01-23-10 07:48 PM
31 12
tools
    They have tried flip, so now we should try slide? Such as a pearl that slides up, and Still has a trackpad? Just a few ideas...does anyone else agree?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:56 PM
    Well rumor has it that Storm 3 (code name Mr. T) will have touch screen and slide out keyboard and with release date sometime in 2010???? We will see......
    11-24-09 01:01 AM
    Well rumor has it that Storm 3 (code name Mr. T) will have touch screen and slide out keyboard and with release date sometime in 2010???? We will see......
    That sounds way cool!

11-24-09 01:55 PM
    Yes, there is a rumor that a BB slider device would be launched called the Blackberry Talladega or "Mr. T"
    11-24-09 04:30 PM
    I don't think that a bb slider like a bold would be good(upslide @phonedognoah) but a storm slider like the droid would sell really well.

11-24-09 07:15 PM
    I personally hate sliders. Like, the idea is great, with the full qwerty keyboard, but I am not convinced they can make one of adequate quality. Too much dust and dirt in the slider I'd guess. Even my 9530 Storm, crumbs and dirt can get in behind the screen, not cool!!

I don't want a phone for 6 months, I don't want a phone for a year, I want it to last me 2 years minimum.

My last phone (LG flip phone) worked FLAWLESSLY from May 2004 until January 2009 when I got my Storm 9530. Still have my LG, I just needed a smartphone.
    11-24-09 07:27 PM
    Slider is a no go. They should abandon.
    11-24-09 09:11 PM
    i totally agree with the op. a pearl slider and a storm slider both landscape would be awesome

11-24-09 09:29 PM
    Rumor has been a Pearl slider & a Bold-like slider. There's been no word of a Storm slider.

11-25-09 07:28 AM
    Would love a vertical slider like the Palm Pre, but with a Tour keyboard. Droid keyboard sucks as does the Pre keyboard.
    11-25-09 10:45 AM
    I wouidnt mind seeing a thinner storm version with a landscape slide keyboard. Maybe even have it tilt up somewhat for better viewing. To open up the screen while typing in landscape would be a huge improvement visually. It really gives alot of space back to the user. I know it takes away from the storm being a full touch device but it really makes the phone more functional in my opinion. If the keyboard is done right the end user experience will great. The ease of a physical keyboard and wide open touchscreen ability. Thats a win win i think. Seeing the way RIM builds phones i assume its gonna be a bit bulky. Hopefully im wrong and they do something slim. Now as far as what software will be on it ? Maybe RIM changes the way they build OS's altogether and delivers something completely different. Maybe, i dunno.
    11-25-09 07:43 PM
    I'm looking forward to the Bold touch/physical QWERTY keyboard. This thing will sell if it gets released. GSM people thankfully missed out on the Storm. Now it's time for RIM to show thoes of us on GSM networks some touchscreen love!

11-25-09 07:57 PM
    I really don't see the love with the droid..it seems that every blackberry post I have seen has droid in it somewhere. I think the droid is just copying a sidekick, but maybe that's just me. And hasn't Motorola had issues with smartphones?

11-27-09 11:19 AM
    I really don't see the love with the droid..it seems that every blackberry post I have seen has droid in it somewhere. I think the droid is just copying a sidekick, but maybe that's just me. And hasn't Motorola had issues with smartphones?

The Cliq is a much better device than the Droid. The keyboard is much more user friendly. That would be the phone to look at.

As far as the many problems Motorola has had with its phones, especially smartphones, teaming up with Android has alleviated a lot of their problems.

----------------
    Now playing: Bon Jovi - Work For The Working Man
    via FoxyTunes
    11-28-09 03:57 PM
    The Cliq is a much better device than the Droid. The keyboard is much more user friendly. That would be the phone to look at.

As far as the many problems Motorola has had with its phones, especially smartphones, teaming up with Android has alleviated a lot of their problems.

----------------
    Now playing: Bon Jovi - Work For The Working Man
    via FoxyTunes

I see..I've just noticed that most blackberry haters, or previously crackberry addicts.. They all seem to worship the droid....or they switched to it and left their BB's in the dust..anyways I just don't understand the fandom of the droid.

11-28-09 08:49 PM
    I see..I've just noticed that most blackberry haters, or previously crackberry addicts.. They all seem to worship the droid....or they switched to it and left their BB's in the dust..anyways I just don't understand the fandom of the droid.

Its the best Android device so far. From what I have seen, its a very very snappy device, Motorola messed around with Android and it looks great, web browser is up there with the Pre and iPhone (Blows BlackBerry away), 5mp camera.

Its a solid device.

See you hating on the droid, is sort of like people loving the droid. Two sides to every story right?
    11-29-09 03:12 PM
    I like the form and functionality of the Pre. Touch screen + sliding keyboard = yum. If RIM came out with a slider, I'd look into it... a lot.
    11-29-09 04:21 PM
    If they basically used the Pearl Flip form factor and made it into a slider, I'd be all over that.

The one shown here MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories not so much.
    11-29-09 05:02 PM
    No, Blackberry should not get into the slider business. I personally don't like the Pearl Flip nor do I like the Pre. The Pre has one of the worst QWERTY keyboards in my opinion. Now a Curve/Bold with a touchscreen plus the keyboard I'd go for.
    11-29-09 06:34 PM
    I feel if RIM can get a good team together they could really make a good line of touch screen/slide qwerty keyboard. If they do they should completely change the way OS looks since it would be a completely different blackberry.

11-29-09 10:09 PM
    I would like to see a slider BlackBerry if RIM can get the quality of their phones up.
    11-30-09 01:17 PM
    Will they model the touch screen and keyboard like the Pre?
    11-30-09 09:41 PM
    Its the best Android device so far. From what I have seen, its a very very snappy device, Motorola messed around with Android and it looks great, web browser is up there with the Pre and iPhone (Blows BlackBerry away), 5mp camera.

Its a solid device.

See you hating on the droid, is sort of like people loving the droid. Two sides to every story right?
    Well I don't hate the droid, I just don't get the fandom in it.

11-30-09 11:08 PM
    Totally agreed! Silde with trackpad! I used to have the google g1 and loved the big slide keyboard.
    12-11-09 03:49 AM
    I totally agree with you!
    12-13-09 11:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD