View Poll Results: What kind of BB10 device do you want?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • All-Touch Device

13 20.97%
  • QWERTY Device

17 27.42%
  • Phablet Device

23 37.10%
  • Slider Device

25 40.32%
  • Tablet with BB10

10 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    So, if you recall, we heard directly from BlackBerry that there would be at least six BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013. So here's what we have so far:

The Z10 and Q10 are as official as official can be. We've seen the supposed "curve" device of the BlackBerry 10 lineup which has been said to be called the R10. Which leaves us with 3 other devices which have yet to be revealed.

Previously rumoured was the A10 which was set to be the next major flagship, all touch device with a 4.65 screen but as stated by the Fearless Leader of CB, (allegedly) that device has been scraped. Rightly so because 4.65 is too close to the 4.2 inch screen size of the Z10.

So, with only 3 more devices left to be announced and/or released in 2013, what are you hoping for? What form factor do you desire the most? Sound off below!

Update May 14, 2013 - R10 officially gets announced at BlackBerry Live as the Q5!
    Update May 26, 2013 - Definitely worth noting is the design patent BlackBerry was awarded in April. (Link)
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 05-26-13 at 08:52 PM.
    OfficiallySaud and AfroZepher like this.
    04-21-13 10:48 AM
    Six don't seem necessary, they should do a phablet with killer specs, and a slider. Anything else is off focus, there is a lot of work to do to make bbOS10 and the app ecosystem stronger. Stay focused, re-build the base and bring new users across from other platforms.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-21-13 11:34 AM
    As of today the R10 finally becomes official with the name Q5!

What can also be gained from the release of this device is the pattern for the release of future devices. Could the rumoured BlackBerry phablet or QWERTY phablet sport the name, Z15/Q15? Will there be a mid-tier full touchscreen device that will become the Z5? Right now, nobody knows. Things are quiet right now, especially with BlackBerry Live happening. I'd expect to start hearing things some time after though...
    05-14-13 07:23 PM
    It would not surprise me if there is a Z5 which would have a sealed battery with plastic housing similar to the Q5 and then maybe a phablet sized device which is confirmed. Last device would likely be either a slider like the 9810 or tablet. My money is on the tablet personally.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:00 PM
    Thread moved as per OP, plus giving it a bump. I voted!
    05-23-13 10:33 AM
    I want a thin client that is of tablet form to go with my Z10. keep the price under $200 and let it connect wireless.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    05-23-13 09:05 PM
    If or better yet since, the Q10 is a hit ... make a Slider. Come up with a third screen size .. for the Z5 and the S10.
    05-25-13 02:56 PM
    I really like your image!

What's for sure is that it's gonna be 720x1280 and 720x720 devices right.

If they already planned a "flagship" its (sadly) not gonna be 1080x1920 device, as they already given devs instructions.

And for Qwerty device, do they make a standard out of the Q5 swiping space? It probably makes it easier to swipe despite a less cool look...So Z10 and Q10 would be both non-standards devices (for 768 resolution and no swiping space)

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-25-13 07:16 PM
    But why could they not change the resolutions during the year? We haven't hit June yet, if the rumours for a holiday release of a crazy phone end up being true, this mean plenty of time to add 1080x1920. TH could be hiding this for now, as there is still a lot of time between now and the holidays.
    05-26-13 03:39 PM
    Don't care about new phones, focus on apps and software refinement. The 30 day email limit and reboots are seriously a disgrace. I love BBRY as much as any of you but let's be real.
    05-26-13 03:48 PM
    I really like your image!

What's for sure is that it's gonna be 720x1280 and 720x720 devices right.

If they already planned a "flagship" its (sadly) not gonna be 1080x1920 device, as they already given devs instructions.

And for Qwerty device, do they make a standard out of the Q5 swiping space? It probably makes it easier to swipe despite a less cool look...So Z10 and Q10 would be both non-standards devices (for 768 resolution and no swiping space)

Posted via CB10
    720x1280 times 1.5 more pixels is perfectly 1080x1920 which is still within the 16:9 ratio BlackBerry is also standardizing for the BlackBerry 10 platform. BlackBerry has tools now in place which make it easy to change their apps to use the higher resolution and not cause their apps to go funny because most importantly the ratio remains the same.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    05-26-13 04:28 PM
    If you guys didn't know, in April 2013, BlackBerry was awarded their design patent for a slider device!!!

Latest patent shows off what could be a new BlackBerry 10 slider | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 10 in 2013 - 3/6 Devices So Far-bb10slider.jpg

Given the top option on the poll at this point in time, it looks like this device would be a great seller! Given it's design, and the date the patent was submitted, this would have to be the Milan which the CB team stated had been scraped back in the pre-release days of BB10. The form factor definitely offers the best of both worlds with it's large display and physical QWERTY which could be slided out when you need it.

Now if only they could make a device like this:

How BlackBerry Can Drive the Resurgence of the Physical Keyboard - N4BB

Something like this would be my ultimate, all in one device. Large screen and physical keyboard, ready to go at all times. Plus, with the size of the device, if done properly, the battery could be quite large as well to give true all day battery life. Ross Cheriton over at N4BB talks about how BlackBerry can make a huge comeback with keyboard devices now that they have BlackBerry 10. A good read. Now if only someone at BlackBerry will okay this device for production!
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 05-26-13 at 11:20 PM.
    angieberry10 and prettyplain like this.
    05-26-13 09:11 PM
    That device looks gorgeous

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:04 AM
    I m thinking the rumored 10 inch PlayBook would be one of them for sure, despite Thorsten's rants about how tablets aren't Blackberry's 'future. '

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:14 AM
    I believe the next 3 devices to be announced this fall are two tablets 10 and 7 inches then a 5 inch phone. I think the 4.6 inch phone got scraped.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:52 PM
    Tablet and a killer 5-inch phone, maybe another 4-inch at the end of the year with updated specs from the Z10.
    05-28-13 06:02 PM
    If you guys didn't know, in April 2013, BlackBerry was awarded their design patent for a slider device!!!

Latest patent shows off what could be a new BlackBerry 10 slider | CrackBerry.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10slider.jpg 
Views:	1045 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	165689

Given the top option on the poll at this point in time, it looks like this device would be a great seller! Given it's design, and the date the patent was submitted, this would have to be the Milan which the CB team stated had been scraped back in the pre-release days of BB10. The form factor definitely offers the best of both worlds with it's large display and physical QWERTY which could be slided out when you need it.

Now if only they could make a device like this:

http://i.imgur.com/70zIhAh.jpg
    How BlackBerry Can Drive the Resurgence of the Physical Keyboard - N4BB

Something like this would be my ultimate, all in one device. Large screen and physical keyboard, ready to go at all times. Plus, with the size of the device, if done properly, the battery could be quite large as well to give true all day battery life. Ross Cheriton over at N4BB talks about how BlackBerry can make a huge comeback with keyboard devices now that they have BlackBerry 10. A good read. Now if only someone at BlackBerry will okay this device for production!
    I like the Z10 design a bit better. Though, I might get a slider later since of the good experience on the Blackberry torch.
    05-28-13 11:25 PM
    Screen scraped from BGR (sorry)

At the Consumer Electronics Show, RIM CMO Frank Boulben said that his company plans to release six different BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013 that will include phones in the high, medium and low prices ranges.

So 3 are out, and arguably they are 2 medium and 1 low. How about two in the top end , 4.8" slab and 4.5" slider, and the low end 10" tablet that can be sold with either as a bundle.
    05-29-13 02:23 PM
    I'm 100% sure, BlackBerry will not make BlackBerry 10 PlayBook compatible without new hardware.

Don't think they will release a new PlayBook - more likely they will launch a new flagship full touch device with a bigger wireless second screen. All data is stored and processed on your smartphone, but you have the possibility to consume content on a bigger screen... The second screen may only have a browser as standalone app which works even without a BlackBerry device... if there is even a choice of 7 or 10" we would have devices 4,5,6

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:59 PM
    Screen scraped from BGR (sorry)

At the Consumer Electronics Show, RIM CMO Frank Boulben said that his company plans to release six different BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013 that will include phones in the high, medium and low prices ranges.

So 3 are out, and arguably they are 2 medium and 1 low. How about two in the top end , 4.8" slab and 4.5" slider, and the low end 10" tablet that can be sold with either as a bundle.
    Still convinced the tablet will be part of a thin thick client type architecture with your phone being the thick client.

Virtualize a second screen on your Z10 and use screen share under the hood to show it on the tablet. My understanding is that qnx makes this easy.

The tablet would need almost no permanent storage, a single core cpu at 400 MHZ and 512 mb in ram.

They just need to move everything to 1080p

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:02 PM