-10 02:52 PM
    Will the Storm 3 browser be better than the iPhone and Incredible? i like my Tour, want to stay with BlackBerry but i really am wanting a better browsing experience. i'm not looking for a multimedia device really. But a great messaging phone with a great browser since i don't have a PC.

S2 is much better browsing experience over Tour. The VZ CDMA 9650 not withstanding the bigger screen makes all of the difference in the world. Using wifi at home, since I live in a marginal signal area and have a NE, makes browsing quite snappy.
    05-01-10 05:22 PM
    I can't wait for this phone. I'm damned close to eary upgrading from the Storm to the Storm2 just so I can have WiFi, more memory, and OpenGL. I'm gonna hang in there as long as I can tho for an even better phone (if even half of these speculations are true). I just hope to God it has LTE support cause I don't want to have to go buy another one a year after I get that one.... of couse, that's what's going to happen tho. Guess I should start saving up now.
    05-06-10 09:01 AM
    All RIM device browsers will be better once 6.0 comes out, and we get the Webkit browser, and flash support.
    As it's been said (true, you might not have heard about it because I didn't create a picketing thread in the New section yet, lol), but the new browser won't be Webkit. It will have "Webkit rendering capabilities", but it's not a Webkit in the traditional state as it is on other platforms. RIM's taken Webkit rendering aids and placed them in the native browser and also throughout the OS to help with making graphical issues they've had and currently still have a bit easier to deal with. Think of it kind of like ActiveX Desktop for Windows, where in early editions of Windows, you couldn't use animated gif wallpapers or webpages as a background, but today it's just another function. Same thing here. This is one of the reasons why Mike's 9700 video demo kept leaving the cursor artifacts behind just like the current browsers. The rendering engine's been "patched" with Webkit capabilities, but the core design hasn't changed and hence... the current issues I believe will continue to be there for the most part. They are in other words... trying to polish a turd. lol
    05-06-10 09:13 AM
    As it's been said (true, you might not have heard about it because I didn't create a picketing thread in the New section yet, lol), but the new browser won't be Webkit. It will have "Webkit rendering capabilities", but it's not a Webkit in the traditional state as it is on other platforms. RIM's taken Webkit rendering aids and placed them in the native browser and also throughout the OS to help with making graphical issues they've had and currently still have a bit easier to deal with. Think of it kind of like ActiveX Desktop for Windows, where in early editions of Windows, you couldn't use animated gif wallpapers or webpages as a background, but today it's just another function. Same thing here. This is one of the reasons why Mike's 9700 video demo kept leaving the cursor artifacts behind just like the current browsers. The rendering engine's been "patched" with Webkit capabilities, but the core design hasn't changed and hence... the current issues I believe will continue to be there for the most part. They are in other words... trying to polish a turd. lol
    I think this is going to be game changing. On the surface, it sounds like that's what their doing, but under the hood, I believe RIM is taking a WebOS approach to development by having the Webkit Rendering Engine power the OS. It will extend on the widget capabilities and applications can be developed with heavy Javascript/CSS web technologies, which will be a HUGE ease for developers, as the current engine chokes at the nearest sight of javascript. Javascript/CSS drives some very good looking client/web applications that can still be tied into the OS with the java specific APIs. Webkit is just a rendering engine, so technically, I believe it is actually better to have the engine power the OS instead of just a browser because developers can leverage that into their applications. I could be absolutely wrong here, but I believe this is the direction they are going in.
    05-06-10 09:46 AM
    Moved to Rumored Devices
    05-06-10 01:16 PM
    They going back to using 1xev icon?
    05-07-10 07:46 PM
    They going back to using 1xev icon?
    **** they may as well use 1noev...... The current blackberry o.s lacks so much and o.s 6 with or without webkit and flash still looks archaic at best. Its shot in the dark attempt to stay afloat as opposed to swim ahead.

05-16-10 05:39 PM
    I can't wait for this phone. I'm damned close to eary upgrading from the Storm to the Storm2 just so I can have WiFi, more memory, and OpenGL. I'm gonna hang in there as long as I can tho for an even better phone (if even half of these speculations are true). I just hope to God it has LTE support cause I don't want to have to go buy another one a year after I get that one.... of couse, that's what's going to happen tho. Guess I should start saving up now.
    Also wondering if anyone else cares that storm 4 follows a year after storm 3? Uh...that just smacks of ~> watch for what fails with 3 and quickly fix it before 4 debuts....thus making storm 3 the new storm 9530..again. Meanwhile people who've suffered for 2 years waiting must endure it yet again for a device that clearly in its infancy is hidden from its own fanbase for fear of it being panned pre-sale. Smh RIM should open their eyes and take steps to meet the current standards rather than be content with re-issuing the same product with multiple patches for glitchy o.s issues.

05-16-10 05:44 PM
    **** they may as well use 1noev...... The current blackberry o.s lacks so much and o.s 6 with or without webkit and flash still looks archaic at best. Its shot in the dark attempt to stay afloat as opposed to swim ahead.

ooooh good one

05-16-10 05:47 PM
    You Newbies are a bunch of whiners.

There has not been any S3 news for a while. Bummer. I would be happy if it was an evolution of the S2. I think the S2 is an awesome device. Best phone I've ever had.
    05-19-10 02:00 PM

There has not been any S3 news for a while. Bummer. I would be happy if it was an evolution of the S2. I think the S2 is an awesome device. Best phone I've ever had.
    And that's fine....if you're content with subpar. Others strive for the best. If I'm to pay for a service then I expect it to be delivered. RIM=Epic Fail .......... Much like you they're ok with accepting status quo multimedia,browsing,etc. Etc. So if whining is speaking up for being hosed by RIM and their white elephant o.s then yes I'm whining and will continue.

05-21-10 07:59 PM

05-21-10 08:01 PM
    +1 to no slider keyboard.

BKVic
    05-21-10 08:28 PM
    I've yet to see a single device that exceeds on all fronts. There are none, period. If you feel so "hosed by RIM" than perhaps you ought to move on and find yourself a nice Jesus phone or Droid or whatever. They are both fine devices, but neither is the best on all accounts. It would be great if we could point to one device..not being greedy here, just asking for ONE device, that is the very best on everything.

So, regardless of the purchase/decision you make, you have agreed to compromise somewhere, somehow, someway, that's the name of the game. Personally, while I acknowledge RIM's shortcomings, they do NOT "= Epic Fail." Nobody can take anyone seriously when they make such ridiculous melodramatic statements.

You probably have some contractual issues that keep you--to some degree--where you're at, but that does not prevent you from finding a device that better suits your needs...that is, unless you simply LIKE whining (and many do). Had you done any research before purchasing your Storm, you would have been aware of its shortcomings, they were well discussed here long before the device was released. I know I learned about them, but after reading everything I could find and then playing with the phone on release day, I purchased it immediately. I kept if (the original) for one full year before upgrading to the S2. Do I feel like I'm "accepting status quo?" No, that's just MORE melodrama and another ridiculous statement.

And that's fine....if you're content with subpar. Others strive for the best. If I'm to pay for a service then I expect it to be delivered. RIM=Epic Fail .......... Much like you they're ok with accepting status quo multimedia,browsing,etc. Etc. So if whining is speaking up for being hosed by RIM and their white elephant o.s then yes I'm whining and will continue.

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 05-21-10 at 08:39 PM.
    05-21-10 08:36 PM
    I've yet to see a single device that exceeds on all fronts. There are none, period. If you feel so "hosed by RIM" than perhaps you ought to move on and find yourself a nice Jesus phone or Droid or whatever. They are both fine devices, but neither is the best on all accounts. It would be great if we could point to one device..not being greedy here, just asking for ONE device, that is the very best on everything.

So, regardless of the purchase/decision you make, you have agreed to compromise somewhere, somehow, someway, that's the name of the game. Personally, while I acknowledge RIM's shortcomings, they do NOT "= Epic Fail." Nobody can take anyone seriously when they make such ridiculous melodramatic statements.

You probably have some contractual issues that keep you--to some degree--where you're at, but that does not prevent you from finding a device that better suits your needs...that is, unless you simply LIKE whining (and many do). Had you done any research before purchasing your Storm, you would have been aware of its shortcomings, they were well discussed here long before the device was released. I know I learned about them, but after reading everything I could find and then playing with the phone on release day, I purchased it immediately. I kept if (the original) for one full year before upgrading to the S2. Do I feel like I'm "accepting status quo?" No, that's just MORE melodrama and another ridiculous statement.

05-22-10 12:49 PM

*loves when forum regs decide for everyone else what to think* maybe "they" need a lil more jesus in their lives.

05-22-10 12:53 PM
    I won't even consider a S3 if there is a slide out keyboard. I like my S just the way it is, and if the 3rd version is a slide, I will get the 2nd version.
    05-26-10 06:02 AM
    I won't even consider a S3 if there is a slide out keyboard. I like my S just the way it is, and if the 3rd version is a slide, I will get the 2nd version.
    The slder is a Bold and will be on AT&T this summer. The S3 (9540/9580?) will be on VZW probably in the fourth quarter and won't have a sliding keyboard. (of course I could be wrong, but this seems to be the way of things.)

05-26-10 06:36 AM
    I love it when people quote themselves, lol. You're absolutely entitled to think whatever you want. The fact that you're plain wrong and embarrassing yourself is another issue

*loves when forum regs decide for everyone else what to think* maybe "they" need a lil more jesus in their lives.

05-26-10 11:28 AM
    The slder is a Bold and will be on AT&T this summer. The S3 (9540/9580?) will be on VZW probably in the fourth quarter and won't have a sliding keyboard. (of course I could be wrong, but this seems to be the way of things.)

9540? 9580? May I ask where these numbers were pulled from? I'm not being critical, I've just been out of the rumor loop lately
    05-26-10 12:56 PM
155 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD