06-09-10 10:40 PM
155 1234 ...
tools
    As long as Rogers get it, I'll be happy. My Bold 9000 seems so old now
    01-25-10 09:28 PM
    I pray that the storm series is never plagued by a slide out keyboard...
    01-26-10 04:28 AM
    look interesting....... hmmmmmm
    01-26-10 05:22 AM
    GREAT SOMEONE STOLE MY AVATAR!!!
    He should be banned for life! You had yours first and you know the significance of the below photo. Those two facts entitle you to it.
    01-30-10 10:13 PM
    No reason for it..Whats the point of having a touch screen phone if you have a physical keyboard. One or they other. The Storm will never have a pull out keyboard, thats what makes it a Storm, its touchscreen. If people want a physical keyboard thats what the Curve, Tour, Bold and other BBs are for.
    01-30-10 10:28 PM
    it has already been leaked on twitter from bbm chat and i believe sal that the storm 3 will have a slide up keyboard. not a portrait one
    01-31-10 12:05 AM
    Got the link for the Twitter post?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 04:50 AM
    U know what I think would be completely awesome is if they could make a device that, and bear with me here its kinda hard to explain. Its like a widescreen touch screen device ok, but, and I'm not sure if this is even possible, but lets say the touchscreen uses a very thin flexible material and when used is sole touchscreen mode, the device would act as a regular touchscreen phone in landscape mode sorta like holding the Droid horizontally but without any slider. Alright, now bear with me here because here comes the crazy part....when you need to type a long document or you just want a physical keyboard, instead of a slider mechanism, you begin to lift up on the top right corner of the display and because of the thin film flexible display technology, about 1/3 of the screen "peels" up, revealing a very thin, yet still fully tactile keypad attached on the underside that through the magic of thin ribbon connectors, swings around and snaps back down on top of the touchscreen portion of the display turning your widescreen touchscreen phone into a portrait touchscreen/qwerty keyboard device. I know I know it sounds ******** or weird but that would be awesome. feel free to flame on now, I'm wearing my flame suit. LOL
    01-31-10 04:58 AM
    I actually wouldn't mind having a slide out keyboard on the storm. I really think it looks good in the picture that was posted even tho its a fake. Just make it as simple as it looks in the picture, don't add a trackpad at all. You would still need to scroll with your fingers. Of they don't bring a slide out keyboard wouldn't mind it either. I really enjoy my S1. Don't really have any issues when typing or scrolling when browsing the web. I actually use it to browse the web more than my laptop. I saw the video of a blackberry that looked like a bold with the keyboard and touchscreen compatible( forgot what the codename was) but didn't like it at all, I wouldn't want to loose the screen size. I would want it to stay with Verizon, I'm not sure I would like the idea to change carriers. Anyways we will find out what the S3 will offer and look like soon.

02-01-10 12:46 AM
    the keyboard on it looks very ugly
    02-01-10 01:36 AM
    the keyboard on it looks very ugly
    It's a mock-up, not even close to being the "real thing".
    02-01-10 03:04 AM
    I think the slider is a different device. Maybe they played with the concept and were going to have an S3 full touch and an s3 slider. Since the devices just have code names in pre production who really knows if they were going to eventually brand it a Storm or not.

To the poster above with the peel off screen, I think apple has a patent on screen tech that would actually raise bumps on the screen that correspond with the keys. Something about actuators in each pixel. Some Rumors say iPhone 4 will have that. I know when people starting hearing about piezo discs in S2 they thought something like this was going on.

02-01-10 07:59 AM
    To the poster above with the peel off screen, I think apple has a patent on screen tech that would actually raise bumps on the screen that correspond with the keys. Something about actuators in each pixel. Some Rumors say iPhone 4 will have that. I know when people starting hearing about piezo discs in S2 they thought something like this was going on.
    That is a pretty cool/crazy idea. Sounds like it would be crazy to implement though.
    02-01-10 08:16 AM
    Yeah. Here is a lnk to article on gizmodo:

http://m.gizmodo.com/site?t=RmLt9it98WxMkBb.P5eXJg&sid=gizmodo

Hope that works. Not sure it came out right on OperaMini

02-01-10 08:25 AM
    That link doesnt work on proper browsers so I did a quick search and here is the link

Apple Patent Application Reveals a Bumpy Tablet - apple tablet - Gizmodo
    02-01-10 08:31 AM
    ...I really enjoy my S1. Don't really have any issues when typing or scrolling when browsing the web. I actually use it to browse the web more than my laptop...
    Really? Your laptop must really suck! The web browser in BB's are sooooo sloooow. Typing on S1 is about 80% accurate, not nearly good enough. And the little S1 memory combined with a defective OS (memory leaks all the time) causing lags.

The S2 is step in the right direction, more memory, and MUCH better typing accuracy than the S1, but still has sloooow web browsing. Go pick up a Droid and try web browsing on that platform. It blows away anything on the BB platform. I think RIM should give every S1 owner a free S2 just for being in their unofficial beta testing program. I like the S2 much better than the S1, but not for $150, and a fresh two year contract tied to a $350 ETF.

The S3 just should be a modified S2 with a 1GHz snapdragon, 1GB memory for programs, and a faster browser. It needs to be released NOW. That will keep me on BB for another year until RIM can update their OS for S4 and LTE.
    Last edited by BB_Storm4me; 02-01-10 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo
    02-01-10 08:37 AM
    a slide out keyboard would be stupid
    02-01-10 09:17 AM
    The S3 just should be a modified S2 with a 1GHz snapdragon, 1GB memory for programs, and a faster browser. It needs to be released NOW. That will keep me on BB for another year until RIM can update their OS for S4 and LTE.
    I wouldn't be too suprised to see it with a 1GHz or higher, seems like that will soon be pretty standard in high end phones. And release will be november-ish. No way are they any where releasing it right now, what would be the point? the storm2 is only 3 months old.

a slide out keyboard would be stupid
    Agreed. I dont think that we will see a storm with a keyboard. Maybe another product line but the storm is the full touch experience. In all likelihood RIM will keep the storm as a touch only phone, makes sense really.
    02-01-10 09:46 AM
    a slide-out would make perfect sense... BB/RIM should just acknowledge that it isn't very good at touch-screen devices... and focus on what it does best... KEYBOARDS!! a THIN slide out (Droid thin) in a Storm form factor (ie. large screen) would just be killer!
    02-01-10 09:47 AM
    I wouldn't be too suprised to see it with a 1GHz or higher, seems like that will soon be pretty standard in high end phones. And release will be november-ish. No way are they any where releasing it right now, what would be the point? the storm2 is only 3 months old.
    I know NOW would not be a norm for RIM, but the S2 is what the S1 should of been. In other words...the S2 is already old and getting it's arse kicked by several others. If the S3 were released today with 1GHz/1GB and a webkit browser, it would only be on par with others. By November-ish is too late.
    02-01-10 09:54 AM
    a slide-out would make perfect sense... BB/RIM should just acknowledge that it isn't very good at touch-screen devices... and focus on what it does best... KEYBOARDS!! a THIN slide out (Droid thin) in a Storm form factor (ie. large screen) would just be killer!
    They are getting better at full touch though. The storm2 is much much nicer than the storm1 so it will be interesting to see if the leap from 2 to 3 will be as big as the leap from 1 to 2.
    02-01-10 11:01 AM
    They are getting better at full touch though. The storm2 is much much nicer than the storm1 so it will be interesting to see if the leap from 2 to 3 will be as big as the leap from 1 to 2.
    they are getting better??? um, others have had it DOWN since 2007... that's the lamest excuse i've ever heard!!! LOL

RIM needs to focus on KEYBOARDS... not TOUCH screen... they plain SUCK at it...
    02-01-10 11:10 AM
    Really? Your laptop must really suck! The web browser in BB's are sooooo sloooow. Typing on S1 is about 80% accurate, not nearly good enough. And the little S1 memory combined with a defective OS (memory leaks all the time) causing lags.

The S2 is step in the right direction, more memory, and MUCH better typing accuracy than the S1, but still has sloooow web browsing. Go pick up a Droid and try web browsing on that platform. It blows away anything on the BB platform. I think RIM should give every S1 owner a free S2 just for being in their unofficial beta testing program. I like the S2 much better than the S1, but not for $150, and a fresh two year contract tied to a $350 ETF.

No my laptop doesn't suck, I use opera and enjoy it. I'm not home much and that's why I do use the phone more than my laptop.

No I don't have any problems typing with my phone, is that really that hard to believe. I also only one hand 80% of the time and rarely have any mistypes of any sort. I also like that the screen clickd this way I'm not afraid of calling or doing something I don't want it to. I just like when someone says they like the storm then people bash it because for some reason they can't work it. I do agree the S2 is a better phone because of the added memory I was going to head in that direction this month but I decided to wait and see what the S3 is going to look like.

To me I played around with the droid, didn't like it much, the slide out keyboard looked and felt awful. IMO the droid is just another toy like the IPhone, not saying they are horrible phones at all.

02-01-10 11:20 AM
    they are getting better??? um, others have had it DOWN since 2007... that's the lamest excuse i've ever heard!!! LOL

RIM needs to focus on KEYBOARDS... not TOUCH screen... they plain SUCK at it...
    Any company that builds any kind of electronics are going to have issues with there first build. Just like I replied to BB4me. I enjoy using my phone, the touchscreen works great for me. The only issue that I have with this phone is the memory. Its very responsive and I rarely make typing mistakes when a txt or email someone. I post my comments and thoughts on crackberry through my phone all the time. Bottom line its not horrible and its getting a lot better.

02-01-10 11:28 AM
    What I know about the Storm 3:

-512MB of app memory
    -New redesigned OS
    -New browser which will support tabbed browsing and Widgets
    -Flash support
    -6MP camera
    -19 second reboot time
    -Tremendously improved battery life
    -Not a Slider(90% chance its not)
    -screen support for millions of colors

There are actually 2 Storm 3's in testing. One is a slider and the other is not. They said that there is a 90% chance that its not gonna be a Slider.

Last edited by jacksonbrian; 02-01-10 at 11:40 AM.
    02-01-10 11:37 AM
155 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD