02-04-10 06:18 PM
27 12
tools
    @AudioGates: RT @blackoutRF RT @cellguru I uploaded a YouTube video -- BlackBerry Magnum: Hands-On Review

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 01-28-10 at 05:56 PM.
    01-27-10 11:37 PM
    The link wasnt working so here. Nice find!
    Last edited by hondateg91; 01-27-10 at 11:47 PM.
    01-27-10 11:44 PM
    looks interesting. have to keep an eye out for it.
    01-27-10 11:56 PM
    The link wasnt working so here. Nice find!
    Thanks for posting that link my Droid wasn't having it lol

01-28-10 12:10 AM
    I want it! Wish it had the trackpad though. I want both the touchscreen and the trackpad.

01-28-10 12:26 AM
    im getting this bad boy str8up!
    01-28-10 12:44 AM
    I want it! Wish it had the trackpad though. I want both the touchscreen and the trackpad.

A trackpad would defeat the purpose of a touchscreen imo.
    01-28-10 01:35 AM
    I love the concept on both a physical keyboard and a touchscreen with the size, look and quality of the Bold 9000 which was or is a classic. But unless it has vast improve features from the Bold 9700 i dont see whats the need to be coming out with all this different phone. This will be the flagship phone for BB. It should have a new faster processor, more memory (internal and external), and its own OS.
    01-28-10 09:20 AM
    This is the old one guys. This is not the model we will see come to market
    01-28-10 09:25 AM
    I am a believer now, the unicorn is real. It definitely needs a trackpad. Not sure if i would like a click touch screen not needed especially if a trackpad is available. They need to look at the Palm Treo line and realize that the touch screen/qwerty keyboard can be done effortlessly.

Bigger question is how did crackberry allow these guys to get their hands on one first. You guys are slipping man.
    01-28-10 10:45 AM
    I doubt what you see in the video is going to hit the market. The Bold 9000 hardware design is old, they wouldn't put out a new model with that design. Now I would believe that if this hybrid touchscreen/qwerty keyboard device is far along in development and might see a year end 2010 release, then I wouldn't be surprised if possibly it looked like the Bold 9700.
    01-28-10 12:10 PM
    I am a believer now, the unicorn is real. It definitely needs a trackpad. Not sure if i would like a click touch screen not needed especially if a trackpad is available. They need to look at the Palm Treo line and realize that the touch screen/qwerty keyboard can be done effortlessly.

Bigger question is how did crackberry allow these guys to get their hands on one first. You guys are slipping man.
    Crackberry has already made it clear that RIM is not proceeding with the
    Magnum. See the front page of Crackberry and read it for yourself.
    01-28-10 12:34 PM
    Crackberry has already made it clear that RIM is not proceeding with the
    Magnum. See the front page of Crackberry and read it for yourself.
    What does that have to do with anything? It still would have been newsworthy like it is now on the front page. Do you think the rumors about this phone just came out yesterday or this week? The ninjas on this site have known about this phone for nearly a year and a half and there were plenty of discussions about it. Would have have expected the number 1 blackberry site to release the first solid evidence of what might be the most anticipated blackberry device. Sal please get us some info on the Dakota or we might have to revoke your title as the number 1 ninja.... joking
    01-28-10 01:34 PM
    Dakota is coming out in august
    01-28-10 02:12 PM
    august???

thats fasttt
    01-28-10 02:26 PM
    i for one was personally under the impression that this device would not have the sureress technology on it, but after listening to the podcast just released craig made a great point. Research In Motion put in so much money on it that they wont be scrapping it anytime soon. which i think RIM would do a lot better with a capacitive touch screen.
    01-28-10 05:59 PM
    i cannot wait for this to come out! touch screen and a keypad FTW!
    01-28-10 06:09 PM
    i played with a storm 2 for the first time today and have to say i was very impressed with the feel of typing on there. surepress is ok. theres a physical qwerty on the magnun tho which kinda takes away the need for the surepress technology.
    01-28-10 06:12 PM
    i wonder how many consumers are going to be pulled in by this device it sounds like a good concept, i wonder if it can catch mainstream medias attention. also it will definitely be direct competition to phones like the palm pre, and pixi plus, and other slider touch screen devices.
    01-28-10 06:12 PM
    just amazed. now i wonder if i should pull the lever for a 9700. i was thinking of buying one and selling it before this hit the market. i wonder if my 2 year old 9000 can hold up until august. decisions decisions decisions.
    01-28-10 07:48 PM
    I said this on another thread as well...but I think it would be interesting if the guy took the phone apart to see where the dakota is going as far as number of screen buttons. I wonder if it is four like the storm 2?
    01-28-10 10:40 PM
    just amazed. now i wonder if i should pull the lever for a 9700. i was thinking of buying one and selling it before this hit the market. i wonder if my 2 year old 9000 can hold up until august. decisions decisions decisions.
    you won't regret getting a 9700... you might be waiting a long time if waiting for a Dakota... might as well get what is the best right now
    01-29-10 07:47 AM
    you won't regret getting a 9700... you might be waiting a long time if waiting for a Dakota... might as well get what is the best right now
    actually thanks very much for your advice. i changed my mind in the last 24 hours lol. i will be getting a 9700 for the time being. i will update my 9000 to 5.0 and probably give it to my dad who needs a berry. when dakota debuts, i will sell the 9700 like i did with my pearl.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 01-31-10 at 01:43 PM.
    01-31-10 12:04 AM
    AUGUST?!?!? that's so far from now
    but, I will wait for it <3
    02-01-10 07:56 PM
    i played with a storm 2 for the first time today and have to say i was very impressed with the feel of typing on there. surepress is ok. theres a physical qwerty on the magnun tho which kinda takes away the need for the surepress technology.
    to me, i think that having a combo is a great device in theory, but in practice i think it is impractical. why would i want a touch screen to just select "ok" or "cancel"? I mean, thats practically what you would be doing with the dakota right?
    02-03-10 01:08 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD