We all have dreams ... Lets hope some become realities.

Here is my mockup version of what I think the next bold should be like.

What do you guys think
    03-27-12 01:17 AM
    Looks like a realistic rendition of what the Bold QNX-based phone could be! I like it, though i noticed that there was no trackpad... did you leave this out due to gesture-based navigation, lack of adequate space, both?
    03-27-12 01:48 AM
    The top is a little too square, BlackBerry have for the most part always included a curve around the edges.

Otherwise, it's perfect. Although in the app dashboard, "Safari" lol?
    03-27-12 02:26 AM
    The top is a little too square, BlackBerry have for the most part always included a curve around the edges.

Otherwise, it's perfect. Although in the app dashboard, "Safari" lol?
    Blackberry needs to break some traditions to show a whole "fresh" product but also not to forget who we are at the same time. The screen sample used is just an image I input from googling QNX home screen. Maybe tomorrow I should redesign a home screen with virgin widgets and character.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    03-27-12 03:08 AM
    Looks like a realistic rendition of what the Bold QNX-based phone could be! I like it, though i noticed that there was no trackpad... did you leave this out due to gesture-based navigation, lack of adequate space, both?
    Dont get me wrong. I love my trackpad. But with upgraded gestures and frame scrolling, there might be some dust on a dated trackpad but I did always want a trackpad on the side of the phone. Located where the volume up button is on the 9900, where your thumb rests when holding it... But this would suck for lefties.
    03-27-12 03:20 AM

What do you guys think
    i like it!!
    03-28-12 04:03 AM
    I have trouble seeing how a physical keyboard can be accommodated along with a 16:9 screen unless the phone is a slider. What do you guys think
    03-28-12 07:00 AM
    Would have to be a slider. Otherwise it would look weird and the balance point would be too high up to make this comfortable to hold.
    ayekon likes this.
    03-28-12 04:24 PM
    Idk it may just be me, not trying to be sarcastic here, but I feel like there really couldn't be a phone that would be hard to hold, unless it was like one of those old nextel flip phones or a really big landscape slide phone or something. just my opinion
    Last edited by jkomo001; 05-13-12 at 11:53 AM.
    03-28-12 07:46 PM

What do you guys think
    LOVE IT!!!!

So I'm VERY glad to hear they clarified today that while a full touch device is planned for BB10, they will also have keyboard based devices as well. This mockup is pretty much what I'm seeking. Love my 9930, but in your depiction, the screen would be slightly larger (not too large please) and still retain a bold 9930 like keyboard (which I also love).

What you've shown here is pretty much my dream BB device, with the new OS! VEry cool.

I'm getting excited again about RIMM. I hope they take making their devices more stable than in the past. I won't used another phone, but the 9930 has some bugs as does the Playbook - some very annoying ones I might add. In the same sentence, there are some things that are pure genious with these devices and for that, I'm sticking with Rimm. Apple does have the edge when it comes to selling, solid, bug-free iPhones so my hope is that Rimm can learn from this.

Thanks again for the pic. I think I'm gonna use it for my background as I dream of the future...Hopefully soon to be future.

Lastly, I'm a bit torn about the right size form factor for my perfect phone. BB 9930 is prefect in my hands, but the new Alpha BB 10 that I'm seeing just seems too large for my needs....Then again, I "think" I want a slightly larger screen, but I also want it to fit in my pocket. How in the heck does apple get away with making just one phone that seems to be perfect for everyone? Geez!

Last edited by Bold9930; 05-02-12 at 10:35 PM.
    05-02-12 10:31 PM
    will never work with aspect ratio

edit: and those hard buttons... id need cabbage hands... seriously... afterwards id need sharks with frickens laser beams on their heads... ok?
    Last edited by ayekon; 05-03-12 at 12:41 AM.
    05-03-12 12:39 AM
    Unfortunately, the main problem with a design like yours is that the centre of balance will be away from where you would naturally hold the device making it too top-heavy.

Assuming they drop the trackpad row that gains them a bit of space and then if you only made the device a couple of mm wider you could fit in a qwerty keyboard and a 3.1" display which is probably the best you could do without making the device too big or heavy.
    05-04-12 09:06 AM

What do you guys think
    i would very much like that, and if the battery life was on par with the bold 9780 or even the 9900 i'd get it
    05-08-12 11:41 PM
    I'd buy that. But the menu keys are too close. Space them out a bit & you have a winner!
    It doesn't look as thin as the "TK Victory" design. Which I like, because too thin of a phone means no autofocus.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-24-12 at 01:58 PM.
    05-24-12 01:55 PM
    No a fan of this device. Common Blackberry knock our socks off...
    05-24-12 03:34 PM
    keypad looks too small to fit those with big fingers. and even with small fingers like mine, i think ill press the wrong keys quite often. :x
    05-25-12 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD