07-25-14 01:09 PM
317 ... 10111213
tools
    I think the Ontario has died, has been nothing on it

Posted via CB10
    That's what I've read. Ontario has been cancelled.

Manitoba is the only touch device currently in the works. It's the Z3 LTE.

Right now there is no high end flagship touch device in the works. Z50 doesn't exist.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-17-14 03:45 PM
    Then why is there 1080x1920 ratio in the latest 10.3 sdk?
    FCBAndrea likes this.
    07-17-14 03:57 PM
    Right now there is no high end flagship touch device in the works. Z50 doesn't exist.
    Not true.

1080x1920 device still in testing. Obviously just because you heard a rumour about it being cancelled, doesn't justify declaring that there is not device in the works when proof would indicate that one is.
    07-17-14 04:01 PM
    Probably for Z3 LTE, they have to have something, they can't be that dumb as to forget about all those Z customers

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 04:01 PM
    Probably for Z3 LTE, they have to have something, they can't be that dumb as to forget about all those Z customers

Posted via CB10
    At this point, don't put anything past them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:21 PM
    At this point, don't put anything past them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Posted via CB10
    I'm due for an upgrade in December, I'm going to hold off until the Samsung Galaxy S6 is released to see if BlackBerry reveal a high end all touch screen flagship or if there is any reliable proof of one coming. If there isn't then I'm afraid BlackBerry have lost me as a customer, it'll be a sad day if I leave BlackBerry but that is what BlackBerry are doing pushing the biggest market in smartphones away in an attempt to keep a fast shrinking market.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 05:30 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade in December, I'm going to hold off until the Samsung Galaxy S6 is released to see if BlackBerry reveal a high end all touch screen flagship or if there is any reliable proof of one coming. If there isn't then I'm afraid BlackBerry have lost me as a customer, it'll be a sad day if I leave BlackBerry but that is what BlackBerry are doing pushing the biggest market in smartphones away in an attempt to keep a fast shrinking market.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. It's unfortunate. I think this new strategy of BlackBerry is going to drive away many customers in the end. That poll here on CB showed very clearly that most of us want a touch device, but BlackBerry insist on focusing on keyboards.

I'll with you. If they don't have something high end by the time my contract is up I'll definitely be exploring moving to either Windows Phone or Samsung.

07-18-14 06:10 AM
    Well said. It's unfortunate. I think this new strategy of BlackBerry is going to drive away many customers in the end. That poll here on CB showed very clearly that most of us want a touch device, but BlackBerry insist on focusing on keyboards.

I'll with you. If they don't have something high end by the time my contract is up I'll definitely be exploring moving to either Windows Phone or Samsung.

@crazigee and @Stuart445 it amazes me how people say how much they love the platform of BlackBerry 10 yet it is so easy for both of you to switch to some other platform in a blink of an eye. Do you even know why you've been using BlackBerry 10 up to this point? Just leave already and stop whining.....

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    07-18-14 07:13 AM
    @crazigee and @Stuart445 it amazes me how people say how much they love the platform of BlackBerry 10 yet it is so easy for both of you to switch to some other platform in a blink of an eye. Do you even know why you've been using BlackBerry 10 up to this point? Just leave already and stop whining.....

See this is completely unnecessary. Of course they know why they have been using BB10..just like you know why you have. What do you suggest they do..stay committed to BlackBerry even if BlackBerry isn't releasing a device they want to use? That would be ridiculous. I feel the same way they do. I have been with BlackBerry for 7 years and I have ZERO desire to go to another brand. I also have zero desire to go back to a qwerty device. If BlackBerry decides to no longer make a full touch or is going to take an eternity to release one, no one wants to just sit around and wait.

Z10
    07-18-14 07:46 AM

It's not an easy change at all, I don't want to move but I have to be realistic my Z30 is an awesome phone but it won't last forever. The classic is a good looking phone but a physical keyboard no longer appeals to me as the virtual blackberry keyboard is hugely better than the physical one bigger buttons and just as responsive. Blackberry must have spent a fortune on the virtual one as you don't get quality like that cheaply. The Passport appeals only to blind people as surely people with the gift of sight won't like the look of it. Also why would you say no to the Classics keyboard for that and why would you also say no to the virtual one for a cramped keyboard like the Passports also the size of the thing makes it look daft.

I can only wait for so long there has to be a cut off point when I have to make a decision on whether to stay or leave Blackberry I'd like it to be to stay with Blackberry but with Chens backwards thinking I doubt it's going to be that.
    07-18-14 10:39 AM
    I think we get it. ... You don't like the direction BlackBerry is taking. Better get a new slab phone out soon, or you're taking off. ... Duly noted.

Not to be disrespectful, but you have filled up several threads with basically the same content for a period of at least a few weeks. How about giving us 1 week in which you don't hit on any topics that have already be beaten to death. As I type this, I will note that I have done the same thing ... moaning and groaning about how much I want to see a BlackBerry slider phone and how lame it is that none has been released, or is likely to be. I will agree (and I hope I remember) not to post anything about sliders all of next week.

Deal?

:-)

It's not an easy change at all, I don't want to move but I have to be realistic my Z30 is an awesome phone but it won't last forever. The classic is a good looking phone but a physical keyboard no longer appeals to me as the virtual blackberry keyboard is hugely better than the physical one bigger buttons and just as responsive. Blackberry must have spent a fortune on the virtual one as you don't get quality like that cheaply. The Passport appeals only to blind people as surely people with the gift of sight won't like the look of it. Also why would you say no to the Classics keyboard for that and why would you also say no to the virtual one for a cramped keyboard like the Passports also the size of the thing makes it look daft.

I can only wait for so long there has to be a cut off point when I have to make a decision on whether to stay or leave Blackberry I'd like it to be to stay with Blackberry but with Chens backwards thinking I doubt it's going to be that.
    07-18-14 12:13 PM
    I think we get it. ... You don't like the direction BlackBerry is taking. Better get a new slab phone out soon, or you're taking off. ... Duly noted.

Not to be disrespectful, but you have filled up several threads with basically the same content for a period of at least a few weeks. How about giving us 1 week in which you don't hit on any topics that have already be beaten to death. As I type this, I will note that I have done the same thing ... moaning and groaning about how much I want to see a BlackBerry slider phone and how lame it is that none has been released, or is likely to be. I will agree (and I hope I remember) not to post anything about sliders all of next week.

Deal?

:-)
    A slider phone would be a good compromise, at least it'd look like it was meant to be like that not a huge square thing with a physical keyboard on it that just looks like an after thought.
    07-18-14 12:52 PM
    I agree. But given that a slider doesn't appear to be on the horizon, I may very well be buying a Passport, despite it not being the exact phone I want. Whatever it is, it will be an improvement in many ways over my current phone, which has just about outlived its usefulness.

OK... Will do my best not to type the word "slider" unless referring to White Castle hamburgers for the next 7 days. :-)

A slider phone would be a good compromise, at least it'd look like it was meant to be like that not a huge square thing with a physical keyboard on it that just looks like an after thought.
    07-18-14 04:16 PM
    This picture was taken during our last event in the Philippines called the BlackBerry advantage,held in Makati last June 21,2014.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 07:22 PM
    This picture was taken during our last event in the Philippines called the BlackBerry advantage,held in Makati last June 21,2014.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    Mathony, I think you forgot to post that photo.

07-19-14 09:45 PM
    BlackBerry Manitoba Rumored Specs-img_20140621_103537.jpg

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 10:53 PM
    You're exactly right. I've been in my local VZW store and could not find the z30. I honestly don't believe there is a BB on a shelf in my town. There is no momentum and the Z10 and Z30 are now out of date spec wise to sell today but will hold up as current devices till 2015. IMO, Create the buzz again in enterprise. Then hear the, That's great, but is there an all touch?.... then BAM! Release the Kraken! (maybe that's what they should name it!) BB only ever became popular from the enterprise side. Granted, lightening doesn't usually strike twice, but.... here's to hoping. I'm looking into the Passport, but would rather have the next Z iteration.
    Agreed.

I was into a Telstra shop (Aus.) and saw a single Z30, oh and a Q10... this week... nothing. Better Ramp it up BB. You can heat up a pan but if it is taken off the fire nothing will cook. I'm tired of this waiting game. Isn't the reason BB went with outside manufacturing is to get builds done cheaper? Well pour some fire on that gasoline... lol
    07-20-14 03:38 AM
    I find the suggestion that someone will switch FROM BB10 to another platform solely for the form factor to be absolutely implausible. Even Umi acknowledged that BB10 hardware is great and the reason he switched was for Google services, not the hardware.

I'd I were BlackBerry management, I'd feel pretty confident that anyone still with me has no hardware-based reason to leave, and not take their empty threats seriously: like i'm going to switch to Android if Samsung releases a large screen portrait slider. NOPE, because it won't be running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:30 AM
    I find the suggestion that someone will switch FROM BB10 to another platform solely for the form factor to be absolutely implausible. Even Umi acknowledged that BB10 hardware is great and the reason he switched was for Google services, not the hardware.

I'd I were BlackBerry management, I'd feel pretty confident that anyone still with me has no hardware-based reason to leave, and not take their empty threats seriously: like i'm going to switch to Android if Samsung releases a large screen portrait slider. NOPE, because it won't be running BB10.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is good, very good even but it's not that good that I will have a phone that is extremely ugly and totally in practical to carry around and I think you'll find I'm not alone. The passport won't win the customers BlackBerry have lost back, it'll more likely make the already minuscule market share even smaller.

BlackBerry Passport = the most un mobile mobile phone I've seen since the Motorola Dynatac

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:03 PM
    Cool story bro

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:34 PM
    I find the suggestion that someone will switch FROM BB10 to another platform solely for the form factor to be absolutely implausible.

Posted via CB10
    I can't agree with this at all. In fact I think it's absolutely implausible (for me anyway) to expect me to use a device that I think is hideous and completely impractical for my needs..regardless of what OS it's running.

Z10
    07-20-14 12:36 PM
    It's just like driving an ugly pos car, screw driving a to b. It's about the experience

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:38 PM
    I can't agree with this at all. In fact I think it's absolutely implausible (for me anyway) to expect me to use a device that I think is hideous and completely impractical for my needs..regardless of what OS it's running.

Z10
    I completely agree with you.

07-21-14 12:27 AM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-21-14 09:36 AM

Z10
    For anyone who is more about style than substance, i.e. the hardware is more important than the OS, what are you waiting for? The HTC One is right there, available worldwide on many carriers. DLTDHYAOTWO.

And yet... you're still here... threats to abandon BB10 are empty. Hence, implausible.

I DARE you to switch.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-21-14 09:40 AM
317 ... 10111213