SaskTel (and Bell) to release "refreshed" BlackBerry Bold, Curve, Torch and Storm in Q3/Q4 | MobileSyrup.com

Devices to be refreshed:
    Bold
    Curve
    Torch
    Storm

The curve refresh is obviously the Apollo, and the Torch's is the Torch 2, but the other two are kinda debatable:

Bold: current events indicate the 9900 will become the new Bold and refresh the 90xx line, but since it's touch will it be an exact refresh or a change to a different line? I suppose it depends on if RIM is planning on a non-touch Bold.
    Also, what will happen to the 97xx formfactor?

Storm: will this be the Monaco or the Curve Touch? I suppose RIM will want to launch the higher-end Monaco first, but the lower end Curve Touch will be cheaper and get many more sales.

Thoughts?
    05-04-11 04:44 PM
    I'd say the Bold is the 9900 announced. I don't think there will be a non-Touch Bold released.

Based on the 2011 roadmap, the Torch is the Torch 2, the Storm will be the Monaco. The Curve is probably the Apollo. Good question if they're even going to get a Curve Touch.

I dislike that they're saying "refresh". These models are so different.
    05-04-11 05:47 PM
    I suppose RIM would end up only having the Bold 9900. if the Curve keyboard+touch rumour is true, it could mean that the non-touch curve will be cancelled ALL BB7 devices will be touchscreen.

I'm still going to stick to my Pearl. I've found it to suit my purposes perfectly fine.
    05-05-11 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD