07-25-14 12:09 PM
317 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Totally fake Road map! Are you suggesting, OP that BlackBerry can't spell WINDERMERE?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-14-14 07:50 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    aha likes this.
    06-14-14 08:13 PM
    Totally fake Road map! Are you suggesting, OP that BlackBerry can't spell WINDERMERE?

Maybe BlackBerry is trying to be unique or maybe we are all misspelling it. Lol

I hadn't noticed that. Good catch.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-14-14 08:31 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Where is mine?!

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 09:08 PM
    Pretty sure the roadmap was created by the OP who runs "BlackBerry Connected"

Posted via My Beast Q10
    06-14-14 09:36 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry is trying to be unique or maybe we are all misspelling it. Lol

I hadn't noticed that. Good catch.

Haha, no, we're not misspelling it. The device is named after Lake Windermere in the county of Cumbria, the lake district, North England.

06-15-14 01:59 AM
    Haha, no, we're not misspelling it. The device is named after Lake Windermere in the county of Cumbria, the lake district, North England.

Yeah, I realize it's a spelling mistake in that graphic. I wonder if that's BlackBerry just making a typo or if it's just made up by a fan.

06-15-14 07:00 AM
    I believe someone who saw the real roadmap made this since they couldn't get the BB one for obvious reasons.
    06-15-14 10:14 AM
    I believe someone who saw the real roadmap made this since they couldn't get the BB one for obvious reasons.
    That could be.

06-15-14 10:30 AM
    Even though I sincerely wish this beast to steam out by the end of this year and fall into my hands, something with in me tells me it ain't happening

CAUTION : MAJ On Z30 Now!!!!
    06-15-14 10:35 AM
    06-15-14 11:53 AM
    Q3 2015? Can't wait that long

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 12:01 PM
    What I said was a relative statement.
    Obviously the Z30 is BlackBerry's flagship, when it comes down to their own portfolio and when we look at BlackBerry in an isolated way.

But compared to the competition, the Z30 wasn't even close to a flagship device.
    When we factor in other devices, their capabilities and their ecosystem, it becomes painfully clear that the Z30 was a midrange device at launch.
    An overpriced midrange device.
    The quality of the competition doesn't affect what would be considered BBRY's flagship device. It may not compare to the other manufacturers flagship devices, but that doesn't mean it's not their flagship device.
    06-15-14 01:50 PM
    The quality of the competition doesn't affect what would be considered BBRY's flagship device. It may not compare to the other manufacturers flagship devices, but that doesn't mean it's not their flagship device.
    I said that it's BlackBerry's flagship.
    The market understands something else from a flagship though.

It's like saying the Peugeot 607 is a flagship in the luxury car segment.
    It just, isn't. It's not even near a BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/Audi (the comparison is flawed, because the Peugeot is at least cheaper than the competition. Something BlackBerry was apparently unable to grasp, is that you don't price your product like a BMW, if it performs like a Peugeot).

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 03:11 PM
    lol 8 GBs ram...windows doesnt even need that much
    Because they can't utilize such memory. BB10 can and some. It shows how far more efficient Bb10 is compared to WP8.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 03:32 PM
    What I said was a relative statement.
    Obviously the Z30 is BlackBerry's flagship, when it comes down to their own portfolio and when we look at BlackBerry in an isolated way.

But compared to the competition, the Z30 wasn't even close to a flagship device.
    When we factor in other devices, their capabilities and their ecosystem, it becomes painfully clear that the Z30 was a midrange device at launch.
    An overpriced midrange device.

Posted via CB10
    Despite the Z30 was a mid range device, and BBRY's flagship, it was (and still is) pretty much the best device in the industry.

This High Spec Delusion was a fabrication by companies like Sony, Samsung, HTC, LC etc., for the sake to differentiate themselves due to running the same old Android OS. A waste of specs IMO, and an OS that does not utilize these high specs properly.

BlackBerry 10, despite its lack luster launch and crap marketing, is far superior technologically. There really is no comparison.

The only strong argument I have is pairing BB10 with High End Device Spec's is simply "LOOK OUT". It should blow anything in the market place out of the water by far.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-15-14 03:43 PM
    [QUOTE=AtInsider;10477533]Despite the Z30 was a mid range device, and BBRY's flagship, it was (and still is) pretty much the best device in the industry.

This High Spec Delusion was a fabrication by companies like Sony, Samsung, HTC, LC etc., for the sake to differentiate themselves due to running the same old Android OS. A waste of specs IMO, and an OS that does not utilize these high specs properly.

And that's why people bought this gimmick because they wanted to be superior. If it came by the way of specs, they bought into it.
    06-15-14 04:52 PM
    Good point.
    I rather see a highly efficient running OS with continued updates versus a battery hogging device with crazy high specs.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 05:47 PM
    Good point.
    I rather see a highly efficient running OS with continued updates versus a battery hogging device with crazy high specs.

Posted via CB10
    Then BlackBerry can continue its downward spiral. Releasing devices with minimal specs hasn't worked so far and won't in the future.

06-15-14 05:55 PM
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah....
    You got the memo of the LG G3 outlasting the Z30 in battery tests?
    That battery hog with a 2k display, and high-end specs? The phone that even has a user replaceable battery to top it off?

No you didn't?
    Then please refrain from technologically illicit comments.

Pro tip:
    Newer processors actually need less power, for the same performance as older processors (more than most of the time).

Also, the highly efficient running OS called WP8 (you know, the one that actually runs fluid on a 512 MB Ram) now also sees the use of high-end specs.
    Did you see the newest generation of Lumias? 1080p display, quadcore, for the time a current GPU, a 2 GB of Ram and a marketleading Camera.
    Same price as the Z30, also an optimised OS (as if Android wouldn't be optimised... It also runs on 512 MB btw), specs in a completely different league and at least a pseudo-ecosystem.

But yeah, please continue to search some excuses why a Z30 costs 600$, even though it basically gets outclassed by any other device for the same amount of money.
    The Z30, at max, was worth a 350-400$ when it launched, in the current market.

Despite the Z30 was a mid range device, and BBRY's flagship, it was (and still is) pretty much the best device in the industry.

BlackBerry 10, despite its lack luster launch and crap marketing, is far superior technologically. There really is no comparison.

The only strong argument I have is pairing BB10 with High End Device Spec's is simply "LOOK OUT". It should blow anything in the market place out of the water by far.

Posted via CB10
    "Superior technologically".
    "The Z30 is the best device in the industry".
    "There really is no competition".
    (^ I agree with this one. No one had the guts, apart from Motorola, to launch a midrange phone for 600$. Nobody competes with as much understanding of the current market-paradigm, as BlackBerry does)

Sorry, but for a phone that probably doesn't even have a 0.1% marketshare (all of BB10 sits at about 0.5%) I wonder how the public was able to miss that "superior technology".
    And in all honesty... The Z30 is nowhere near the best device you can buy for its price.
    With one big exception: enterprise customers with a BES.

You did make me laugh though, so thanks for your post!

Because they can't utilize such memory. BB10 can and some. It shows how far more efficient Bb10 is compared to WP8.

Posted via CB10
    Windows, as in, the desktop OS.
    And saying that BB10 is more efficient than WP8, is also a VERY dubious proposition.

BTW, without a 64bit processor and some 64bit code, no BlackBerry will ever be able to utilise 8GB of Ram....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-15-14 at 06:33 PM.
    06-15-14 06:11 PM
    Where's my Z50?

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-15-14 06:12 PM
    Where's my Z50?

Now that's probably one of the most interesting questions.
    It seems as though there isn't one.

Which basically means that my company will switch to iPhones....
    (because apparently BlackBerry didn't get the memo that most enterprise clients don't buy keyboards anymore)

For the record:
    I am waiting for that Z50, since before the Z30 even launched.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    06-15-14 06:27 PM
    Anyone have that. Gif that says shut up and take my money? BlackBerry should have it where they can take your cc number and just ship you the phone....

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:17 PM
    Do Manitoba in q4. 64 bit support 9 months later.

Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 08:26 PM
    Do Manitoba in q4. 64 bit support 9 months later.

Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    That would be great wouldnt it!

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-16-14 05:20 AM
317 ... 678910 ...