03-05-16 03:26 PM
33 12
tools
    The fat guy who showed off the slider said it was a fake phone.
    lol at "the fat guy".

Funny, but after learning about Louk's activity behind-the-scenes to effectively kill BB10 (however inaccurate my assessment of his activities are) when I see that pic of him holding the fake slider with the fake BB10 'decal', I think "gee he reminds me of Rob Ford". He didn't so much when I thought the slider would be running BB10.

The way the human mind works is mysterious. Or completely understandable.
    12-11-15 10:03 AM
    Speaking of the OHA, why is the Blackberry name not listed among it's members. I don't pretend to know anything about the organization, really, but just curious why it is not listed on their website. Is it just a matter of the list not being updated yet, or maybe not ALL companies are not listed. Can someone enlighten me?
    You don't have to join OHA to get Google Apps, some smaller players like OnePlus aren't OHA members; you just have to sign a Mobile Application Distribution Agreement, or MADA which each Google Android phone maker signs OHA or not. One of the clauses contained therein is an anti-fragmentation clause which governs devices that are non-Google Android.
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-11-15 10:07 AM
    Really?

I don't recall being able to swipe to the left to go to the app drawer. Can someone confirm?

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, you cannot.

You can swipe right to show accounts, but swiping left will just do the gesture it is set for in hub settings.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-11-15 10:52 AM
    Well, the one I saw this morning was definitely a real phone.

Posted via CB10
    Should have asked the guy! I know I would have!

Anyways, my contract on my z30 is up so anxious to upgrade to some new hardware but patiently gonna wait to see what new BlackBerry phones are coming out!

If a BB10 Priv is on its way definitely getting that over the Android Priv!!! Preferably a BB10 successor to my z30 or some all touch Priv

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 09:47 PM
    Only if they used the Passport's chipset in a Priv chassis. Qualcomm and Chen specifically said they did not build BB10 drivers for the Snapdragon 808.
    What was most distressing about this information is if Chen is not willing to invest money for drivers on upgraded chipsets it means any new BB10 phone will have old tech. This is pretty much confirmed with the classic and leap.

If a BB10 Priv came out maybe it would be sporting a passport chipset and arguably not needing something more powerful. Since BB likes to clean up old stock they will probably just rebrand the Priv with old tech for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 09:22 AM
    Tizen doesn't ship with the ability to run Android apps. A end user has to take a Tizen device and install third party software on to it in order to make Android apps work on Tizen.

Tizen and Samsung is nothing at all like what BlackBerry has done with BB10. BlackBerry created BB10 with the ability to piggy back off of Android. Samsung didn't do that with Tizen. A third party developer did it for them. Huge difference there.
    And I'm sure Tizen had nothing to do with this end user making this software. BlackBerry should just take the same approach and "unofficially" have an end user develop stuff for BB they can't officially support.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 09:33 AM
    What was most distressing about this information is if Chen is not willing to invest money for drivers on upgraded chipsets it means any new BB10 phone will have old tech. This is pretty much confirmed with the classic and leap.

If a BB10 Priv came out maybe it would be sporting a passport chipset and arguably not needing something more powerful. Since BB likes to clean up old stock they will probably just rebrand the Priv with old tech for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    If a BB10 Priv came out it would need a new OS Release and a New Developer SDK, that would be too much work and money just to get rid of some old stock.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 09:46 AM
    I am still holding on to my Z10, Z3 and LEAP... and been waiting patiently for the OS10 version of the PRIV...
    Duh... how long will that wait gonna be?
    03-05-16 03:26 PM
33 12