07-05-15 12:44 AM
128 ... 3456
tools
    This is just rumoured info

Screen 4'5 inch (1440 x 1440)
    Battery 3,450mAh
    Processor: 2.0ghz quad core (down-clocked)
    8mp camera (rear)
    2mp (front )

I've been told by a friend (nothing official) that we must think of it like the Q10 & Q5 partnership. Specs will be similar between the devices.

EG Passport = Q10 and the "Oslo" = Q5

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Same old crappy camera. They must still have a bunch of left overs from the Z10 pile.

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    04-29-15 02:16 PM
    Same old crappy camera. They must still have a bunch of left overs from the Z10 pile.

Posted via CB10
    You never know, it could be a updated 8mp lense with a F2.0 aperture or something. Also remember, if the info is true, the "Oslo" is meant to be a Q5 upgrade. So. For people coming from a 5mp to a 8mp, it will be an improvement. Plus a massive screen res and size increase. Stay positive and hopeful.

04-29-15 03:05 PM
    You never know, it could be a updated 8mp lense with a F2.0 aperture or something. Also remember, if the info is true, the "Oslo" is meant to be a Q5 upgrade. So. For people coming from a 5mp to a 8mp, it will be an improvement. Plus a massive screen res and size increase. Stay positive and hopeful.

While this is true, unless BlackBerry upgrades their camera software they're better off building phones with 5mp cameras. At least then they have some sort of an excuse for picture quality lol. Point is, it needs a significant update.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:15 PM
    What is meant by this phone Being released in China? Hong Kong only or with Mainland China? I live in China and am interested in the passport which is not sold nor supported here. I am afraid of the double typing issue as no warranty will be available. If this rumored Oslo is coming to the whole China I will be patient and not hesitating so much regarding the passport.
    05-14-15 04:34 AM
    What is meant by this phone Being released in China? Hong Kong only or with Mainland China? I live in China and am interested in the passport which is not sold nor supported here. I am afraid of the double typing issue as no warranty will be available. If this rumored Oslo is coming to the whole China I will be patient and not hesitating so much regarding the passport.
    1) As far as I know, the double typing issue is only present with the Q10, The Passport suffers in rare occasions with a screen Flicker, but should have been fixed with the latest update.

2) At the moment, there are many rumours going around about the BlackBerry "Oslo" apparently is geared towards a budget version of the Passport.

Think about the Q10 and Q5 relationship. The Q5 is basically a budget Q10. The Oslo seems to be going global later in the year, around November I have heard.

Hope this helps in some way

05-19-15 02:25 PM
    1) As far as I know, the double typing issue is only present with the Q10, The Passport suffers in rare occasions with a screen Flicker, but should have been fixed with the latest update.

2) At the moment, there are many rumours going around about the BlackBerry "Oslo" apparently is geared towards a budget version of the Passport.

Think about the Q10 and Q5 relationship. The Q5 is basically a budget Q10. The Oslo seems to be going global later in the year, around November I have heard.

Hope this helps in some way

Considering that their are reports that BlackBerry devices sales are going to half of last quarter in this coming quarter, perhaps BlackBerry should focus on other devices instead of cheaper versions of failed form factors.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    05-19-15 06:19 PM
    Enterprise wants the passport form factor at a lower price. Makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 08:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sure they do. That's why iPhone is eating BlackBerry's lunch in Enterprise. They are only retaining highly secure customers, but are even losing some of those like the Navy to iOS. Where is the info that proves enterprises want PKB devices? You can get a Passport for $99 on a business contract. It is cheap enough and not selling well.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 08:34 PM
    Sure they do. That's why iPhone is eating BlackBerry's lunch in Enterprise. They are only retaining highly secure customers, but are even losing some of those like the Navy to iOS. Where is the info that proves enterprises want PKB devices? You can get a Passport for $99 on a business contract. It is cheap enough and not selling well.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry asks enterprise users in focus groups. They've actually said this. They said that enterprise users want keyboards.

Top be frank, I am a consumer and given how much I type on my phone, I can not wait for the slider. The touch keyboard BBRY has is great but it is still not fast enough. Full size keyboards are still the best.
    05-20-15 08:00 AM
    Actually, the devices that were confirmed were: a slider, the leap, a Porsche designed device, and another "keyboard based device".
    Another PKB doesn't rule out a Passport 2 either. But I don't think it will be a passport 'cause we know the Porsche Passport is coming out and it would suck for porsche users to get a last year's model when an updated version is just released. I also don't think it will be a brand new device but instead an updated or rebranded version of what we already know. I would like to see a passport spec Q10 (of course with a different name)... it would be kinda like a mini passport... maybe this is the visa.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:46 PM
    Blackberry asks enterprise users in focus groups. They've actually said this. They said that enterprise users want keyboards.

Top be frank, I am a consumer and given how much I type on my phone, I can not wait for the slider. The touch keyboard BBRY has is great but it is still not fast enough. Full size keyboards are still the best.
    Agreed but double typing ones are worse than touch.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Enterprise always wants a good quality phone at a cheap price. This way their costs go down and their employees are happy. There will always be a market for qwerty users just like their will always be a market for the stupid iwatch lol

BlackBerry must just put out one quality qwerty each year and possibly focus a little more on full touch since that's what the public is looking for most.

05-21-15 01:53 PM
    The oslo looks nothing different than a passport except for being grey.
    I wish black berry would make a passport thats a bit less wide and four row keyboard with the same internals.
    Yes, you might say they did with the classic, but the classic has 2013 internals (Q10) and thats unfortunate because otherwise I would have gotten that one.
    Now that I have used the passport, cant imagine going back to older internals when the passport is perfect right now in terms of performance. I dont mid that is wide, what I dont like is the need to use the virtual keyboard at the top (like for shift, comas, etc) and that I cant use it one handed despite having huge hands. But otherwise Im in love with it and cant imagine anything less. Heck I cant see why people are not more interested in it, better than any android or iphone in my opinion, and I had the Iphone 6 plus.
    05-21-15 02:27 PM
    Is it just me, or does the keyboard look like some cheap rubber finish?
    06-09-15 07:44 AM
    Based on the new image just released, there is a parting joint on either side just above the keyboard (an odd place for a joint), and they appear to be slightly less than flush...perhaps this keyboard can slide out and be replaced, perhaps with a 4 row KB, or just a cover for a KB-less version...humm
    06-09-15 09:42 AM
    Based on the new image just released, there is a parting joint on either side just above the keyboard (an odd place for a joint), and they appear to be slightly less than flush...perhaps this keyboard can slide out and be replaced, perhaps with a 4 row KB, or just a cover for a KB-less version...humm
    I see what your talking about but I think it's just where plastic parts meet metal. You can see more clearly on a side angle as shown on the attached pic.

BlackBerry Oslo-img_1485_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    deptech and eldricho like this.
    06-09-15 11:29 AM
    What if this is a smaller Passport. Like, say, 1080 x 1080 screen at like 3.7 inches?
    06-09-15 02:51 PM
    What if this is a smaller Passport. Like, say, 1080 x 1080 screen at like 3.7 inches?
    I will be extremely happy person and up to $1000 less rich at the release date.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 03:46 PM
    Reports say it's identical to the regular Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 03:52 PM
    If this is Q10/Q5 combo I don't expect it to be substantially cheaper. Q5 was like what 75% of the Q10 price when everyone thought it's going to be 50% or less. Maybe further down the road we will see the price drop alongside original Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 03:52 AM
    06-10-15 06:37 AM
    I really like the device. Its reminds me of the samsung P300 i had many years ago

Will def buy this one if / when it comes to europe!
    06-10-15 05:17 PM
    I see what your talking about but I think it's just where plastic parts meet metal. You can see more clearly on a side angle as shown on the attached pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1485_edit.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	356694

Posted via CB10
    Att passport has this too.

Nothing to get all excited about. It is where the plastic meets the metal on the rounded corner passport and I think it was done to reduce the chance of the passport bending.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 07:04 PM
    #GapGate lol I can see the headlines

While I'm not too fussed about this metal meeting plastic "gap" I hope they make it a little less obvious before release

06-11-15 12:51 PM
    I just wished there was Cantonese input for BB10...
    I concur!

Current handwriting recognition gives priority to simplified Chinese, and there's not a setting to alter this behavior!
    06-24-15 05:27 AM
128 ... 3456