07-05-15 01:44 AM
128 ... 23456
tools
    Hopefully this isn't the Porsche design Passport. It doesn't even look all that premium.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-19-15 12:47 AM
    I'll agree with you that they were never confirmed but it wasn't user assumption, I always remembered it coming straight from Chen.
    That's true but that might very be next year, or the year after

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:59 AM
    Could be. Will have to be able to actually handle one at a Verizon store. Will that be possible? Or will be another exclusive somewhere else?
    I hope it's not an exclusive device. The Slider needs to be available to all. And could be the BB10 device that rectifies the brand image once and for all. Attracting Android users to the BB10 family.
    Let's hope so.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-19-15 11:24 PM
    I hope it's not an exclusive device. The Slider needs to be available to all. And could be the BB10 device that rectifies the brand image once and for all. Attracting Android users to the BB10 family.
    Let's hope so.

Sexy White Z30....
    Why do you think it would attract Android users?
    04-20-15 10:38 AM
    Let's hope so.

Sexy White Z30....
    Moreso than any other BB10 device thus far, a slider could excite the masses. I agree.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:18 PM
    Let's hope so.

Sexy White Z30....
    Agree but not holding my breath. Passport wasn't, Torch wasn't. BlackBerry has a thing for making their best devices GSM only it seems.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:53 AM
    Agree but not holding my breath. Passport wasn't, Torch wasn't. BlackBerry has a thing for making their best devices GSM only it seems.

Posted via CB10
    CDMA isn't growing. It's kind of a dead end tech right now and Verizon and Sprint will eventually retire those dinosaurs. Kind of hard to make a device specialized to those networks without having a commitment to buy from them. Also both those carriers don't allow you to bring over unlocked devices, even if they do support CDMA, so BlackBerry can't sell them direct for use on those networks.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-15 10:38 AM
    CDMA isn't growing. It's kind of a dead end tech right now and Verizon and Sprint will eventually retire those dinosaurs. Kind of hard to make a device specialized to those networks without having a commitment to buy from them. Also both those carriers don't allow you to bring over unlocked devices, even if they do support CDMA, so BlackBerry can't sell them direct for use on those networks.

Posted via CB10
    I know it will be awhile before CDMA will be shut off but do you think after that, that VZW will start to allow devices not branded by them?
    04-22-15 10:44 AM
    I know it will be awhile before CDMA will be shut off but do you think after that, that VZW will start to allow devices not branded by them?
    Well LTE uses SIM cards so they should. If they don't then it would be a sad move by them. CDMA had a SIM like option that would have allowed unlocked CDMA, think it was called RUID, and the card was compatible with GSM SIM, but neither chose to implement it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-15 10:56 AM
    I think it's just a different passport. Targeting people like my self who like the att version but doesn't want to commit with att.
    Also targeting the rest of the world with an updated rounded corner device that everybody really prefer to use.
    My opinion...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Very true. Just frustrating as Sprint is cheap and I get excellent signal strength.

When the slider comes out I'll probably switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:22 PM
    Very true. Just frustrating as Sprint is cheap and I get excellent signal strength.

When the slider comes out I'll probably switch.

Posted via CB10
    I was with them for over 10 years. Used to be great, but they fell way behind when they bought Nextel, then decided to go with WiMax for 4G but never put effort into it. They killed off their international plans, which they just brought back. Poor phone selection for international travel. Finally had to bail to T-Mobile. Great in metro areas, but lacking in the sticks, but when in those metro areas and LTE fastest service I've seen.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:41 PM
    Why do you think it would attract Android users?
    Great Question. Because of its rumoured high end Spec's, uniqueness of the device, and the fact it runs most Android Apps.

Sexy White Z30....
    kekos likes this.
    04-23-15 09:18 AM
    Great Question. Because of its rumoured high end Spec's, uniqueness of the device, and the fact it runs most Android Apps.

Sexy White Z30....
    Most apps that are on Amazon app store and not blocked by devs.
    04-23-15 09:40 AM

Sexy White Z30....
    OK but it will likely have GS6/GS6 Edge Specs, and not be available until at least 4 to 6 months after the GS6. It won't run Android apps better than the GS6 does, and likely worse due to Google Play dependencies. It almost certainly won't be cheaper than the GS6. So what would make the slider in 4 to 6 months + appealing over the GS6 now, or then?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:43 AM
    You get me them all too since you have so much money.
    If I had the money I would buy everyone a BlackBerry Z30, a BlackBerry Oslo, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry "Venice," and any other new device!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-23-15 06:49 PM
    Google translator...

You may have seen renderings smartphone BlackBerry Oslo, published resource BlackBerry Central, and today on Weibo, a new image of the smartphone, and although, as in the case of BlackBerry Porsche

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry Oslo-blackberry-oslo-71.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Last edited by Matty; 04-26-15 at 02:53 PM.
    04-26-15 11:55 AM
    Don't you find it quite awkward the rounded edges on the bottom and squared on the top ? I suppose they couldn't take the full AT&T redesign....
    Anyway, probably my next phone, hope it comes to France at a similar (lower) price tag than the Passport... It is probably worth it compared to said passport?
    04-27-15 12:47 PM
    Don't you find it quite awkward the rounded edges on the bottom and squared on the top ? I suppose they couldn't take the full AT&T redesign....
    Anyway, probably my next phone, hope it comes to France at a similar (lower) price tag than the Passport... It is probably worth it compared to said passport?
    What's the difference between them?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:51 AM
    What's the difference between them?

Posted via CB10
    This is just rumoured info

Screen 4'5 inch (1440 x 1440)
    Battery 3,450mAh
    Processor: 2.0ghz quad core (down-clocked)
    8mp camera (rear)
    2mp (front )

I've been told by a friend (nothing official) that we must think of it like the Q10 & Q5 partnership. Specs will be similar between the devices.

EG Passport = Q10 and the "Oslo" = Q5

04-28-15 12:52 PM

Battery 3,450mAh
    8mp camera (rear)
    2mp (front )

I've been told by a friend (nothing official) that we must think of it like the Q10 & Q5 partnership. Specs will be similar between the devices.

Very interesting, thanks for that.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 12:59 PM
    The Chenster is already backing away from 4 device statement. So this phone might be more vaporware to string existing customers along to not leave while they get their software ready for other phone OS.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-28-15 03:47 PM

Battery 3,450mAh
    8mp camera (rear)
    2mp (front )

Oh no, not another cutting board size phone. My Q10 needs new internals.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:01 AM
    Yea I don't like it either. I much prefer the AT&T variant of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 02:02 PM
128 ... 23456