10-28-16 11:23 AM
120 1234 ...
tools
    I am amazed there are BB in the Czech Republic. Sounds like a rumor in and of itself.
    Actually there's quite a fair market for BlackBerry here. No wonder there was a rumoured device carrying the name "Prague". Remember there is no smoke without fire

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:40 AM
    Remember there is no smoke without fire
    Ever been to a rock concert?
    smart548, menshawy and JeepBB like this.
    04-05-16 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry Rome and Hamburg (?)-1459791765509_979818.jpeg

Here they are (or at least, it seems they will look like those two guys overhere)

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 08:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1459791765509_979818.jpeg 
Views:	2973 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	396310

Here they are (or at least, it seems they will look like those two guys overhere)

Posted via CB10
    Strangely if you zoom in closely, you see BBCentral's watermark, but there's no post about these two on the site.
    04-06-16 09:26 AM
    Strangely if you zoom in closely, you see BBCentral's watermark, but there's no post about these two on the site.
    It's from BBM channel post
    04-06-16 09:52 AM
    Actually there's quite a fair market for BlackBerry here. No wonder there was a rumoured device carrying the name "Prague". Remember there is no smoke without fire

Posted via CB10
    It would be interesting to see a map that showed....

1) where the 23 million active users are in the world.

2) where the 8 million or so active BB10 users are in the world.

3) where the 500K or so active PRIV users are in the world.

I think Chen has determined that most of those existing BBOS users, are no longer potential customers. Those "developing" markets that initially loved what BlackBerry had to offer, have matured. Much cheaper imports and home grown products have entered those markets. And the networks have grown and improved, and BlackBerry has also lost their "ace in the hole" in those markets.... BIS and it's data saving abilities.

And too most have come to understand that BlackBerry's security is more in their software solutions and closed corporate networks using BES, than it is in the devices. So forget overprice BlackBerry hardware, forget easily accessed BBM.... they go out an buy a $100 phone and install WhatsApp.
    Uzi and TGR1 like this.
    04-06-16 10:22 AM
    It's from BBM channel post
    Wouldn't know cause I hardly use BBM...
    04-06-16 10:28 AM
    Names make sense.

Vienna -> Hamburg -> Fixed keyboard device
    Venice -> Rome -> All-touch and slider devices
    Why?

Venice -> Rome = Italy
    Vienna = Austria
    Hamburg = Germany

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    04-06-16 11:10 AM
    Why?

Venice -> Rome = Italy
    Vienna = Austria
    Hamburg = Germany

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    Both Vienna and Hamburg are still German speaking though.
    04-06-16 12:29 PM
    It would be interesting to see a map that showed....

1) where the 23 million active users are in the world.

2) where the 8 million or so active BB10 users are in the world.

3) where the 500K or so active PRIV users are in the world.

I think Chen has determined that most of those existing BBOS users, are no longer potential customers. Those "developing" markets that initially loved what BlackBerry had to offer, have matured. Much cheaper imports and home grown products have entered those markets. And the networks have grown and improved, and BlackBerry has also lost their "ace in the hole" in those markets.... BIS and it's data saving abilities.

And too most have come to understand that BlackBerry's security is more in their software solutions and closed corporate networks using BES, than it is in the devices. So forget overprice BlackBerry hardware, forget easily accessed BBM.... they go out an buy a $100 phone and install WhatsApp.
    In my travels through SE Asia except Indonesia, I never saw any BlackBerry phones, new or old. It seems as if having a smartphone was very, very important and high end devices were
    common.

The biggest issue going forward is whether BlackBerry can make an Android phone that runs as problem free as other Android devices.

Old news but still relevant.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...service=mobile

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:41 PM
    In my travels through SE Asia except Indonesia, I never saw any BlackBerry phones, new or old. It seems as if having a smartphone was very, very important and high end devices were
    common.

The biggest issue going forward is whether BlackBerry can make an Android phone that runs as problem free as other Android devices.

Old news but still relevant.

Lack of global knowledge cost BlackBerry Indonesia - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    On thing that I never figured out... the LEAP which was made for Indonesia, India and those markets. It didn't have dual SIMs like most every $100 phone in that market. Never mind the $250 price tag that it did have...
    04-06-16 02:22 PM
    I just want a quality BlackBerry device that runs apps. The Priv costs too much and quality seems off to me. I want an IPhone / Android BlackBerry device that is affordable but quality.

It doesn't have to do anything fancy just have BB Data transfer setup seamlessly and run email and apps and quickly.

I have the Z30 and it is slowing down and hardware issues. Always messing around with slow Android apps that don't work or barely work.

Rant over.
    04-07-16 06:54 PM
    I wonder what the new mid-range is gonna be
    04-09-16 05:38 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1459791765509_979818.jpeg 
Views:	2973 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	396310

Posted via CB10
    I'm very interested in the all touch to replace my Z10. Any educated guesses as to what the screen size would be? I assume not less than 5". Maybe bigger?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:41 AM
    I'm very interested in the all touch to replace my Z10. Any educated guesses as to what the screen size would be? I assume not less than 5". Maybe bigger?

Posted via CB10
    [RUMOR] It should be a 5" or a 5.2" FullHD lcd display. And it should come out within the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:01 PM
    Ever been to a rock concert?
    There's no heat without a flame. There's no love without desire..... Etc etc bad company lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-11-16 12:25 PM
    I just want a quality BlackBerry device that runs apps. The Priv costs too much and quality seems off to me. I want an IPhone / Android BlackBerry device that is affordable but quality.

It doesn't have to do anything fancy just have BB Data transfer setup seamlessly and run email and apps and quickly.

I have the Z30 and it is slowing down and hardware issues. Always messing around with slow Android apps that don't work or barely work.

Rant over.
    I'd have to say that the quality of my priv seems good but I understand if you don't want to spend that much. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the payment plan on vzw

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-11-16 12:27 PM
    It said those devices will hold two new hardware features. I propose: IR port + fingerprint scanner (or maybe front cam flash).
    04-12-16 08:17 AM
    I wonder if we'll see a Priv SE after these guys with SD820 and metal chassis.
    04-17-16 05:21 PM
    I wonder if we'll see a Priv SE after these guys with SD820 and metal chassis.
    The Hamburg is exactly that except the keyboard ;D

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:33 AM
    The Hamburg is exactly that except the keyboard ;D

Posted via CB10
    I doubt. It is a midrange device.
    04-21-16 03:32 AM
    I doubt. It is a midrange device.
    I meant as in appearance wise lol. I'm not sure about the specs though. Of course it's not gonna be like the Priv but maybe something close to the Passport is my guess

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 04:29 AM
    I meant as in appearance wise lol. I'm not sure about the specs though. Of course it's not gonna be like the Priv but maybe something close to the Passport is my guess

Posted via CB10
    No it's not. Looks more like the Classic and Z30 style-wise, IMO. Rome however looks like the Priv and Passport SE had a baby.
    04-21-16 06:37 AM
    No it's not. Looks more like the Classic and Z30 style-wise, IMO. Rome however looks like the Priv and Passport SE had a baby.
    This.
    04-21-16 09:47 AM
    For me, I've come to terms with the fact that OS10 is out, which I'm very ok with since there's a huge lack of apps and even with the Play Store on my BB it's still glitchy and not great so having Android makes sense.

I tried the Priv for a week when it came out, I don't like the hardware as I don't need a slider so I am hoping they come out with either an all touch or a PKB model.

Why don't I just go to Samsung S7? Because I really really like the Hub, BB's integration with exchange emails, BB's Keyboard, BB's Calendar etc. using an Android device without these is a terrible experience for a business person always on the go. And sure you can get those on an Android now but I am trying to get away from having pieced together solutions "working" but not as if it was built for it.

I would actually pay good money, how much I don't know at least $100 to have a 100% working/integrated BB Apps Software Suite for Android created by BB.
    04-21-16 10:26 AM
120 1234 ...