01-04-10 09:01 PM
59 123
tools
    The term is successor, not predecessor...predecessor comes before, successor indicates next in a series or line...
    12-25-09 10:08 PM
    To me, the main attraction of the Storm (and I had one, prior to my current Tour) is the large screen for web browsing, not the fact that it happens to be a "touchscreen". (In fact, I hated the fingerprints/smudges on the touchscreen.) Even the much-improved Storm 2 typing action is nowhere near as good as the keypad on the Tour, but damn, I sure miss that big, beautiful Storm screen! So, if they make a Storm with a "slider", I'll get one the day it's available.
    12-26-09 01:05 AM
    Here is a Tweet from Sal

As a X'mas gift I'll tell you that the Storm-Slider will have a portrait slide-out keyboard not a landscape one...
    Interesting .....
    12-26-09 11:24 PM
    This is ONE time I hope Sal is wrong - if BB does come out with a slider, I hope it's an entirely different model; I just love that touchscreen!
    12-26-09 11:42 PM
    I think it would make a lof to sense if they made it a portrait slide keyboard phone.
    12-27-09 02:56 AM
    or maybe the slider keyboard will be a optional use, the on screen surepress keyboards will still be there but now the slider is for thoes who are not adaptable to the touch screen.
    12-27-09 03:16 AM
    If this is really going to be a portrait slider then I hope its called Mr. T for a reason. Ie... If its going to be a portrait keyboard then maybe rim can figure out a way to make the screen rotate up to be landscape orientation so the screen and keyboard will make a t. if they just do a pre style slider then they will really lose the benefit of the big screen. I find a wide screen to be much more useful than a tall screen no matter what I'm doing. There is a reason almost all screens are getting wider not taller.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 05:43 PM
    it would probally be like a g1 hybrid i suppose considering its rim
    12-31-09 12:35 AM
    Looks the rumor mill is starting to predict a portrait slider like the Pre and a separate Storm 3 with no physical keyboard. So 2 separate devices. Kind of makes sense because a widget would kind of be unless on a bold/tour screen size, but so many BB users demand a physical key board. Either way all is in preproduction and may never see the light of day.

Hopefully we will see more as we move towards april and WES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 09:01 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD