01-28-12 07:09 PM
84 1234
tools
    Looks a little wide but other than that, looks elegant.

Are you going to mockup one with a physical keyboard?
    11-29-11 09:55 PM
    That LED + BeBuzz = awesome.

I wonder what you'd come up with for one with a keyboard. :P I'd love to see it
    Yea. . .I've always though of what would be the most screen space you could get on a QWERTY bold like device. . .either way a three device catalog for the BBX line up would be an interesting thing to see (a full screen multimedia device, a full QWERTY enterprise device, and a "social slider"). . .hmmm. . .
    11-29-11 10:04 PM
    Haven't had time to work on the UI but that was the next step

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome! Can't wait. These look good. I really can't tell the width difference it looks the same to me. Maybe if you placed a before and after picture that might help. I'm a visual person so it's kind of hard to imagine without having both images. Ooh if you did decide to show before and after I think you should create a rollover image now That would be super! If RIM is just into vertical form factor my guess is a virtual keyboard would be a one time button push somewhere on the BBX phone and then the homescreen fades out and then a virtual keyboard fades into place and the screen maximizes enough room to browse the web and use the keyboard. Then when the user is finished with the keyboard they press the button again to hide the KB. I don't know just thinking outside the box. Maybe it would only be right if they Did have a Horizontal form factor for a physical KB and the screen a little bigger but supporting BBX.
    11-29-11 10:12 PM
    Looks good- love the keys and trackpad- they are a must. I just hope this phone isn't huge! My nephew was over the other night and I was playing with his Galaxy SII and that phone is way too big for me. I would always have to use 2 hands to use it as my hands are not that big. I hope RIM remembers that there are many petite women out here using their phones too.
    11-29-11 10:29 PM
    I like it, but it too much like a Motorola.
    It needs a bit more bezel for the gestures of BBX.
    putters likes this.
    11-29-11 10:39 PM
    Love them both. I am partial to the buttons and trackpad, just love the accuracy of the trackpad for certain things. Fantastic work. I too would like to see them either taller and same width or narrow with same height.

Would love a brushed finish titanium back on them with an embossed "Blackberry" logo about 3/4" diameter. A really sweet "in your face" logo like Apple does.

I would be in line immediately for an FS-1. I'd even spend money to send it to you for an autograph from the designer!!
    11-29-11 10:53 PM
    The BlackBerry Saber is a winner for me if it has bezel gestures, RIM pay attention. Good job on the mock ups

11-29-11 11:04 PM
    Both are excellent. My choice would be the FS-1 with the trackpad and buttons. Heck they could be part of the bezel, capacitive not physical, just raised in the trackpad spot and maybe a textured surface for the buttons. Would be cool.

11-30-11 01:17 AM
    Can you add side view, shows how thin and some micro USB and etc. Would be nice..
    11-30-11 02:00 AM
    They're nice but too HTC-ish to be a BlackBerry. It looks like my Evo 3D on steroids.
    11-30-11 02:13 AM
    Great designs
    Could u show what a Landscape slide out Keyboard would look like ??
    11-30-11 03:54 AM
    i have no drawing skills so i pasted an HTC Desire Z keyboard to your design, hope u dont mind :P

it would be great if u could add a proper Bold 9000-style keyboard
    and probably for the people who prefer the saber design, can have an optical trackpad inside the slide out keyboard
    11-30-11 05:14 AM
    Looks a little too much like an HTC Evo4G to me...
    11-30-11 05:19 AM
    @pootermobile - Y U Get My hopes up for what the next gen awesome BB's will be?
    maybe RIM should hire you and a bunch of others on this site who have the pulse of what users really want!!
    11-30-11 08:01 AM
    This is great, make a QWERTY version and I'm sold

11-30-11 08:17 AM
    Hey Poot,

What if the "slider" version didn't slide vertically (portrait) to expose a keyboard below but the front half of the phone remained "portrait" and about 2/3 of the back half of the phone "rotated" down to a somewhat "T" shaped operation to give us the Bold 9900 keyboard? Battery placement would be an issue (phone thickness would have to accommodate battery and mechanism - or battery would have to be placed high in the device)

The mechanism would be a 1/4 arc / compound swing, not saying it would be easy to make it robust/smooth, but for mock-up purposes would love to see it!
    11-30-11 08:40 AM
    I was messing around with a design for what a BBX device would maybe look like, or what I'd like it to look like. If you guys have any ideas or input feel free to leave a comment and I can maybe add it to the design

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

You must really like the HTC EVO.
    Good mock up though.
    I'd buy it.

I would like to see a BBX phone that looks like a
    phone sized PlayBook.
    11-30-11 08:44 AM
    Maybe a little HTCish but I like them and keep in mind that those styles are what is selling these days and if we want RIM to survive they have to find a way to adapt to what the market wants while trying to keep the die hards like us happy...

No easy task!

PG
    11-30-11 09:59 AM
    Not so much HTC-like...PlayBook like...

I can dig it. Good job Poots
    11-30-11 11:02 AM
    Here is my idea for a BBX phone.
    I used the Playbook as the base for my images.
    I just threw the slider version together, didn't put much effort into it. ( ignore quality )
    And I am also no graphic designer ( please excuse quality )
    11-30-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the input everybody. Ill keep working on the design. Funny thing is the first look was kinda PlayBook-ish and some peeps didn't like it, now that I changed it I see requests for a PlayBook-ish look hahaha! It's cool though I'll take your suggestions seriously. And I don't think it looks too much like an HTC phone. Keep the comments and suggestions coming!
    Last edited by Pootermobile; 11-30-11 at 12:53 PM.
    11-30-11 12:44 PM
    Lol well as a phone designer. You have to give it that flavor where it reminds people enough of the Playbook. But not too much so people aren't like it's too much like the Playbook.

That's a hard task no doubt.

But I think the bezels on the sides need to be a little bigger.
    11-30-11 01:25 PM
    Here is my idea for a BBX phone.
    I used the Playbook as the base for my images.
    I just threw the slider version together, didn't put much effort into it. ( ignore quality )
    And I am also no graphic designer ( please excuse quality )
    This is a home run!!! GOOD FREAKIN JOB!!!!
    I'll take one.....NOW!
    xRuhRohx likes this.
    11-30-11 01:30 PM
    I think its fairly well accepted that the BBX phone will have the same aspect ratio as the the playbook so, maybe adjusted the relative dimensions will get you a better representation of the device. But all in all good work!
    11-30-11 02:48 PM
    wasnt the screen aspect ratio the same as the playbook, 16:9. I think both devices would be thinner i they were released. Definitely like the design though.
    11-30-11 05:20 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD