I have a BlackBerry Bold 9790 - and was wondering if there was any info/news on any smaller QWERTY device due to release for BlackbBerry 10. I understand the BlackBerry Q10 is larger, in the vain of the BlackBerry 9900?
    04-17-13 07:25 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Bold 9790 - and was wondering if there was any info/news on any smaller QWERTY device due to release for BlackbBerry 10. I understand the BlackBerry Q10 is larger, in the vain of the BlackBerry 9900?
    Ive seen another Bold like device..with the buttons rounded and spaced more...it may be slightly smaller than the q10...there are pics of it on the main page here at crackberry..if I can find one ill edit this post and attach a pic...as far as I can see on the BB timeline..no other SMALLER qwerty devices this year for bb10 .....
    04-17-13 08:42 AM
    Glad you like your 2.4 inch screened BB but there is no market going forward for such a device running BB10. There are people that like these super small QWERTY models but that would be a niche within a niche. Secondly, BB wants to keep the same screen resolution for QWERTY 720 X720 so a smaller screen would probably be more expensive than the larger screen ( not totally sure about that ). Suffice it to say that many consumers want the Q10- BB10 experience but at a cheaper price point. Lastly, BB10 is "all touch" - you can't really use a 2.4 inch screen without the trackpad IMHO. There was a time in the cell phone industry when the goal was to build smaller phones - but that was before Apps and media consumption. To be successful BB needs to build larger phones . There is probably a "sweet spot" for Smartphone size. In my view, that would be 4.5 inch screen for all touch and 3.5 inch for QWERTY. Perhaps BB will build a 5 inch screen model and the 4.2 inch (Z10) for all touch. I am hoping that they build a 3.5 inch QWERTY. Some Crackberries prefer small phones with chicklet keys- BB is going to give you a "normal" sized phone with chicklet keys .

BB7 is still alive and BB has promised new BB7 devices - I suppose we will see these devices in select markets where consumers can't or will not support expensive smartphones.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-17-13 09:48 AM
    ^ interesting view. Sounds like I should bite the bullet and give the bigger screen QWERTY a chance
    Bbnivende and westiewanderer like this.
    04-17-13 10:02 AM
    ^ interesting view. Sounds like I should bite the bullet and give the bigger screen QWERTY a chance
    might as well give the Q a try and enjoy the new platform and powerfull hardware! *grins*
    04-17-13 10:15 AM
    Ive seen another Bold like device..with the buttons rounded and spaced more...it may be slightly smaller than the q10...there are pics of it on the main page here at crackberry..if I can find one ill edit this post and attach a pic...as far as I can see on the BB timeline..no other SMALLER qwerty devices this year for bb10 .....
    The pics of another qwerty device actually seem to indicate a device that matches the size of the q10 and simply takes more design cues from the curve line instead.
    westiewanderer and Bbnivende like this.
    04-17-13 02:07 PM
    ^ ohh anyone have a pic (or a link)?
    04-18-13 10:34 AM
    ^ ohh anyone have a pic (or a link)?
    Check all the posts on the R series.
    04-18-13 04:45 PM