Personally, I would like to see at least some of the new BB10 phones get away from the physical keyboards. I use my phones for business and both of my BlackBerry phones that I have owned, have had that type of keypad. But now with the advent of bridge with the Playbook, I would like to have a phone with a larger display and use the Playbook via bridge when doing the more in depth typing. Of course I still want to have the virtual touch screen type of keyboard for text and other social media.
    04-14-12 09:15 AM
    I believe that is what is happening. The first BB10 phones are supposed to be full touch with no physical keyboard.
    04-14-12 09:55 AM
    That's kinda funny. I had a storm and now a 9860 and now that I have a playbook and use it almost exclusively, I am wanting a keyboard bb. I'm the opposite of you.

Before my pb, I used my phone alot for surfing, emails, and slacker. Since my pb I only use my phone as a phone. I'm actually thinking of going back to a dumbphone. Whoa, can't believe I just said that. I don't know if I could actually do it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-12 10:11 AM
    I believe that is what is happening. The first BB10 phones are supposed to be full touch with no physical keyboard.
    So we might as well all give in and buy an I Phone which at least will have an OS that is proven.

No keyboard, no BB10 for me.

To those who say it doesn't matter, just use your Playbook keyboard, not all of us either own one or want to carry one round with us all day.
    04-14-12 03:18 PM
    Well...you can buy your I-Phone if you want, but I'll wait on the BB10 phones.
    04-14-12 06:13 PM
    But I honestly think that RIM plans to unveil both styles to make everyone happy. Read this excerpt from an article "This is where BB10 comes to the rescue, it will scale itself to all the different models and their modes of use with well-designed touch controls just like on the PlayBook, as well as the hardware keyboard usage and shortcuts we all love. Features that are properly designed to work in both keyboard and non-keyboard form factors. This is what RIM needs. This way users who want the traditional Bold form factor to have the best keyboard experience they can get or users who want the new school full touch screen phone, can have exactly what they want from the BlackBerry ecosystem with all the benefits it comes with. The same RIM OS will drive them all and if done right, no fragmentation issues for developers to deal with. The perfect mobile world indeed."
    04-14-12 06:25 PM
    I think at this point everyone knows that RIM will release devices to suit both preferences. They would be stupid to go against consumer demand for an all-touch device, and they would be stupid to alienate their base and enterprise customers by NOT releasing a device with a physical keypad.

2012 will see at least one all-touch BB10 device, and at least one Bold-style BB10 device.
    04-15-12 10:15 AM
    That's kinda funny. I had a storm and now a 9860 and now that I have a playbook and use it almost exclusively, I am wanting a keyboard bb. I'm the opposite of you.

Before my pb, I used my phone alot for surfing, emails, and slacker. Since my pb I only use my phone as a phone. I'm actually thinking of going back to a dumbphone. Whoa, can't believe I just said that. I don't know if I could actually do it.
    Actually, I am with you on this one. I love my Torch. but because I now have my PB tethered to my Torch, when I am browsing or even reading documents, I use the bridge. I like the keyboard on the phone cause it's easier to type. feels more natural. So now, I'm thinking of getting the new Bold since I don't need a big screen on phone, I have the PB now. but I am torn between getting the Bold now or wait until BB10 comes out.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-12 12:06 PM
    Actually, I'd love to see em make a full touch with detachable keyboard plug-ins. One device, customizable.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-18-12 at 12:47 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-12 12:39 PM
    I think RIM should make a couple of these and a couple of those, because i personally use a BB and an iPhone, and i still like the actual Blackberry keypad vs the virtual keypad from the iPhone
    04-18-12 12:47 PM
    I think RIM should make a couple of these and a couple of those, because i personally use a BB and an iPhone, and i still like the actual Blackberry keypad vs the virtual keypad from the iPhone
    I hate trying to type on the smaller iPhone screen more than a virual keyboard itself. You add a bout an in h of usable screen, that problem fades substantially.
    04-18-12 12:51 PM
    I think Rim should come out with a few with keyboards and some without keyboards like they did with bb 7 devices. Then people can choose which they want, the bb keyboard or touchscreen.
    04-26-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD