05-26-12 01:56 PM
52 123
tools
    I'd buy that device if it came out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 12:19 AM
    I read on here that the S3 will have a whole new OS, instead of OS6.0. So this could be the S3, although she is one ugly b*tch! RIM would be taking a huge jump backward if it were to look like that, it looks like a buick! reading this article, i thought it could be genuine, up until "The home screen buttons have been updated to reflect a more modern, exciting interaction in order to place a call or surf the web! The sun places a call (day) and the moon ends the call (night). The stars are to launch your web browser" REALLY?!?!?! wow....
    07-12-10 09:49 AM
    The NEW Blackberry 4G - Coming December 2010

Written by none other than...The Tech God. (massive eye roll)
    07-25-10 12:56 PM
    07-26-10 12:33 PM
    The naming for this probably came from the idea that Odin is sometimes depicted as having a triton that he uses.

I guess Blackberry Toga and Blackberry Pointy-Spear were already taken. lol
    07-26-10 01:08 PM
    The naming for this probably came from the idea that Odin is sometimes depicted as having a triton that he uses.

I guess Blackberry Toga and Blackberry Pointy-Spear were already taken. lol
    I know your kidding but that is a Trident and not a Triton. Besides I think Odin was always more of a big hammer or drop a mountain on you type of guy. So BB big hammer was probably put of the question. Maybe it is water proof?

07-26-10 01:12 PM
    FYI...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_(mythology)

Apologies to the OP.

Scott
    07-26-10 03:37 PM
    If it's indeed true, add me to the list. That would be a nice Christmas gift or birthday gift. We won't believe it until we see some more information. I also hope in drops on TMO.
    07-28-10 04:55 AM
    With all the talk of LTE, is RIM even working on a HSPA+ phone?
    07-28-10 11:04 AM
    07-29-10 09:11 AM
    i would wait a solid 1.5 yrs+ before you get a 4g berry
    08-05-10 04:27 AM
    Hmmm... Lol :-)

08-06-10 05:31 AM
    i would wait a solid 1.5 yrs+ before you get a 4g berry
    Why? Just curious.

08-06-10 07:27 AM
    This bb should come out on Sprint. Sprint is testing lte over wimax now so they'll be ready either way. I hope it has a qwerty keyboard as well. I'm not a fan of touch screens.

08-06-10 09:21 PM
    This bb should come out on Sprint. Sprint is testing lte over wimax now so they'll be ready either way. I hope it has a qwerty keyboard as well. I'm not a fan of touch screens.

RIM will not be making a WiMAX BB. It's a USA-only proprietary network with limited roll-out and no long-term advantage, making it very cost ineffective.
    08-06-10 11:00 PM
    So, just for F* your mind... Do you will go forward with 9800 or wait for this "incredible" touch screen super 4G Triton device?

PD: Is to make my Torch purchase more easy
    Last edited by xattica; 08-10-10 at 09:28 AM.
    08-10-10 09:26 AM
    Why? Just curious.

Ask your self this question: Who offers 4G service NOW?

Now, look at their coverage map. I'd say 1.5 years is being generously hopeful.
    08-10-10 06:14 PM
    Well good news Sprinters, i just happen to run in to a dude today who worked for RIMs corp office (yes he had a unmark Torch). So i started pull a few question out of him, to see what he would tell me. Okay while playing with the Torch, i asked him "When will the At&t exclusive be over and when will Sprint get this bad boy". He said RIM making moves in a big way and are about to push out a group of new devices in the next upcoming months. The Sprint phone 'that should come out in Dec' is going to have some awsome new features (touchscreen yes). I answer, front-facing cam, faster processor, Torchie type design. He says, its screen is suppose to bigger then the Torch, front-face yes, processor can not say. I ask what about the STorm, u know they come out like every Nov. He said, they might scrap it all together and go with something differ but simmular. So im feeling good now, so i ask him about the Blackpad? Hes smiles and "say i know nothing of such a device". So im steady probing, and ask him, well if there is no "device", will it still be coming out in Nov. Hes repley if there was such a "device" it wouldnt come out in Nov but Dec and u would start hearing about it in Nov maybe.
    So it seems RIM knows Apple is trying to make moves to Verizon in Jan and RIM is trying to lock people in before then.
    Take it for what u want but things are going to start coming to the light very SOON!!
    08-10-10 08:02 PM
    Ask your self this question: Who offers 4G service NOW?

Now, look at their coverage map. I'd say 1.5 years is being generously hopeful.
    The way I look at it VZW's launching 30 markets in November covering close to 120 million subscribers. That's probably larger than ATT's 3G footprint. I happen to be in one of those markets. Also when you can't get 4G, you'll just be on 3G. So your not really losing anything.

That being said I am not waiting for LTE unless there is some solid leakage of what is coming soon.

08-11-10 06:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure carriers will come to some sort of roaming agreement for 4G also.

08-11-10 07:00 AM
    I'd love to see this device released before the end of the year ON ALL carriers. I keep hearing about the storm getting a new interface (but there has to be underpinnings of OS 6 underneath)
    not sure I need to have the weather as large as that on my phone - if this is the start of widgets and multiple screens etc. fine by me - suit a lot of casual users.
    08-11-10 08:40 AM
    The way I look at it VZW's launching 30 markets in November covering close to 120 million subscribers. That's probably larger than ATT's 3G footprint. I happen to be in one of those markets. Also when you can't get 4G, you'll just be on 3G. So your not really losing anything.

That being said I am not waiting for LTE unless there is some solid leakage of what is coming soon.
    The most worrisome thing I've heard is that a LTE data plan is expected to be in the range of $60/mo. So unless you have a REAL need for it, 3G looks to be good for quite awhile (at least until my next NE2 comes up in 19 months).

Scott
    08-16-10 01:22 AM
    this article is laughable with it saying an app store as if the app store hasnt been around for what a year now?

naming features like youtube which exists on the storm.

hd memory card? wtf is a hd memory card lol
    08-16-10 02:11 AM
    The most worrisome thing I've heard is that a LTE data plan is expected to be in the range of $60/mo. So unless you have a REAL need for it, 3G looks to be good for quite awhile (at least until my next NE2 comes up in 19 months).

Scott
    That's for laptop data cards. We wilo probably hear about phone prices later on closer to CTIA when they will annouce the phones.

08-16-10 06:35 AM
    03-12-12 01:26 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD