01-04-10 09:01 PM
59 123
tools
    I hope they stick with the touch screen only. I have had my S2 for a week now and can't put it down. I love this phone. It's my first smart phone and I am very pleased. My biggest complaint is my back button doesn't work all the time.
    11-28-09 11:08 PM
    If they make the storm 3 a slider I'll be sticking with my storm 2 for awhile.
    11-28-09 11:28 PM
    Predecessor? I think the correct word is successor... The predecessor of the Storm2 is the Storm1... Storm3 would be successor...

Sorry if this was mentioned... When I kept reading it in the first post it was bothering me..
    11-29-09 12:09 AM
    It should not say predecessor it should say successor. Lost a lot of credibility right there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 03:19 PM
    It may have access to 3rd party browsers!?!? What the **** are Bolt and Opera mini?
    11-29-09 05:22 PM
    I would actually like it if they gave us a choice on disabling the click on the current S2.. That would satisfy me as of now...
    11-29-09 05:29 PM
    Look how long it took them to release the S2. I bet by the time the S3 is released, most of us will have upgrades again lol. I get mine again in 18 months, and I wouldn't be suprised if it takes RIM that long to release this new S3.
    WTF? It was 10 months from S1 launch to S2 Release. Any other Device maker doing updates that fast?
    12-02-09 09:23 PM
    Wasn't is almost exactly a year between them.

12-02-09 11:16 PM
    If I wanted a keyboard, I would have bought a Tour...the Storm should stay touch only. If RIM wants a slider, so be it, but let it be a different model.
    12-02-09 11:39 PM
    How many of you remember this phone? Or, if you have never seen it, here it is....

If there ever is a BlackBerry touch slider, I hope it is like the Siemens SX-66. I really liked this phone.

Just thought I'd share it with you.

msblueline
    12-03-09 12:04 AM
    Why don't they just disable SurePress and put up notification of what letter you're pressing like every other touchscreen keyboard on the market? They don't need to mess around with a slider if the input is good enough and configurable enough.
    12-03-09 10:55 PM
    Moved to Rumored device
    12-03-09 10:59 PM
    I love my storm1 as it is, took a while to get use to using the touch screen and the touch screen has gotten alot better since the last software update though. I do like the idea of touch screen/physical keyboard combo, however I can seen see how it would be a little excessive. What would make more since is making a slider with the slid out keyboard being the primary input, with the touchscreeen being used for dialing and selecting. Either way they go I'll be happy since my contract will be up in dec 2010.
    12-04-09 03:48 AM
    That Would Completely Ruin the Purpose Of the Storm. The Storm was ment to be a touch screen device not a slider.
    12-06-09 11:36 PM
    6 blackberry devices and I'm done, promised my wife that I'm not buying or upgrading my blackberry again untill RIM come up with inplant device.Something that I can inplant in my skull. Untill then, 8830 is the KING
    12-07-09 01:24 AM
    I would hope to see a Palm Pre like format. With a trackpad as well.
    12-08-09 05:42 PM
    It looks okay, if this is exactly how it will be.

I like the keys for the send, BB, return, and end. I have a storm2 and miss them. Have to kinda look at my phone to know which one i click
    12-17-09 09:24 AM
    Following the forums here and after many forum searches, it has been rumored for quite some time of a "slider" touch qwerty device, even well before the release of the storm2. RIM had already purchased a company named Torch Mobile, known for their webkit browser, and rumors a-fly that blackberry users would soon be able to experience iPh@ne-like web surfing, and blackberry devices have already been open to third party browsers like Bolt and Opera Mini. (Perhaps the article refers to a third party, like Torch Mobile, developing directly to be used as a native browser.) Anyways, it amazes me what some tech sites will publish to attract subscribers, attention, or just plain get a rise out of people... But in the end, I'm sure there will be an audience siked to see a blackberry device with both a touch screen and a slide out. Why not?
    Research in Motion (RIM) Acquires Torch MobileThank you for visiting our site.

Torch Mobile is excited to announce that our company has been acquired by Research In Motion (RIM), one of the most renowned mobile technology companies in the world. Our team of developers will join RIM's global organization and will now be focused on utilizing our WebKit-based mobile browser expertise to contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the BlackBerry platform.

Torch Mobile's team of highly skilled developers has been actively involved in Open Source development and includes contributors, Committers and Reviewers of the WebKit project. As part of RIM, these developers will continue to be active participants in the WebKit development community.
    12-23-09 03:42 PM
    I am looking forward to see that, allthough I woulld not be able to afford one LOL.
    12-23-09 07:08 PM
    Sal just updated his twitter and said that the slider will be a portrait slider and not a landscape.

12-23-09 10:15 PM
    Sal just updated his twitter and said that the slider will be a portrait slider and not a landscape.

portrait sliding fail and the thought of a slider keyboard fail...
    12-23-09 10:17 PM
    i guess they are trying to take a page out of androids book. some people love the hero and some love the droid. personal preference for the slider and me personally i hate them. i think it makes the phone unnecessarily large
    12-24-09 11:34 AM
    Hopefully they figure out a way not to make it too bulky if they do add a slide whether it be portrait or landscape. Not crazy about the portrait slide, landscape would be way more usefull. Overall its gonna come down to the OS. Are they gonna stay as is or change things up finally? Thats the big question.
    12-24-09 12:26 PM
    If blackberry makes a storm with a slide out keyboard... I'm all over it!

12-25-09 08:52 AM
    If they're going to make a blackberry storm with hardware QWERTY keyboard than I would definitly buy it! Combine a blackberry with an iphone and you get the perfect blackberry (or you just get a Palm Pre or Pixi)
    12-25-09 04:18 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD