01-23-10 07:48 PM
31 12
tools
    hmmm a touch screen with a qwerty slide. sounds alot like a htc phone dont you agree.
    12-29-09 12:51 PM
    hmmm a touch screen with a qwerty slide. sounds alot like a htc phone dont you agree.
    +1

Are we in 2006? Sliders are ugly. I like one solid device that I don't have to worry about hinges loosening or breaking.

How many units have been sold of the Pearl Flip? I rarely see them. I just think RIM needs to stay with their solid form factor. IMO, it looks sleeker. Maybe, I am apart of the minority that thinks the Palm Pre is ugly.
    01-21-10 10:49 AM
    With RIM's SurePress technology in the Storm2, a slideout keyboard would be quite redundant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 02:29 PM
    RIM should indeed go with a slider as an alternative (not replacement) to the current BB form... and drop the Storm concept altogether - or marry it with the slide out KB.... RIM just cannot compete with the iphone and android touch only devices, and that's fine... it should stick to what it does best, and that's business/email/messaging devices with physical keyboards... (of course, improve it's dread browser too lol )
    01-23-10 09:49 AM
    No sliders. I cant stand them.

If they for whatever reason feel compelled to make one, dont replace any current line. Keep the Storm series touch only. The SurePress on the S2 is fine for typing.
    01-23-10 12:05 PM
    I currently am using a dumbphone slider (cheap samsung) and I really dislike it. I've had it less then a year, and its starting to get sloppy and loose. I realize its a cheap phone, but any slight bit of grit in the slider mechanism will cause wear and tear. I think that the flip was a great move, but I'm not convinced a slider would be a good idea - unless the slider bits would be made of metal (aluminum maybe) for durability's sake
    01-23-10 07:48 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD