04-29-18 12:30 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    OK smarta$$, since you insist...

Now tell me it doesn't look like a PRIV keyboard. Lol. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa4811bee3.jpg
    Well, they keys look larger on the render... thank God... because in my opinion the Priv PKB was a big hot mess
    04-28-18 01:33 PM
    First of all, you were the one being a smart***

Secondly, I was only pointing out the keys on a K1 are also square and a bit rounded.

The photo you posted does more to show that the render looks similar to the K1 keyboard than anything else. I can see similarities either way though, I'll give you that.
    Ha ha, OK. Fair enough. I'm not afraid to call it as I see it. I guess we'll find out when the real thing shows up in a few months. I still think it is very reminiscent of PRIV pkb. More so than of the current K1, anyway. IMHO.
    04-28-18 01:46 PM
    Can't say I agree. He's a great accountant and behind-the-scenes tactician perhaps, but a lousy frontman and salesman. It seems nearly every time he opens his mouth trying to sell something, he puts his foot in it. Those that wrote this off as just a hardware handicap, and forgave him for being no Steve Jobs, now realize it's actually selling *anything* that is a problem for this guy. That's a real concern for the future of the company.

I'm not sure why they signed him up for another five years. With hardware gone and the company's financials in decent shape, they should have declared him EOL, and moved on.
    Because, the institutional shareholders are looking to do another SAP deal. Who's the leader of SAP? I have no idea. Who cares? It's just setting up company for an eventual sale. Until 2001, who'd ever really heard of RIM, outside tech heads and dotcom managers?

The reality is that Watsa and Fairfax is playing this very similar to Buffett and Berkshire. Look at many of the companies in either portfolio. They're companies you've heard of but they're not at forefront of constant awareness. Many of them are companies that quietly keep positive operating cash flow developed over years.

It's not always exciting. It can be downright fatiguing and boring. That's how so many of the companies that make up the holdings of billionaires' row.
    Carjackd and phuoc like this.
    04-28-18 01:47 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    To me it looks identical to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard, apart from being flat instead of glossy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hope not. I want wider keyboard... more like bold 9900 or passport like.. KeyOne kb is reason I did NOT buy it.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    04-28-18 02:11 PM
    The Keyone is 72.4 mm wide versus 9900 only 66 mm wide .
    04-28-18 02:15 PM
    Because, the institutional shareholders are looking to do another SAP deal. Who's the leader of SAP? I have no idea. Who cares? It's just setting up company for an eventual sale. Until 2001, who'd ever really heard of RIM, outside tech heads and dotcom managers?

The reality is that Watsa and Fairfax is playing this very similar to Buffett and Berkshire. Look at many of the companies in either portfolio. They're companies you've heard of but they're not at forefront of constant awareness. Many of them are companies that quietly keep positive operating cash flow developed over years.

It's not always exciting. It can be downright fatiguing and boring. That's how so many of the companies that make up the holdings of billionaires' row.
    So you're saying the people running BlackBerry for the past few are a bunch of SAPs? I could have told you that, Lol.
    04-28-18 02:19 PM
    Hope not. I want wider keyboard... more like bold 9900 or passport like.. KeyOne kb is reason I did NOT buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Well then keep waiting. It looks like a very similar size. Which is bigger than the Bold, btw.
    Carjackd and Bbnivende like this.
    04-28-18 02:23 PM
    Well then keep waiting. It looks like a very similar size. Which is bigger than the Bold, btw.
    It's funny that people always refer back to older style devices without actually having had one in their hands for so long. A lot of people love the bold keyboard but they forget how small the device actually was
    UrbanGlowCam and Bbnivende like this.
    04-28-18 02:30 PM
    Just hoping the nav keys are on-screen 🤞
    Oh and bigger LED notification light. Ever since the PPSE they make it so damn small, it's like it's ashamed of existing.
    04-28-18 06:16 PM
    looks like a key2 to me alot more so than a priv. Just my 2cents....
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-28-18 06:29 PM
    looks like a key2 to me alot more so than a priv. Just my 2cents....
    I was referring to the keyboard only. And aside from the shape and general layout and finish of the keys, if you look closely at the renderings, there are no frets either...exactly like a PRIV.
    04-29-18 12:30 PM
86 ... 234