07-05-15 12:44 AM
128 12345 ...
tools
    I hope that's what it is. There's no need for a Passport 2 already. Instead of that cater to those who want a full touch. You've already got the Slider crowd happy with the device in the works.

Posted via CB10
    What?

By the same reasoning there's no need for a full touch already. You guys already have the Z10 and Z30.
    04-17-15 05:53 PM
    What?

By the same reasoning there's no need for a full touch already. You guys already have the Z10 and Z30.
    They/we are asking for a refreshment that is decently or at least half-decently speced full touch. Not with a 3 years old standard

Simply 
    04-17-15 06:53 PM
    They/we are asking for a refreshment that is decently or at least half-decently speced full touch. Not with a 3 years old standard

Simply 
    Passport will get old too.
    04-17-15 06:58 PM
    Wow! Could there be a chance to name it something else?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    Why? Any bad memories with Oslo?
    Cuz it will be called the BlackBerry Oh! Slow!
    04-17-15 08:08 PM
    I hope that's what it is. There's no need for a Passport 2 already. Instead of that cater to those who want a full touch. You've already got the Slider crowd happy with the device in the works.

Posted via CB10
    Its nt PP2. Its PP 1.2.
    And for all you people eagerly waiting (me too) - slider is coming!!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:40 PM
    It will, and by all means when it does pump out a successor, but for the time being it was literally launched like 5 months ago. No need for a replacement already was my point.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:50 PM
    Quad core and 3gb of ram is definitely better than dual core with 2gb of ram

Simply 
    04-18-15 04:15 AM
    Not sure what to think of this:

"@BB_ForMe: @TheBBCentral rumour is, it may be running Android, at least that's what the rumblings are internally."
    04-18-15 05:20 AM
    Not sure what to think of this:

"@BB_ForMe: @TheBBCentral rumour is, it may be running Android, at least that's what the rumblings are internally."
    Maybe it will run an hybrid version of BB10-Tizen? Why completely abandon BB10 software if that's the strenght of the Company,as per J Chen?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:45 AM
    Why completely abandon BB10 software it that's the strenght of the Company,as per J Chen?
    Because the BB10 ecosystem is pretty much dead and Android Apps run worse than on "normal" Android Smartphones. A Cyangogenmod-like Android Fork with a few security options built-in would close the app gap immediately. A BB10-Tizen makes no sense as Tizen doesn't have an ecosystem itself.
    04-18-15 05:51 AM
    Hopefully this will be the Passport 2 & released in the US on all the carriers(Verizon)!!
    04-18-15 06:25 AM
    What is the point of three different looking Passports. BB wasting resources on this. Rather use that money on a high end 5'5" full touch glider. Just saying.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    04-18-15 08:01 AM
    What would be the point of a virtual keyboard with physical frets over a simple touch-screen device with Passport dimensions? Thumb placement?
    04-18-15 09:00 AM
    How accurate can be this news ? Where is the fcc report ? I'm very exited for passport 2 but doubt about the news authenticity.
    Tell me I'm wrong ! ! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Love your profile pic; yes "Bonne Maman" jam from France is the BEST . But I prefer the raspberry.....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-18-15 09:17 AM
    But the BlackBerry Central post has an update:

"Update: The device is apparently not meant specifically for the China market - and is supposed to launch as a Globally available device."

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...ackberry-oslo/
    04-18-15 09:20 AM
    I don't think this is one of THE 4.

Just a tweaked device for new market areas. If BlackBerry thinks they can make money with it, go for it.
    04-18-15 09:37 AM
    I don't think this is one of THE 4.

Just a tweaked device for new market areas. If BlackBerry thinks they can make money with it, go for it.
    I think you're right. If it was the porsche passport wouldn't it say say "porsche" on the front like all the other porsche blackberry designs.
    04-18-15 10:40 AM
    What is the point of three different looking Passports. BB wasting resources on this. Rather use that money on a high end 5'5" full touch glider. Just saying.
    Well for China they had to put out a new model because neither the AT&T nor the factory unlocked Passport would work on two of the biggest Chinese carriers. Now whether the investment in design changes, etc. was necessary, I'm sure everyone has an opinion on that and are entitled to it.
    04-18-15 01:04 PM
    I'd like an all black passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:34 PM
    I'd like a BlackBerry Oslo, a BlackBerry P9983, a BlackBerry Slider, and a BlackBerry Z50.

04-18-15 04:44 PM
    I'd like a BlackBerry Oslo, a BlackBerry P9983, a BlackBerry Slider, and a BlackBerry Z50.

You get me them all too since you have so much money.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-18-15 04:45 PM
    Should've named it the BlackBerry Ocelot

BlackBerry is very admired in Asian countries, despite popular belief. Hope they gain back some traction.

Also, I don' think this is one of the 4 devices slated to come out this year. We were told that there would be a Passport 2 and Classic 2, a Porsche device and maybe the slider? This Oslo is the exact same device as the first Passport.
    Actually, the devices that were confirmed were: a slider, the leap, a Porsche designed device, and another "keyboard based device".

The passport 2 and classic 2 were never actually confirmed, those were just assumptions made my other users.

My guess is: that the Leap comes out soon, the oslo comes out in June, the Slider comes out in September, and the Porsche designed device comes out anytime this year

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:07 PM
    Actually, the devices that were confirmed were: a slider, the leap, a Porsche designed device, and another "keyboard based device".

The passport 2 and classic 2 were never actually confirmed, those were just assumptions made my other users.

My guess is: that the Leap comes out soon, the oslo comes out in June, the Slider comes out in September, and the Porsche designed device comes out anytime this year

Posted via CB10
    Given the receptivity for the Passport, I know that well have at least another generation of that device, said Chen. I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and Ive spoken with a lot of people that want it so I think we will have another iteration on that, and there will be a new concept device too.

Source: BlackBerry Passport 2 and Classic 2 Planned, Says Chen | N4BB
    I'll agree with you that they were never confirmed but it wasn't user assumption, I always remembered it coming straight from Chen.
    04-18-15 08:21 PM
    Hopefully the Passport 2 has an edge screen like S6 Edge

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-18-15 09:14 PM
    I feel like the Oslo may be the Porsche Design version of the Passport, especially if rumors are true and it also comes in graphite. The specs appear to be the same as the Passport, the same way the other Porsche Design phones have identical or slightly better specs than their regular BlackBerry counterpart.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    04-18-15 11:15 PM
128 12345 ...