01-06-15 08:53 AM
71 123
tools
    Thank you for bringing the Blade concept into this, that is truly a perfect imagining of a new bb10 slider. Whether or not it comes pre-bent lol.

The curved idea could be interesting though, their making TVs like that now, it would command attention, and possesses a cool factor that just can't be touched. Although if you put it in your pocket the wrong way it'd look and feel strange I'm sure.

BB for Life
    Curved viewing is more natural to the eye. This design would fit perfectly in ones hand. I see a cool holster in my future.
    11-30-14 12:21 PM
    Always loved the Blade concept!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:41 PM
    I spoke to a friend who spoke to a friend who has seen the road map and there is a slider on it for 2015 as well as a full touch high end.

Sorry....not sure if already posted and no I did not get any further details.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's great news!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-20-14 08:36 PM
    Curved viewing is more natural to the eye. This design would fit perfectly in ones hand. I see a cool holster in my future.
    Yah, that's the gimmick the tv makers want you to think since they've run out of ideas for actual new advancements to force you to spend money on the "new big thing" to replace your current HDTV's. Funny how everytime something is shown on a curved surface, it simply results in distortion that I instantly pick up and completely do not find comfortable to watch. Apparently my eyes do not like "natural" viewing, or something...
    coaltowking likes this.
    12-21-14 12:05 AM
    I saw those pictures and it looks really interesting. It is not like the traditional slider. Innovation is not dead in BlackBerry. I hope they continue to produce quality devices and will sell more than enough so they will continue to do the handset business.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:53 AM
    Can you imagine putting the Blade in your pocket the wrong way and sitting on it with that curve! SNAP! It would need a titanium frame! Lol

Still love the concept though, love the slider form factor. Miss my torch, the q10 isn't a replacement for it. We'll see what the new flipper keyboard feels like and see what they do with that permanent row of keys.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:46 AM
    If they build it... they will come!

Gorgeous, but that bend will be a problem in a pocket.
    12-25-14 08:22 PM
    Interesting concepts

From my Z30
    12-25-14 08:26 PM
    It would be great if it wasn't curved, a bb10 torch like slider would be awesome. I was anticipating it since the launch of bb10 after the Q10, but since it was never made or rumored I went along with the Q10, if there was a torch like slider bb10 I would upgrade in a heart beat!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:55 PM
    If there was a torch like slider bb10 I would upgrade in a heart beat!
    So say we all!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:21 PM
    Yah, that's the gimmick the tv makers want you to think since they've run out of ideas for actual new advancements to force you to spend money on the "new big thing" to replace your current HDTV's. Funny how everytime something is shown on a curved surface, it simply results in distortion that I instantly pick up and completely do not find comfortable to watch. Apparently my eyes do not like "natural" viewing, or something...
    You aren't alone. That's why curved screens haven't caught on. Curved screens are only natural when you are at the exact focal point.

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    12-26-14 06:25 PM
    If it sees the light of day. My impression is it will be concept device when shown and BlackBerry's history with concepts is pretty bad (see all PlayBook app "concepts" that never appeared. I really have no need for a mechanical mechanism or PKB that can break or develop stuttering keys. Don't have to worry about this with all touch.

Posted via CB10
    Having such device with a mechanical keyboard slide out or fold out, based on the patents files earlier in the year, seems very innovative.

BlackBerry phones are well built. You won't be running into any issues whether it be mechanical or touch.

Typed on my Q5
    12-29-14 12:17 PM
    After falling so deeply in love with my Passport, the only slider I would consider is a 1:1 (maybe 4:3) aspect Passport style slider. Screen would have to stay about the same size though, since any taller would make it top heavy and difficult to type on.

I wouldn't trade my capacitive Passport keyboard for a slider though, it would have to maintain its touch gestures.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    12-29-14 12:21 PM
    Screen would have to stay about the same size though, since any taller would make it top heavy and difficult to type on.
    I don't think that would be the case: the screen is not the heaviest part of the device, so when you slide the screen up only a small portion of the weight is shifted... and can be compensated by either designing the device with the heavier parts near the opposite end, or putting a small weight in the device to balance it out... only a few grams nothing that is going to make the device "heavier" than it needs to be. Besides, the weight is often part of a device having a premium feel (too light seems "empty" and "delicate" to some people).
    01-02-15 04:27 PM

I think the assumption that people want thin devices for their daily driver is in direct opposition to the fact that just about every thin elegant device available is saddled with a thick ugly case.

I will take thick and functional and powerful over thin any day. I may not be in the majority but let's put it this way: NOBODY using a BB10 Device for their daily driver is using it because of how thin it is.

Posted via CB10
    THIS.

Well said. And let's remember how people talk about thicker, heavier devices feeling so nice in the hand (Classic, Z30 to some extent). Thicker, heavier devices do feel better in the hand and I feel this is an important factor in terms of ergonomics and grip while using the device.

Forget slim, sleek, commercially appealing modern looking devices. Give me a rugged, weighty tank of a device with a huge battery.

10.3.1.1154 / STA100-2
    srzjumper likes this.
    01-03-15 07:43 AM
    Blackberry need to make a phone like the Nokia N97... that was a beast to the keyboard era lol
    01-03-15 06:23 PM
    Here's the Slider that may be announced via March 2015
    Latest patent shows off what could be a new BlackBerry 10 slider | CrackBerry.com
    Innovative Tablet with keyboard that slides out.
    RIM patent calls for a tablet with concealable keyboard | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry patent details flip-phone keyboard cover concept | Financial Post
    And here is the High End Full Touch IMO but with a unique flip out keyboard if need be. I assume the one row that stays could be used for short cuts yes?
    Patent Reveals Possible New BlackBerry Keyboard Design
    01-03-15 08:27 PM
    Same here slagman! I crack up seeing the peeps "eating the bait". Curved. LOL. It just not only looks pathetic, it's just a hype!

Where is the BIG Hype about 3D?????? LOLZA!!! I guess it went on holidays. Al the hype 2-3 years ago. I also have the latest Samsung with everything on it. Tried 3D. Fun gimmick, but again: It's a gimmick. After a trial the 3D glasses are collecting dust. All hype!

Same with curved (I crack up with that crappy design) and 4K. There is no innovation. The jump to HD was the best impact. The rest is just a poor attempt selling some gimmick to the zombies which they eat up perfectly. 4K is nice, but it is not like I need it right now.

So always think and decide for yourself. Don't believe every hype, ffs.
    01-03-15 08:38 PM
    After falling so deeply in love with my Passport, the only slider I would consider is a 1:1 (maybe 4:3) aspect Passport style slider. Screen would have to stay about the same size though, since any taller would make it top heavy and difficult to type on.

I wouldn't trade my capacitive Passport keyboard for a slider though, it would have to maintain its touch gestures.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    At least it would fit in your pocket. Actually not such a bad idea. It could have a four row keyboard
    01-06-15 02:08 AM
    A new tablet interests me a lot (playbook and ipad 4 owner) as long as they nail it enough on release and don't let if fall behind before it eventually gets updated.

That being said, BB10 on my passport is fantastic already, I can only image this fluidity and finesse brought to a large display for all kinds of things.

The growing support for android apps is advancing with updates. Futures bright, but they gotta get it right!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:19 AM
    Curved Display, 4K Phones, 8+ Core CPU's, 50mp camera via Phones, 8GB ram etc.,
    All a Marketing Gimmick. Seems Manufactures ran out of Innovation. Jacking up hardware spec's is not considered Innovative.

Android nor iOS won't benefit from such high spec's excluding the camera and ram. The 4K screen would suck battery power. The 8+ core will such battery power depending on how efficient the OS is.

At this point, BB10, especially 10.3 can and will benefit from such specs. What's highly innovative? The Passport, the Classic, and those Tablet and full touch devices BBRY files patents for. That's what is Innovative. Not a bloody curved screen.

Posted by Q5
    01-06-15 08:53 AM
71 123