when is rim going 2 release a blackberry to be competiting with the iphone.
    (large display) thin etc
    any input
    or do u guys think the storm is the iphone competition
    i love my blackberry bc of the buttons!
    04-21-10 11:59 AM
    Probably never with them developing things like the LG Lotus...I mean 9670.
    04-21-10 12:02 PM
    RIM doesn't need to compete with the iPhone. The demographics are different for both devices. The only thing RIM and Apple have in common is that they both make smartphones. The people they sell them to are completely different though.
    04-21-10 12:07 PM
    Blackberry and iPhone has different target market segment. However it is increasingly obvious that the overlapping bit is the 'recreational smartphone' status where iPhone wins hands down and many others want a share of the pie!
    04-21-10 12:29 PM
    yes i love my blackberry for my work emails and stuff, as far as using the iphonethe only thingi will truly say that blackberry has over iphone is the buttons on the phone and PUSH EMAIl
    but the iphone intereface is amazing..
    lets see wat os 6 brings us
    04-21-10 12:29 PM
    YEah we got a phone, its called a Blackberry Bold, and its much better than that ****ty iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 01:27 PM
    We all need to stop fighting about this issue I wish rim and apple would get together and make a black I berry that way everybody's happy **** what's all the fighting for if I had the money and the and the power I'd make this happen ASAP but life would be to easy then and CB would become real boring lol

04-21-10 06:22 PM
    I can see it now I berry let the games begin

04-21-10 06:24 PM
    Probably never with them developing things like the LG Lotus...I mean 9670.
    (large display) thin etc
    any input
    RIM doesn't need to compete with the iPhone. The demographics are different for both devices. The only thing RIM and Apple have in common is that they both make smartphones. The people they sell them to are completely different though.
    Blackberry and iPhone has different target market segment. However it is increasingly obvious that the overlapping bit is the 'recreational smartphone' status where iPhone wins hands down and many others want a share of the pie!
    YEah we got a phone, its called a Blackberry Bold, and its much better than that ****ty iPhone

All of these answers are bullsh*t, because they have already tried (and failed miserably) with the storm series. Anyone that thinks the storm wasn't supposed to be RIM's answer to the iphone is delusional.
    04-21-10 06:48 PM
    There's no such thing call perfection.
    04-21-10 08:09 PM
    (large display) thin etc
    any input
    It's called the 9500 Series or Storm
    04-21-10 08:35 PM
    All of these answers are bullsh*t, because they have already tried (and failed miserably) with the storm series. Anyone that thinks the storm wasn't supposed to be RIM's answer to the iphone is delusional.
    Actually, the Storm series sold remarkably well. Anyways, perhaps you are the one who is delusional if you think putting a touch screen on a phone automatically makes it an "answer to the iPhone"... There's more to the iPhone than the fact that it's touch screen, you know... That's like saying the Palm Pre or Droid is the "BlackBerry Killer" because they have full keyboards...
    04-21-10 10:12 PM
    RIM won't be relesing a Blackberry anytime soon that can compete with the iPhone or Android for that matter. I believe RIM knows its place in the consumer market, and thats at the bottom of the pile. They should stick to dominating the business world
    04-22-10 12:10 AM
    RIM won't be relesing a Blackberry anytime soon that can compete with the iPhone or Android for that matter. I believe RIM knows its place in the consumer market, and thats at the bottom of the pile. They should stick to dominating the business world
    lol damn that was harsh homie....but anyone who thinks he is lying is crazy.

I LOVE RIM....i think they have a great product...for business users, but it seems they thought they could enter the consumer market and not outperform the competition. OLED screens, 1 ghz processors, 720p video capture, fm tuners, 8-12 mp cameras (we just got 5mp....lol we steppin up in the world ha ha), front facing cameras, MORE MEMORY, better apps, and the list goes on. All these things are perks that have yet to hit the BB platform. My question..........WHY??????????????????

The Storm series IS and WAS RIM's answer to the Iphone. No question about it. Is it better in my opinion.......No, but that depends on who you ask. Storm1 was unenjoyable in my experience. Mainly because it was sluggish, and while i loved surepress, I hurt my fingers after long periods of texting so mine was returned after 2 weeks. I havent played with the Storm2 but I imagine that the surepress has to be better than the first gen Storm.

All my faith in RIM lies in the Storm3. They have had 3 years to get it right and i expect a true high end BB........anything less will be unacceptable meaning I want true spec upgrades! Judging by the hands on reviews that are available.........they are saying that the screen will be better than the Droids (which is 800x480....something like that), so thats definitely good.

Whats sad though...............is that even if the Storm3 rumors are true.........by the time it comes out, it will still be barely matching phones released almost a year before it (Nexus1, HTC incredible, Droid, HD2), and well behind the Evo 4G and Iphone G4/HD. Thats ok though lol........I love my BB and have come to expect that. Just give me that new browser, and specs like the Droid or Nexus one........and I really won't have no complaints
    04-22-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD