Hey all,

I have an 8330 on Verizon and it works ok but it is starting to get outdated with all the new devices coming out. My question is this - what new blackberry coming out on Verizon would you recommend as a good replacement to my Curve 8330?

11-06-09 08:25 PM
    Do you want a touch screen or not?

When you say upgrade, just processor or entire phone?

Curve 2 is an upgrade to your current phone, and will be out next friday.
    Tour is another opt.
    Storm or storm 2 if you want touch screen that will a huge upgrade from what you have now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 12:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. Upgrade coming soon. I'm w/Verizon so went to the VZ stores to look at what's coming. Droid, Eris Droid looked interesting but VZ does a lousy job of demoing their products. Looked at the iPhone and their reps can actually show you something on the phone. The girl at the VZ store says, just buy it and learn about it and if you don't like it bring it back!! That's the response I got from 3 stores so good luck getting a good demo and a straight answer on what's coming in the next month or so.
    11-13-09 11:36 PM
    Thanks everyone for the responses! By upgrade, I mean a good, new device that is overall faster and up-to-date with the rest of the world. For now, I will stay with my Curve and see what comes out in the future
    11-15-09 01:47 PM
    I would wait for the essex as i think that is coming out fairly soon, its basically a tour with wifi and trackpad. the 2 things that i find missing before i would buy one.
    11-15-09 04:56 PM
    thanks! I will stay with my Curve for now but I appreciate all your input!
    11-17-09 06:12 AM
    thanks! I will stay with my Curve for now but I appreciate all your input!
    With that said, will the 8330 series be phased out in the near future? Say with the 8530? I can't imagine the 8330 still be manufactured for years to come? i just hope what ever replaces it is as solid as a device. My hope would be the Tour2 or 9700 style would be the replacement for these.
    11-18-09 09:54 AM