12-20-10 04:10 AM
43 12
tools
    I spent some time on the phone today with a supervisor level tech at VZW who told me that he and several others had gone through BB OS 6 training this morning. He stated that this usually means that a new device will be launched at VZW in the next few days. He stated that the simulated device they were viewing looked like a Storm with a keyboard. He also stated that the user interface was "cleaned up". Also he stated that the device held by the instructor looked like a larger screened torch. He also stated that the speed was dramatically improved.
    12-08-10 10:27 AM
    If it's true, they sure kept this one under tight wraps. I don't remember any leaks on a device such as the one you're describing. Good rumor nonetheless!
    iamnealg likes this.
    12-08-10 10:53 AM
    He went through BB6 training because BB6 is coming out for the new Curve and the existing Bold/9650 devices.
    12-08-10 11:56 AM
    There's probably a few zillion people in the same boat - hanging on to their Storm 1's & 2's PATIENTLY waiting for a reason to stick with BB. BUT - we get zilch. Nothing from RIM stating planned specs, approximate dates, which carriers, etc. Every time I stop in a Verizon store and play with an Android based touch screen it gets HARDER and HARDER to wait. I don't know about everyone else, but if I don't start seeing some "official" leaks/specs/info very soon I'm not going to wait much longer. I know I'm darned sure not going to wait for them to tie together QNX and a dual core sometime in 2011 Q3/Q4.
    12-08-10 12:19 PM
    i think they would hold back on upgrades for existing devices until a new OS6 device is released so there is more incentive to buy something new. i still see this as a sign that a new device could be coming.

**crosses fingers**

edit: put it this way, OS5 seemed to be held back for the S1 (officially) until the S2 came out and then some time after.
    12-08-10 03:05 PM
    He went through BB6 training because BB6 is coming out for the new Curve and the existing Bold/9650 devices.
    this........
    12-08-10 03:09 PM
    edit: put it this way, OS5 seemed to be held back for the S1 (officially) until the S2 came out and then some time after.
    Huh??? Actually OS5 was released for Storm on 10/25/2009, and Storm2 was released with OS5 on 10/28/2009.
    12-08-10 03:14 PM
    There has been some talk of the Storm2 refresh coming back from the dead, but who knows?
    12-08-10 03:16 PM
    Please stop with the refreshes already you dont see tv's and computers coming out as refresh. software updates are good to fix programing errors but dont waste the time and money selling the same old phone with maybe 1-2 minor upgrades! so please upgrade the whole package make it something desired!!!!
    12-08-10 03:58 PM
    Please stop with the refreshes already you dont see tv's and computers coming out as refresh. software updates are good to fix programing errors but dont waste the time and money selling the same old phone with maybe 1-2 minor upgrades! so please upgrade the whole package make it something desired!!!!
    That's not true computers come out as refreshes with last generation parts. Its the packaging that is different but the chip has been around for a few years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 04:05 PM
    Meanwhile the bleeding continues. I know if my customer base was dwindling I would consider it somewhat of an emergency and would do what it took to expedite new products, and to COMMUNICATE to their customer base a reason to stick around . Most BB owners who jump ship will be stuck in 1 or 2 year contracts, and once you migrate to a different platform and get used to it you may never go back.
    12-08-10 04:24 PM
    The only reason I stay with BB is because my work pays for it......I still may go to Android.....
    12-08-10 04:52 PM
    i'm getting tired of waiting too. all this speculation and nothing from rim. i'm eligable to upgrade on jan 4 2011. i'm going this weekend to check out a droid incredible and a samsung fascinate. i WANT a storm 3....but i'll be darned if i'm gonna wait til q2 for a maybe....

come on rim.....tell us something....and soon.....you have alot of people who upgrade at the first of the year.....and you may be losing them all.
    12-08-10 09:48 PM
    I spent some time on the phone today with a supervisor level tech at VZW who told me that he and several others had gone through BB OS 6 training this morning. He stated that this usually means that a new device will be launched at VZW in the next few days. He stated that the simulated device they were viewing looked like a Storm with a keyboard. He also stated that the user interface was "cleaned up". Also he stated that the device held by the instructor looked like a larger screened torch. He also stated that the speed was dramatically improved.
    Are you sure he wasn't just someone who reads a lot of crackberry news and rumors? Because if this is all true, then RIM has a better secrecy than the Pentagon. Not to mention, if it's coming out "in a few days" with no commercial no anticpation and basically zero knowledge, just how this would be beneficial to sell this "secret" project? Maybe the dealers should also hide it under the desk and only show it if you know the magic word.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-08-10 at 11:27 PM.
    12-08-10 11:25 PM
    My friend knows a guy who knows the other guys dad whos the CEO of Verizon and told me the same thing.
    jpg and iamnealg like this.
    12-09-10 02:08 AM
    I'm very happy with the non-touch screen blackberry I have. WAIT, you know what? The torch should have been the storm 3. It's just got the added keyboard and trackpad.

12-09-10 03:13 AM
    I hope this is true and the phone is released in febuary, I really don't want to upgrade to the outdated torch. I like it in all, but the strom 3 has me intrigued

12-09-10 03:53 AM
    I hope this is true and the phone is released in febuary, I really don't want to upgrade to the outdated torch. I like it in all, but the strom 3 has me intrigued

Outdated? Man, you must seem like your brainwashed. It was just released within 2010. All this marketing propaganda is insane! Outdated is 10 years old. Like come on.

12-09-10 03:56 AM
    Are you sure he wasn't just someone who reads a lot of crackberry news and rumors? Because if this is all true, then RIM has a better secrecy than the Pentagon. Not to mention, if it's coming out "in a few days" with no commercial no anticpation and basically zero knowledge, just how this would be beneficial to sell this "secret" project? Maybe the dealers should also hide it under the desk and only show it if you know the magic word.
    I believe the magic word/password is New England Clam Chowder

12-09-10 07:22 AM
    The only reason I stay with BB is because my work pays for it......I still may go to Android.....
    Maybe windows 7 if RIM doesn't deliver some goodies.

12-09-10 08:14 AM
    I want to see RIM come out with a phone named the. Bb matrix.all they would have to do is buy the rights to use the name.when you get a call,smith would speak and say it is inevetible.don't forget the animated matrix wallpaper.

12-09-10 11:00 AM
    I believe the secret word would be "Rosebud"!
    12-09-10 11:01 AM
    I believe the secret word would be "Rosebud"!
    I had to watch the movie twice to get that.
    oldschoolbb likes this.
    12-09-10 11:10 AM
    I think I'm just gonna go back to a 7290!

oldschoolbb likes this.
    12-09-10 11:15 AM
    Outdated? Man, you must seem like your brainwashed. It was just released within 2010. All this marketing propaganda is insane! Outdated is 10 years old. Like come on.

in the tech world a phone that is using 2 year old hardware is outdated. It doesnt matter when you actually buy the phone
    dcorx likes this.
    12-09-10 11:17 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD