hey all,

have a Nokia N9 NFC handset along with some other nokia NFC accessories like the headphones, and i want to know whether the NFC element to the accessories will be usable on other manufacturers devices (for quick-sync etc), such as BBOS10.

will this be possible?
    06-19-12 07:56 AM
    Hard to say when nobody has seen BB10. Have you tried it with the Bold 9900 since it has nfc?
    06-19-12 09:13 AM
    i don't have a BB handset, or know anyone who does, cheers.

*wonders if anyone else has tried a similar combination*
    06-20-12 06:33 AM
    Maybe if you go to a retail location around your area they might have a working model on display.

Although I can not remember if the pre loaded OS on the bold had nfc enabled.
    06-20-12 07:48 AM
    Doubt it, the software has to be in place also.

Unless if it's something like connect bluetooth, it wouldn't work.
    06-20-12 02:17 PM
    cheers.

shame if true, as it very much limits the usefulness of NFC if it is vendor specific.

look at it this way, would anyone be happy if all their BT devices were vendor locked?
    06-21-12 04:29 AM
    Does the Nokia nfc headphone "pair" with a BlackBerry 9900 or Galaxy Nexus or .. ?
    The BlackBerry Tag app shares something with the sharing app on an Android Phone?
    Interesting questions and I don't find much info to on the internet about this.

NFC and cross-platform capabilities;
    The NFC forum released the SNEP Protocol for data exchange and transfer, the peer to peer mode.
    Android; In Ice Cream Sandwich and beyond, Android devices will make use of SNEP
    BlackBerry; supports SNEP
    Windows; the Lumia 610 NFC supports SNEP
    Symbian; NOT
    Applying, testing and tweaking this protocol should make NFC p2p apps work on all nfc enabled handsets. BUT, developers and manufacturers are not obliged to apply these NFC-Forum protocol specifications.
    Yet little specific information, I know there is an app to exchange business card between a Blackberry and an Android device, for the rest ?
    On my website this page with all available NFC phones. I'm trying to expand the overview with specific nfc information from each handset. We will need some more patience, user experiences start to come sparsely available.
    I might find something on this forum ..
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    06-22-12 09:13 PM
    hmmm, apparently the N9 does support SNEP interesting to know.

Features | NfcInteractor.com

but, doesn't tell me whether nokia nfc periperhals make use of it (given that symbian NFC doesn't).
    07-13-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD