07-25-14 12:09 PM
317 ... 910111213
tools
    Manitoba is the Z3 lte? But rumor specs are a 5.2 screen? The z3 is 5''?

posted via my Z10 ?
    Key word there being 'rumor' there's not even any substantial evidence to prove such a thing exists. No roadmap that isn't user created, no leaked images, nothing. Just text on webpages and lots of hyperbole.
    06-23-14 04:40 PM
    Key word there being 'rumor' there's not even any substantial evidence to prove such a thing exists. No roadmap that isn't user created, no leaked images, nothing. Just text on webpages and lots of hyperbole.
    Great news:

# HDMI port availability
    case "$PLATFORM_LOWERCASE" in
    r092|r093|r094|cappuccino|americano*|laredo|kopi*| jat|classic*|manitoba*)
    export NO_PHY_HDMI_AVAILABLE=1
    ;;
    esac

That there's from 10.3.0.700.
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    06-23-14 06:57 PM
    Great news:

# HDMI port availability
    case "$PLATFORM_LOWERCASE" in
    r092|r093|r094|cappuccino|americano*|laredo|kopi*| jat|classic*|manitoba*)
    export NO_PHY_HDMI_AVAILABLE=1
    ;;
    esac

That there's from 10.3.0.700.
    Wasn't Kopi cancelled? This isn't really evidence... the Manitoba could also have been cancelled...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 11:49 PM
    BlackBerry Manitoba Rumored Specs-img_20140621_103537.jpg Here is our Manitoba!

Posted using P'9982
    06-24-14 12:04 AM
    Wasn't Kopi cancelled? This isn't really evidence... the Manitoba could also have been cancelled...

Posted via CB10
    Kopi and Cafe are still alive and kicking in the OS. Besides, most of the code was reused to create the Jakarta.

Anyway, plus the above HDMI port thing and some other references, the Manitoba appears to be a cheaper Z30 built by the Chinese.
    06-24-14 12:17 AM
    The problem is how much money would be spent on developing and producing the devices Vs how much money would be recouped in sales. The Z10 and Z30 didn't exactly set sales records. There must be demand before supply in this case. Choosing the market that has requested a device allows BlackBerry to develop and sell the Passport and Classic in health and enterprise. The Z3 covers emerging markets. Let them stabilize the hardware department first before they go making all sorts of sizes.

Posted via CB10
    That's perfectly fine, but something has to be said about waiting too long and killing any momentum you did have, albeit how small. Both of the Z devices are great, but arguably 'failed' because nobody knew about them. Where can / could an average consumer go to buy a Z30? I live in NYC and still haven't seen a single one in use, in a store, or on a person. Not a single ad or mention. The Z10 had some movement, and I still see a couple every so often, but again there just isn't enough messaging out there (beyond fan sites) about these devices. They need a touch device with current specs out there ASAP - not to compete fully, but to give those people that were intrigued or found out about the Z's too late something new to consider. Ignoring them is about the worst thing they can do.

For the record, stabilizing the hardware department with a bunch of keyboard devices will win over the legacy crowd, but it will further isolate the company from making any inroads to the average user. (and maybe that's what they want- a large piece of a constantly shrinking, tiny pie, that is beyond its expiry date).
    06-24-14 12:05 PM
    Its Looking like manitoba is a refreshed Z3 with 720p screen and LTE Z30 radio.

Differentiate or Die.
    06-25-14 01:00 AM
    Did we ever get the answer to: "Where is my Z50"?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-25-14 04:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's coming in the form of Ontario I guess....
    Lol

CAUTION : MAJ On Z30 Now!!!!
    06-25-14 05:00 AM
    It's coming in the form of Ontario I guess....
    Lol

My memory fails me right now.... When did they launch the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:16 AM
    My memory fails me right now.... When did they launch the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Wow...i think you have been taking a long nap...lol...(if you are not joking)
    It came last September, just FYI...

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-25-14 05:33 AM
    Wow...i think you have been taking a long nap...lol...(if you are not joking)
    It came last September, just FYI...

I wasn't sure if it was this year or last one.
    Tech moves fast, ya know?
    But thank you!

I asked because I wondered about the release interval between touchscreen flagships.
    So Z10 was Feb 2013, Z30 was September 2013 and the next one will be 2015...

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and anon(870071) like this.
    06-25-14 05:38 AM
    I wasn't sure if it was this year or last one.
    Tech moves fast, ya know?
    But thank you!

I asked because I wondered about the release interval between touchscreen flagships.
    So Z10 was Feb 2013, Z30 was September 2013 and the next one will be 2015...

Posted via CB10
    No worries, you are always welcome
    2015, we hope so )

06-25-14 05:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    No..... arg.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    06-25-14 08:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not being asked enough. lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-25-14 11:53 AM
    It's not being asked enough. lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Where is my Z50?!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:00 PM
    That's perfectly fine, but something has to be said about waiting too long and killing any momentum you did have, albeit how small. Both of the Z devices are great, but arguably 'failed' because nobody knew about them. Where can / could an average consumer go to buy a Z30? I live in NYC and still haven't seen a single one in use, in a store, or on a person. Not a single ad or mention. The Z10 had some movement, and I still see a couple every so often, but again there just isn't enough messaging out there (beyond fan sites) about these devices. They need a touch device with current specs out there ASAP - not to compete fully, but to give those people that were intrigued or found out about the Z's too late something new to consider. Ignoring them is about the worst thing they can do.

For the record, stabilizing the hardware department with a bunch of keyboard devices will win over the legacy crowd, but it will further isolate the company from making any inroads to the average user. (and maybe that's what they want- a large piece of a constantly shrinking, tiny pie, that is beyond its expiry date).
    You're exactly right. I've been in my local VZW store and could not find the z30. I honestly don't believe there is a BB on a shelf in my town. There is no momentum and the Z10 and Z30 are now out of date spec wise to sell today but will hold up as current devices till 2015. IMO, Create the buzz again in enterprise. Then hear the, That's great, but is there an all touch?.... then BAM! Release the Kraken! (maybe that's what they should name it!) BB only ever became popular from the enterprise side. Granted, lightening doesn't usually strike twice, but.... here's to hoping. I'm looking into the Passport, but would rather have the next Z iteration.
    06-26-14 02:34 AM
    You're exactly right. I've been in my local VZW store and could not find the z30. I honestly don't believe there is a BB on a shelf in my town. There is no momentum and the Z10 and Z30 are now out of date spec wise to sell today but will hold up as current devices till 2015. IMO, Create the buzz again in enterprise. Then hear the, That's great, but is there an all touch?.... then BAM! Release the Kraken! (maybe that's what they should name it!) BB only ever became popular from the enterprise side. Granted, lightening doesn't usually strike twice, but.... here's to hoping. I'm looking into the Passport, but would rather have the next Z iteration.
    The Z30 is widely available in Canada at BestBuy Canada, The Source, FutureShop, and at cell carriers like Bell, Rogers, and Telus. You can order on line at Telus.ca or Bell.ca. Just be sure that the version of the Z30 you buy is compatible with your U.S. Network.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-26-14 01:38 PM
    Adding to the conversation, I had a talk with a EE UK customer representative where I asked for the Z30 and he said they don't carry the device and I asked about future devices and he said nothing is releasing because they are bankrupt. Before they release all these new phones, I think the air needs cleaning with actual facts. The competition is actually spreading these rumors, no I am not being paranoid. If you want to capitalise on a companies customer base, just say the company is dead and they'll hop ship in no time! Most consumers now have it stuck there's 3 choices in mobile phones, iOS/Android/Win8.
    07-03-14 05:30 PM
    I would like to see a full touch BlackBerry 10 phone same size of the z10 but with higher end parts in it.

And named as BlackBerry Yukon z10.3
    A very durable device made for heavy duty construction workers and mechanics.

And must work even in -60 degrees Celsius.
    Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:23 PM
    I would like to see a full touch BlackBerry 10 phone same size of the z10 but with higher end parts in it.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agree with Everything excep it needs z30 screen size =p

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-07-14 08:53 PM
    Wow. Is there any data from the image suggesting when the picture was taken?
    Clearly it had to be recently though, to put the Manitoba in a slide that also included the Classic and the Passport.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140621_103537.jpg 
Views:	1264 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	280041 Here is our Manitoba!

Posted using P'9982
    07-17-14 10:58 AM
    Wow. Is there any data from the image suggesting when the picture was taken?
    Clearly it had to be recently though, to put the Manitoba in a slide that also included the Classic and the Passport.
    Manitoba is just a Z3.

Ontario is your "Z50"

The slide was showing the three target markets: the innovation, Traditional / existing, and budget device markets.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:24 AM
    I think the Ontario has died, has been nothing on it

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:49 AM
317 ... 910111213