06-01-13 08:31 PM
55 123
tools
    I don't think they shield have kept the trackpad.
    It takes up 1-1.5cm of screen space.

However, maybe they should implement it in a different way. They should always make the space bar the trackpad. Unless you were a very sloppy typer, I don't think that this would be an issue. Also, if you were using it while inputing text, and, for example I wanted to add a space between two words that I previously did a mistake on, I could scroll up using the space bar, click it once to confirm the position of where I was typing, and then click again to spacebar. I think that would be the o lyrics 'problem' and then there is the solution.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    No I would have added some device length to accommodate the trackpad or found some other solution. I would never want to compromise on screen real estate.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-01-13 at 11:18 AM.
    06-01-13 09:44 AM
    Quite a few of my buddies that work for the govt opted for the Slider vs the 9900. They wanted the larger screen. None have complained about the bulk and they like them. I am not sure that it would be popular because now consumers have a real option in getting a full touch device vs really bad touch device offered at that time. Still though I like the idea because no one did the slider as well as BB (IMHO).

I would like a slightly smaller screen than the Z but with the sharpest screen that can be made. I would be interested in new take on a BB classic.

Having said the above, I think most BB users would prefer to use a Q10 but with even a larger screen. I suspect that the 9900 was more reliable than the Slider but I have nothing to back that up other than my daughters slider failed recently.
    06-01-13 09:59 AM
    Having said the above, I think most BB users would prefer to use a Q10 but with even a larger screen. I suspect that the 9900 was more reliable than the Slider but I have nothing to back that up other than my daughters slider failed recently.
    Works for me - but still personally want a track pad.

It is impossible to please everyone because every one has different needs, likes & preferences. So perhaps BB will continue to offer several styles & options vs one or two models. I think it's what makes them superior to the iPhone.
    06-01-13 11:14 AM
    6.7 inches while OPEN would be absolutely insane... although, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 does give an idea of how a big phone would fit in one hand:

Now I see why the slider might have been cancelled.... ....although.... if BlackBerry decides to be bold and just release such a device, I'll most likely get it, lol. If it's going to be the only device that combines a larger screen than the Q10 and a physical keyboard, I will take two!
    wayyyy to big
    06-01-13 02:23 PM
    It may be "wayyy too big" for some people, but for others, it would be perfect. The older I get the more my eyes need "big" - LOL.

Take a look here:
    How's this for a BlackBerry 10 Slider?! | CrackBerry.com

And here:
    BlackBerry Blade: a BlackBerry 10 phone that's too hot to be true! | CrackBerry.com

I hope these come out SOON and I also read the OS 10.1 will have the capability of networking with your computer!
    06-01-13 08:31 PM
55 123