07-05-15 12:44 AM
128 1234 ...
tools
    Because it's not CDMA as Verizon or Sprint uses. It's TD-SCDMA
    Well damn. I'm waiting for the slider anyway (and I'll switch to T-Mo if necessary) but that would've been nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:42 PM
    I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't seem true.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:42 PM
    Bought my passport in anticipation of the next one not being released till next year....hopefully this won't be released in north america. lol.
    04-17-15 12:02 AM
    Bought my passport in anticipation of the next one not being released till next year....hopefully this won't be released in north america. lol.
    Same guts, different case. It's a cool look but I wouldn't take it over the original.

For about three seconds I wondered if it was going to be the Porsche Design version of the Passport, but the design language doesn't look right.
    04-17-15 12:50 AM
    BlackBerry Oslo-nokia-e61i-side.jpg

memories from the past...
    Q10Bold and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-17-15 01:10 AM
    Looks pretty smart device

Arjun Butola
    04-17-15 01:11 AM
    BB central link says global device.
    04-17-15 06:30 AM
    Have you heard about the Pinyin input method? That is what is normally used for inputting S. Chinese character. Of course, in some cases, people also use handwriting recognition too, but the support is not baked in BB10.
    Hand writing Chinese for traditional and simplified is working fine on BB10, using it since 10.0. I use it daily
    04-17-15 07:23 AM
    For some reason, it looks to me like a Q5-ish version of the Passport, but that's just an impression. It's an interesting design choice to have square shoulders on top and rounded corners on the bottom.
    menshawy likes this.
    04-17-15 07:24 AM
    You might be right I Tried to zoom in on the keys and they don't look like individual keys. And before you mentioned it I was wondering why they would make a physical keyboard with western letters primarily for the Chinese market. It really only makes sense to be a some kind of vertical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    In China the primary input method for Chinese characters is Wubi (literally five strokes), which is keyboard based.
    04-17-15 08:18 AM
    Hand writing Chinese for traditional and simplified is working fine on BB10, using it since 10.0. I use it daily
    I just wished there was Cantonese input for BB10...
    04-17-15 08:18 AM
    What is this BlackBerry Central site? Are they part of Mobile Nations?
    04-17-15 08:51 AM
    Do users in China prefer hardware or virtual keyboards? One would think that software keyboards would be a lot more flexible regarding input preferences. Are hardware keyboards even that common?
    04-17-15 09:09 AM
    Let me share a thought about that device. I just finished reading the post about it on the CB home page and it seems to be a region specific (China) device. Chances are it will be a Passport with different materials and a slightly different form factor. I really hope this is NOT one of the four devices intended for this year.. Because, if that's the case, we'll have:
    - Leap
    - Porsce design (not a device for everybody)
    - Oslo (region specific,a refurbished Passport)
    - Slider

So,with the Leap already out, what we can expect is 'just' the slider that is due for the end of the year? That makes me sad..

Posted via CB10
    this is lousy news for Bb customers. Im disappointed if this is true
    04-17-15 09:22 AM
    this is lousy news for Bb customers. Im disappointed if this is true
    I'm too..let's hope is not true..It would be great if Bla1ze could confirm my thinking or not ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:25 AM
    Should've named it the BlackBerry Ocelot

BlackBerry is very admired in Asian countries, despite popular belief. Hope they gain back some traction.

Also, I don' think this is one of the 4 devices slated to come out this year. We were told that there would be a Passport 2 and Classic 2, a Porsche device and maybe the slider? This Oslo is the exact same device as the first Passport.
    smart548 and Thunderbuck like this.
    04-17-15 10:53 AM
    Should've named it the BlackBerry Ocelot
    Babou.
    04-17-15 10:58 AM
    Well damn. I'm waiting for the slider anyway (and I'll switch to T-Mo if necessary) but that would've been nice.
    This phone says nothing about availability on Sprint/Verizon--even if it was CDMA. Not only do Sprint and Verizon phones have to be CDMA, they have to be flashed to their respective CDMA and be allowed on the respective networks by Sprint/Verizon. So BB can manufacture CDMA phones all day, if they are not whitelisted by Sprint/Verizon, they will not work.

BB central link says global device.
    It could just mean quad-band GSM, UMTS (has to be, in order to work on Unicom) and some FD-LTE bands too.
    04-17-15 01:32 PM
    04-17-15 02:02 PM
    by DYLAN HABKIRK
    04-17-15 02:04 PM
    Looks like a Porsche design BlackBerry

CB10 - Q10
    04-17-15 02:12 PM
    Yes, I think, that it is Porsche Design ‘Keian’
    moegh likes this.
    04-17-15 02:27 PM
    This phone says nothing about availability on Sprint/Verizon--even if it was CDMA. Not only do Sprint and Verizon phones have to be CDMA, they have to be flashed to their respective CDMA and be allowed on the respective networks by Sprint/Verizon. So BB can manufacture CDMA phones all day, if they are not whitelisted by Sprint/Verizon, they will not work..
    O definitely. But the talk was always that BlackBerry won't/shouldn't bother building a device if Sprint/Verizon won't allow it on their networks or promote it. But if they built the device anyway then it's not much of a problem for BlackBerry to slap their names on the outside.

But I'm pretty sure that ship's sailed either way.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 05:33 PM
    Looks like a Porsche design BlackBerry

CB10 - Q10
    I hope that's what it is. There's no need for a Passport 2 already. Instead of that cater to those who want a full touch. You've already got the Slider crowd happy with the device in the works.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 05:43 PM
    I hope that's what it is. There's no need for a Passport 2 already. Instead of that cater to those who want a full touch. You've already got the Slider crowd happy with the device in the works, and PKB crowd has 2 devices in the Classic and Passport to hold them down.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 05:43 PM
128 1234 ...