05-08-14 10:22 AM
61 123
tools
    My guess is they'll release the q20 in early Q2, then Q30 In late Q3, then Z50 on BB10 second year anniversary

Posted via CB10
    Hoping that the "Z50" will be out in q4. Chen has been great with deadlines so far, so I doubt he will miss the Christmas rush.

The reason that the Z10 came out in Feb was because of the massive delay. I really hope they don't go more than a year between major devices again...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:42 PM
    just wanted to reply to everyone who thinks putting out the device with the best specs will turn things around for blackberry. HTC in their latest quarter lost 62 million dollar.s If thats a good reason to switch to the best specs and the supposed hottest phone tech out there then absolutely no thanks. I think the best thing mentioned there was the fact they said apple and samsung spent over 300 million in marketing thats the reall difference and since there is no way in hell blackberry could ever do that then they need to find other ways to get their message out Thats why they are hitting up the enterprise market and not the consumer market. Its why you dont see blackberry ads on the back of a bus or a billboard. They simply cant afford to do it. They are making the best of the situation. Trying to come up with devices that will move people over from bb0s7 to bb10 and some new emerging marketts Blackberry z3 is not a flagship device its a decent device that will get the job done and expose people to the new OS thats all it is. Some of these ridiculous comments about blackberry should have the mega screen super battery huge ram mega core device are ludicrous. They need to hit the market they are after. they need great software and then need to be able to make money doing it. Bottom line. So thinking they are going to build a nuclear powered phablet with a gazilla core processor not only is that crazy its just not feasible. Get real people hope for good solid devices with great software thats it.
    Dude, no one's saying it's going to get back BlackBerry the market share. So what is it going to do? IMO, it will set the blog sites and tech review guys on fire and this will go along way in creating a buzz in the market with decent amount of dollars behind it, and not insane gazillions that Apple or Samsung can afford. With out such a device, the kind of dollars required to promote the new OS so that the people actually know what it can do, might not be realistic. Setting the market on fire with this head turner with just decent affordable marketing dollars and in the meantime continuing to excite BBOS Qwerty fans to smoothen their transition to the new OS is the only way forward in my honest opinion.
    By continuing only the qwerty way, they might slow down the bleeding but I honestly think it would still take them down the dreaded road, and by the time they realise that neglecting all touch was a mistake, it'll be too little too late.
    So focusing on qwerty and using all touch to woo the market to create a WOW factor, (with out producing millions of devices to write off) , IMHO is the only balanced way to recovery for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 03:38 AM
    I think for now a great qwerty flagship phone will help a strong niche. Then followed by a good full touch next year.

Point is the qwerty should come first and I think this is what is happening but I do hope it comes out this year!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Sorry. Not to be argumentative, but I totally disagree. BlackBerry is already seen as a niche only product. Coming out with yet another QWERTY without a strong showing in the touch department will only serve to further convince people that that's all BlackBerry is. A niche product.

Touch is the key to success for BlackBerry. They've been selling QWERTY since the beginning and that wasn't enough for them to remain at the top, or even profitable.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    axe50 and Blomsternisse like this.
    04-08-14 04:08 AM
    just wanted to reply to everyone who thinks putting out the device with the best specs will turn things around for blackberry. HTC in their latest quarter lost 62 million dollar.s If thats a good reason to switch to the best specs and the supposed hottest phone tech out there then absolutely no thanks. I think the best thing mentioned there was the fact they said apple and samsung spent over 300 million in marketing thats the reall difference and since there is no way in hell blackberry could ever do that then they need to find other ways to get their message out Thats why they are hitting up the enterprise market and not the consumer market. Its why you dont see blackberry ads on the back of a bus or a billboard. They simply cant afford to do it. They are making the best of the situation. Trying to come up with devices that will move people over from bb0s7 to bb10 and some new emerging marketts Blackberry z3 is not a flagship device its a decent device that will get the job done and expose people to the new OS thats all it is. Some of these ridiculous comments about blackberry should have the mega screen super battery huge ram mega core device are ludicrous. They need to hit the market they are after. they need great software and then need to be able to make money doing it. Bottom line. So thinking they are going to build a nuclear powered phablet with a gazilla core processor not only is that crazy its just not feasible. Get real people hope for good solid devices with great software thats it.
    While I think you are right on many points I believe that you are missing the point of the argument. I don't think anyone is asking for a phone that can perform nuclear fission, but a phone that is on par with the latest offerings from competitors. Even if blackberry was able to market as vigorously as their competition, when people began to notice they would be in trouble if the phones didn't compete on the specs front. People would dismiss the marketing message because unfortunately the market cares about specs. Now that Foxconn can use their economy of scales and take some of the cost burden for phone development off of blackberry, it should make it much easier then before to develop a great phone people will not dismiss. I don't think a phablet is the way to go. The Z10 needs to be upgraded with a larger screen and better specs. That is the form factor I think blackberry needs, but that's my opinion. And to compare the HTC one situation is also off IMO. HTC is one of dozens of android manufacturers, they are competing for entrenched android users that are most likely with Samsung. BlackBerry offers the best OS and a totally different experience. That's where the marketing can shine! A beast of a phone yes, but not just another Android, but a bad *** BlackBerry!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 09:02 AM
    Actually it would be great if a BlackBerry could perform nuclear fission...!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 09:51 AM
    ... or fusion...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 09:51 AM
    ... or fusion...

Posted via CB10
    Either would be quite impressive indeed

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 12:06 PM
    Need a new all-touch powerhouse to replace the Z30.

Which gets discredited for "only" having a dual core, etc. Not really funny how BBs get compared to Androids in the spec war, but the iPhone apart from 64bit, sort of gets away with low specs and low RAM. Yeah, as far as I know, all Windows 8 phones are dual core bar the 1520. And no one really whinges, because the OS delivers, even on just 512MB RAM (some models).

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 08:14 AM
    Im reading all the new tech releases for this year from various sources on the web.

Blackberry is taking a very calculated approach in device launches this year and I can understand why given their history.

The Z3 in april/may which looks to be the user market maker.

The Q20 mid range BBOS converter in november.

But is that it? Im hoping a single flagship gets released this year. John chen talks about a device "to capture new users" I know a lot of people are thinking Q30 because of the keyboard focused responses he's been putting out but is there anything else we found out or know?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    I really hope that this device to capture users is a full touch screen, it has to be. He stated that the new device will attract android and ios users.....those users dont want a keyboard device. They want touch screen.
    04-09-14 12:08 PM
    Truth is while the qwerty may get some legacy users to upgrade to bb10, and some former legacy users to come back, those numbers are shrinking. My gut tells me getting the Q out first will let them get sales from these legacy users, albeit small, but more importantly push legacy users to the new platform.

To get new users onboard, I feel they need to cater to the touch group more, and not abandon it for a year...

The z30 has more or less what the market wants, but it could use a boost in display resolution, processor, camera, and internal storage. Package as a z50, make it look similar to the z3 but with a more premium look and you have a winner.

Sell it directly on shop blackberry and give current users a discount as an incentive and they will fly off the shelf.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:43 PM
    New BB10 device to target New Customers.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=915478

John Chen has stated this more than once in an Interview along with that Mobile World Expo they had. And he clarified he wishes for this device to be released by Sept. 2014, though could be just before the Christmas Holiday Season.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:16 PM
    My next door neighbor is switching from his Iphone 5s to a Z30 because of the size...he used to have a Q10 but like many the learning curve was steep from his 9900.

The problem will be by early next year those with Z10's contracts are coming up and Z30 as good as it is will be long in the tooth so they must have a touch screen replacement or two as they will lose even more customers.

Just manage the development costs and inventory....all those millions of touch screen users cannot be all wrong. I held onto my 9800 until the Z10 came out and while I sometimes hate the touch screen more and more i do not and it is specifically because the BB10 keyboard is so good. I really wish more heavy email Iphone users would just give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:25 PM
    There will be one high end touch screen device released at the beginning of next year, around 2years after Z10 and one after Z30..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 03:28 AM
    There will be one high end touch screen device released at the beginning of next year, around 2years after Z10 and one after Z30..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Your source for that info?

04-14-14 05:34 AM
    Your source for that info?

Calculated guess from a various info various sources.. check:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10237007

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10227958

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10204842

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/blackb...l#comment-9584

Obviously all taken with a big block of salt.. but that should be a given

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 06:07 AM
    A refreshed z30 with better specs, resolution, thinner and lighter would be a step fw in terms of sales. If they market it along with the F1 world. Something like a "mercedes f1 edition" full silver etc etc

Posted via CB10
    Widely available is also important.
    04-22-14 09:17 AM
    It is time for a high-end qwerty device. BlackBerry has shipped the Z10 and the Z30 while qwerty users have had to settle for the Q10 or a legacy device. I don?t include the Q5 as it was not marketed as a business device.

Let's be honest the qwerty BlackBerry devices are still outselling the BlackBerry touchscreens which is why BlackBerry is reopening the lines for the Bold and is shipping the Classic in November.

What I need is a high-end successor to the Q10. I would snap it up in a nanosecond.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, smart548, jakie55 and 1 others like this.
    04-22-14 09:54 AM
    I think there are people who get tired of Apple, and rather than move everything to the Android, could look to BlackBerry again for a solid, reliable device.

It's fast, doesn't lag, and multitasks like not much else.
    04-22-14 10:01 AM
    Same here, agreed. I had the Q10 and the screen size was insufficient!

We need a large screen flagship QWERTY. The Z30 refresh can happen in early 2015. It's still the best phone I've owned and I've come from iPhones and the Note 2.

It is time for a high-end qwerty device. BlackBerry has shipped the Z10 and the Z30 while qwerty users have had to settle for the Q10 or a legacy device. I don?t include the Q5 as it was not marketed as a business device.

Let's be honest the qwerty BlackBerry devices are still outselling the BlackBerry touchscreens which is why BlackBerry is reopening the lines for the Bold and is shipping the Classic in November.

What I need is a high-end successor to the Q10. I would snap it up in a nanosecond.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:15 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I want high end qwerty with the bold 9900 keyboard!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 11:53 PM
    Q10 keyboard would be OK for me, but the bold was nice.
    Metallic surrounding bracket of the bold would be ideal....
    Q30 would be nice - not sure how I feel about the modified keyboard but if they could cut the keyboard down to three rows effectively giving us more screen space that would be amazing.

I want high end qwerty with the bold 9900 keyboard!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:32 PM
    I hope they take their time and release a phone that is a spec monster and slightly ahead of the curve not 6-8 months dated already. I'm not a spec guru unless it is for functionality but to win some android and apple users it has to a monster.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 08:20 PM
    I think they should do a refresh of the Z30 with those "monster specs" in early 2015 - the phone is terrific and can be built-upon with updated specs.
    The QWERTY I don't think needs to be killer in terms of specs but should have a large screen and a quad core processor with 2 or 3gb of memory.

The enterprise will be more QWERTY-based
    The consumer crowd can be wow'ed by the "monster specs" of the all-touch phone.

I hope they take their time and release a phone that is a spec monster and slightly ahead of the curve not 6-8 months dated already. I'm not a spec guru unless it is for functionality but to win some android and apple users it has to a monster.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:24 PM
    At the risk of sounding like Debby downer, I am not sure a high spec touch device will make any difference, if BlackBerry does nothing to improve its image as a device with NO APPS, and a failing company. The Z30 reviews were pleasant, mostly positive, but people were advised to stay away if they needed certain apps, and were concerned about the longevity of the company. I understand Chen's approach to dancing with the girl ya brought...that is enterprise, as it is sortta paying the bills. Once public perception is improved, this wonderful OS and a reasonably spec'd device should do well.
    NG888 likes this.
    04-24-14 01:56 AM
    At the risk of sounding like Debby downer, I am not sure a high spec touch device will make any difference, if BlackBerry does nothing to improve its image as a device with NO APPS, and a failing company. The Z30 reviews were pleasant, mostly positive, but people were advised to stay away if they needed certain apps, and were concerned about the longevity of the company. I understand Chen's approach to dancing with the girl ya brought...that is enterprise, as it is sortta paying the bills. Once public perception is improved, this wonderful OS and a reasonably spec'd device should do well.
    BlackBerry's marketing on the Z30 was horrible, I came from Android and it was a struggle to find anything online about how awesome the Z30 is. The BB10 platform in general is under sold- there's so much to love from the quick reply to the hub nobody outside of BlackBerry users know anything about BB10's awesome features.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:43 PM
61 123